• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

RANDOM THEME QUEST 1st edition: Results

Once again I'd like to say "thank you" and "well done" to all those who have participated and have managed to finish their quest.

In case you missed them, the entries can be found here: http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=62066

And the polls are here: http://www.purezc.ne...howtopic=62376  http://www.purezc.ne...howtopic=62377  http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=62378

(now that the contest is over, new votes won't be taken into account, so it'd be cool if a moderator could close the polls now... otherwise, should you read this thread later on and see a discrepancy, that'll be the reason)

BEST QUEST

IN THE LOST KINGDOM OF THE BANANA BLOOD GOD by Moosh and Russ

(NB: Some people have disregarded the "vote for two quests" rule, but even if you don't count their votes, the winner is still the same)

FUNNIEST QUEST

KILLER FRISBEE ANARCHY by Lejes

MOST ORIGINAL QUEST

SUBATOMIC BLADE GONE WILD by Astromeow

QUEST THAT DID THE MOST WITH AN UNLIKELY TITLE

PHOENIX WRIGHT: BAKING TYCOON by EddyTheOliveira

QUEST THAT FITS ITS TITLE THE MOST

PIXELLATED ARCHITECTURE DUNGEON by Avataro

Congratulations! This contest was a lot of fun and, like I said in the other thread, should there be a demand for a second edition, I'll happily let someone else host it so we can have different rules next time.

• LinkFan212 likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:49 PM

I'm surprised my so-called "Phoenix Wright" quest managed to win something here. I'm pretty happy with that :D

#3 Astromeow

Astromeow

RESPECT DA OBOE SOLO

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:40 PM

Again congrats to all, this sure was a fun event! This really brought our community together for a spring time rendezvous

#4 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

In the lost kingdom of the banana blood god is not only the best entry of this contest but also one of the best quests in general. You guys should upload it to the Database now that the contest has ended.

Congrats at everyone and looking forward to another competition like this sometime :D

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

In the lost kingdom of the banana blood god is not only the best entry of this contest but also one of the best quests in general. You guys should upload it to the Database now that the contest has ended.

We plan to, once we finish the game. We had planned to make a bonus dungeon, but simply ran out of time to do so (the entrance is still in the game, but you'll find something... very silly waiting for you). Now that the contest is over, we're going to actually build the bonus dungeon, balance the difficulty a bit, do some bugfixes, then upload it to the database.

• Air Luigi, Avaro and Hoff123 like this

#6 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

We plan to, once we finish the game. We had planned to make a bonus dungeon, but simply ran out of time to do so (the entrance is still in the game, but you'll find something... very silly waiting for you). Now that the contest is over, we're going to actually build the bonus dungeon, balance the difficulty a bit, do some bugfixes, then upload it to the database.

Sounds great! Would the save file be compatible?

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:30 PM

Sounds great! Would the save file be compatible?

That I'm not sure. You'd have to ask Moosh, since he's doing the scripting, but I'm guessing with a new dungeon, new boss, and new item, there's probably gonna have to be a new global variable slipped in somewhere that breaks the current save files.

#8 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:03 PM

Oh god, why. I hate Eddies bosses so much. The baker guy is hard enough, and once I barely survived that one the next boss is even harder. So I die on the second boss, and it brings me back to the first. I just quit there.

#9 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:33 AM

Oh god, why. I hate Eddies bosses so much. The baker guy is hard enough, and once I barely survived that one the next boss is even harder. So I die on the second boss, and it brings me back to the first. I just quit there.

I honestly found them too easy. The Merchant just kinda teleports around spawning enemies that die in about 2 hits.
The Moblin is just a boosted Moblin with a rather predictable Attack. Either way, I'd say give it another try, as they can't be that hard.

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:11 AM

Oh god, why. I hate Eddies bosses so much. The baker guy is hard enough, and once I barely survived that one the next boss is even harder. So I die on the second boss, and it brings me back to the first. I just quit there

Eddy's* OCD kicks in there, sorry lol.

Anyway, with the Baker, the enemies he spawns has a very high chance of dropping health, and the Moblin should be fairly easy since you can kinda predict where he'll shoot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users