• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:58 AM

Everything is expired before 02/04/2011

The Legend of Zelda: The Triforce of Courage
Created By: Midnight_King

Next Update: To Be Determined

Short Welcoming/Description

Welcome to The Triforce of Courage development/official thread. You, as Link, are on a perilous journey to save the almost doomed magical kingdom of Hyrule. Hyrule is infested with great evil causing chaotic madness to the land that was once peaceful. You must destroy the evil with the Master Sword drawing the sword out requires one with the Triforce of Courage witch is currently shattered in four hidden in the far reached corners of Hyrule. How can Link, for one, find these pieces?

Such as this quest he must undertake!

Basic Features:

Use of the subscreen, item, enemy editor making this quest more fun and entertaining. A light edited modified Pure Remembrance tileset to suit my likings. One massive overworld with different places and areas to spice up your exploration. Five giant dungeons to conquer on this journey with a optional two mini dungeons to beat. A deep backstory with not everything told leaving speculations and theories in your minds. And much more yet to discover.

Conclusion:

I'm hoping nearly everyone who plays this enjoys what it has to offer and will finish this game pleased and make reviews to help me build me next unplanned quest in late-future.

~ Midnight_King

(Title Edit ~Angeal)

Edited by Midnight_King, 14 April 2011 - 09:38 PM.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Well. I don't exactly know what to expect here. You're saying it's going to be great, none the less a video or playable demo would be nice to judge that myself. Likely you've just started this quest and don't have any such thing available right now. No problem, of course. Good luck achieving your goals for that quest.
Out of all the quests you've started so far, this one actually looks the most promising. Classic seems to be your tileset, from what I see. Just don't push it too far away from the original and you're save, I'd say. This looks to me like something you could do rather well. Thus I like it. Good luck!

#3 ToonLink100

ToonLink100

• Members

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:42 PM

It looks good! I mean it's not bad! I would play if I could. icon_biggrin.gif

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 29 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

I always kind of knew classic was my favorite tileset is was extremely easy to use. At times progress is slow not gonna lie take my flight to Tasmania for example I have also got school and preparing to for the secondary 2011 I think Ill have nice speed the demo is going to b e out soon as this are that I shown is done along with level 1.

Testing shadows on the back of the mountains YES or NO?
http://tinypic.com/r/30clpid/7

The bridge was there for the shadow test the stairs back.

Edited by Midnight_King, 29 November 2010 - 02:07 AM.

#5 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:25 AM

Could be a good game. I love that screen, it's excellent for classic tileset. Although, the name is
a little weird to me. I know it's hard to think of names, but someone is making a quest called, "Mystical Seed of Courage"
based on the canceled game, Well, it was made into Oracle of Ages, Mystical Seed of Courage. I just think a better name
would work.

#6 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 29 November 2010 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(cremeens1000 @ Nov 29 2010, 02:25 AM) View Post

Could be a good game. I love that screen, it's excellent for classic tileset. Although, the name is
a little weird to me. I know it's hard to think of names, but someone is making a quest called, "Mystical Seed of Courage"
based on the canceled game, Well, it was made into Oracle of Ages, Mystical Seed of Courage. I just think a better name
would work.

Zebrastallion said I can have the title, its something minor not major. His the co-making of the game, thanks about the screen icon_wink.gif

#7 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

These graphics are definitely an improvement over the last ones. Nice job. icon_thumbsup.gif

Edit: Also, I'd just like to say that you've improved a lot. icon_wink.gif

Edited by ZebraStallion, 29 November 2010 - 10:29 PM.

#8 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

QUOTE(ZebraStallion @ Nov 29 2010, 04:12 PM) View Post

These graphics are definitely an improvement over the last ones. Nice job. icon_thumbsup.gif

Edit: Also, I'd just like to say that you've improved a lot. icon_wink.gif

Thats great!! Yes there was something wrong in the first set of graphics credit goes to Xiion for most of the graphics (a Tree, weeds in water, tall non slashable grass rocky terrain (Not seen in screen.).) and some others are whipped up by me nearly all dungeon tiles are used and overworld.

#9 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 02 December 2010 - 12:16 AM

Eh? Bump the thread to let yous guys know that all days work is still on paper, gonna plans some never seen before stuff and searching for beautiful music and editing tiles.

EDIT: Here is the list of environments I going to be using:

* = No name for it yet
**= Name is possibly going to change
- Watery Heights
- Tornado Hills
- Magma Cliffs
- River Lowlands
- Bubble Bay
- Swamp (*)
- Anceint Ruins
- Snowflake Valley
- Volcano (*)
- Forest (*)
- Deep Forest (*)
- Jungle (*)
- Castle Town
Also do note that there are some minor areas hence this is the major area list. These are not in order.

here is the list of the main dungeons:

*= No name for it yet
**= Name is possibly going to change

- Jungle Halls
- Water Keep
- Cloud Fort
- Ice Cavern
- Temple Ruins (**)

List of mini-dungeons note the stars represent the same thing:

- Garden Walls
- Lowland Caves
- Fiery Citadel
- Forest Temple (*)

Also do note that Lake Hyilan and Death Mountain aren't they because I mentioned them in the first post

Edited by Midnight_King, 02 December 2010 - 12:35 AM.

#10 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 December 2010 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE(Midnight_King @ Nov 29 2010, 08:04 AM) View Post

That's what I was talking about when suggesting not to overdo it. The alternative bushes are acceptable at best, but those shadows are over the top IMO. Actually, I'd (personally) simply stick with the original tiles, but well, go for whatever you're planning. Maybe just don't forget that Classic is ment to look simple. Otherwise it isn't Classic anymore, is it?

#11 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

Yeah its funny I deleted the ripped graphics and pallet.

#12 GamingNomad

GamingNomad

formerly KenMeister

• Members

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:41 PM

Looks nice,but one very important request.CAN YOU FINISH THIS?
Please,no more cancelled projects!

#13 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 06 December 2010 - 01:36 AM

The only problem with other quests is that there were either to HARD or to EASY and I know 100% more then ever, so why not pick an easy set and edit it with a classic feel?

This quest proves that I am creative with my 2.5 without scripts and classic is a wonderful set.

Some overworld design is similar to Zelda 1 like the trees in a pattern but some are random = a mix of my and classic flavour.

#14 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

Update: Friday the 10th, December, 2010
Graphics Heavily Edited/Created

The progress on this custom/edited set is 10% the basics (Land, Terrain, Trees, Water, Bridge/Dock and Rocks.) are done and for the fun of it no test screens :3 (Nah, If I haven't got enough yet so I just wait until all 20% is done.)

Last day for Primary School

Boo Yeah!! Had the most funnest but saddest weeks ever! I going to secondary school witch is now awesome icon_awesome.gif. But sad because some of my friends are going to different school; to my friends that I had fun with take care in the holidays icon_wink.gif.

7 full weeks of Summer Hoildays

Boo Yeah!!! Another great bonus for me, Max see ya face 2 face next week icon_wink.gif, 1/2 of my time is spent here working on my project.
So yeah moar updates soooooonnnnnnn!!!

Keep all ears and eyes at this thread because next update is 12th of December!!

Wish yous all luck friends, Max, and fellow members, I just so happy icon_lol.gif

#15 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:12 PM

Yes, today is the 12th of December and no update yet, but of course today is not over yet....waiting with baited breath.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users