Photo

Why Link recover when he get the fairy?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Why Link recover when he get the fairy?

Why Link recover when he get the fairy?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

She looks like Vanice?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:32 AM

I believe 2 Link eat the fairy!! icon_biggrin.gif

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:17 AM

According to the LoZ manual, the fairy sprinkles fairy powder on Link. Exactly the same way as she does when Link dies in ALttP while having a bottled fairy. Of course, it would have been nice if the "sprinkle => fly away" animation was done at every fairy get. Almost like in OoT/MM where the fairy cicrcles around Link. Except that there she disappears. So, you also could say that fairies dissolve/melt. icon_eek.gif

#3 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

She looks like Vanice?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:28 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Apr 9 2008, 06:17 PM) View Post
According to the LoZ manual, the fairy sprinkles fairy powder on Link.
I forget it... icon_eek.gif

Edited by Nameless, 09 April 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:52 AM

Well, I read that manual in German and I don't really know German, but that sprinkling sure happens in ALttP. Altough, eating them would be epic. It would explain why the fairies fly randomly: they want to escape Link. icon_heh.gif

#5 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Apr 9 2008, 03:17 AM) View Post

According to the LoZ manual, the fairy sprinkles fairy powder on Link. Exactly the same way as she does when Link dies in ALttP while having a bottled fairy. Of course, it would have been nice if the "sprinkle => fly away" animation was done at every fairy get. Almost like in OoT/MM where the fairy cicrcles around Link. Except that there she disappears. So, you also could say that fairies dissolve/melt. icon_eek.gif

But WHO lets the fairy outta the bottle!?!?

like that song ... who let the fairy's out!? who! who! who-who! who let the fairy's out!? icon_lol.gif

#6 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:15 AM

I feel it would be highly inappropriate not to post this now: http://www.vgcats.co...s/?strip_id=118
Faeries taste like baklava. Baklava with tiny bones.

#7 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

Link enjoys Fairy Snacks. It's a little-known secret.

Plus, they're full of nutrition. *Munch*

#8 octorok

octorok

Lord of the Octoroks

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Apr 9 2008, 09:15 AM) View Post

I feel it would be highly inappropriate not to post this now: http://www.vgcats.co...s/?strip_id=118
Faeries taste like baklava. Baklava with tiny bones.

OMG that was hilarious hahahahaha icon_lol.gif icon_twisted.gif

#9 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

That VGCats was a good one icon_smile.gif

#10 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

Link obviously doesn't eat the fairy. It's obvious, as the fairy flies around Link, spilling sparkles, and then vanishes. Unless your confusion is coming from the 2D Zeldas, in which there is no animation when you use it. But in ALttP (haven't played any 2D Zeldas past that enough), if you die, and you have a fairy in a bottle, it'll come out, sprinkle dust on you, and fly away, as CastChaos pointed out already.

Not to mention Sturgeon in WW, when your grandma's sick: "Only fairy dust can heal her now." Something like that. That's when you have to get a fairy and use it on her. It sprinkles dust on her, and flies away.

#11 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite)
Not to mention Sturgeon in WW, when your grandma's sick: "Only fairy dust can heal her now." Something like that. That's when you have to get a fairy and use it on her. It sprinkles dust on her, and flies away.

They just censored it outside of Japan 'cause they figured the age rating would hurt sales too much elsewhere.

#12 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

She looks like Vanice?

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:50 PM

Though,"Link eat the fairy!!" get 3 votes(one of them is mine).
But I should write it "What Link eat the fairy!!"

#13 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:57 PM

Hey I think it is pretty known that the fairy sparkles dust on you to give you life and to revive you.

#14 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:31 PM

If you watch closely in ALttP, the fairy sprinkles these little "sparkle" sprites on top of Link, and flies away. In OoT, little particles fly out of the wings of the fairy. Significance? Yeah, I think so.

#15 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:02 PM

What I always thought was that the fairy actually SACRIFICES its soul either through the dust or via orbiting around Link.

It sorta makes more sense as fairy dust, but the sacrifice makes sense for why the fairy disappears rather than reuniting with Link. Of course it would make the games really boring, so I think that is why the fairy sacrifices itself. No other creature would be that loving.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users