Photo

My first quest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

Poll: Does this quest look any good? (83 member(s) have cast votes)

If I were to finish this quest, would you bother to play it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#121 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

Bump for great justice!

I'm assuming that because I haven't heard of any new bugs, things have gone smoothely after level 3, everyone lost interest, or the damage combo bug has halted all progress. Can I have a report of where everyone is at the moment?

I was also wondering: should I begin work on the final level to prepare for both possibilities?

#122 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:52 PM

Damage combo bug. But you already knew that.

Dunno, depends on how psyched you are about making the level. If you're not that interested in making it yet, maybe wait until another build gets released, and brainstorm for ideas in the meantime?

#123 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:53 AM

I'm not seeing this bug, though I could just be misunderstanding what the issue is. Could someone show me where it occurs, exactly?

Also, it was mentioned before that there were lots of crashes in level 4. Is that still happening in recent builds?

#124 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 02 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

I'm not sure. If you experience frequent crashing, I can maybe remove mirror properties from the ice blocks (I think that may be contributing to the crashes). The damage combo bug is that sometimes a room's damage combos will transfer to another room if placed on layers. It only occurs in certain builds, so if you have found a recent one that doesn't have it, please do share!

#125 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 04 August 2010 - 08:50 AM

I found another bug. I gave the Gold ring early because I placed it in level 9 behind a guy forgetting I had disabled the old NES guy style. Feel free to take advantage of this.

#126 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:54 AM

I haven't seen the bug in build 1283, but who knows?

Give it a shot. This looks promising!

#127 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

New Windows build. I'm back!

EDIT: Okay, it made me erase my save files. Give me some time to get back to Level 4.

EDIT 2: Made it all the way to Level 5, but there's a key I can't get. It's the one one screen north and one east of the entrance, behind the invisible coin blocks.

Uh...was I supposed to be able to get the ring behind the message guy?

Also, the pits in the Silver Rupee room in Level 4 don't work. And there were a couple times I fell down a pit on the second floor in Level 4 and ended up stuck in a wall on the first floor. I think that only happened in the room just north of the entrance.

Edited by Zenith, 13 August 2010 - 11:12 PM.

#128 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:16 AM

Ok. I'm back from 9 days without internet (9 days more than I'd like...). The bugs with the direct warps in level 4 are rather hard for me to fix because it would make the top floor look too much like the bottom. I'll try my best to fix them. In the rupee room, I forgot to st the warp. That will be fixed in the next version. The invisible coin blocks can actually be walked through to get to the key. They are more there to slow you down than to stop you. What are your thoughts on levels 4 and 5 so far? Do I need to decrease the difficulty?

I'm terribly sorry about the bugs with damage combos. I'll avoid using them on layers in the future.

#129 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:07 PM

Made it to Level 6. However, I haven't figured out what to do after I got the Fire Boomerang.

And can I get the Magic Sword or Red Ring at this point? Either one of those would really help...

#130 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:15 PM

After you get the fire boomerang, you can just unlock the door and fight the boss. I assumed that the player would realize how strange it is to have a boss key in an overworld area and realize that it was part of the dungeon and therefore shares the same boss key. You can get the Magic Sword. Explore S'novuh Shores some more. The Magic sword is less than three screens away from the portal to level 6! It's easier to obtain in this version than it will be in the end, because I'll be re-implementing the failed trading sequence (I had it, but it wasn't working because I failed to realize that the auto save had renamed the quest after a crash) ...The red ring is not obtainable until after level 7 (once you start playing through level 7, I think you'll find that it wouldn't have changed the difficulty much). Hope you find level 7's boss to be as fun as I found it.

#131 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:42 PM

Okay, I'm in Level 7 now, and, predictably, I'm stuck. I can't find where to use the dungeon's third key.

#132 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:04 PM

The third key from the first floor (as you may have guessed) is optional. I figured that all the walking around in the dark with the fans and pits was just too much for the player and so I decided to put a halfway point that opens a portal to the entrance. On the sideview "Ascention" section of the tower, there is a hidden passage through a wall that can be seen with the Spirit Lamp or the Aeon Eye. Speaking of which, have you found either of those?

Edit: By the way. In the final version I'll be making the Spirit Lamp easier to find...

Edited by Pokemonmaster64, 18 August 2010 - 03:08 PM.

#133 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 18 August 2010 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, that's the thing. I have no idea what to do after that third key. I haven't found either of those items. And I definitely haven't seen a sideview section.

#134 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:17 PM

I think I know where you're stuck. There's a door on the left wall in the room with the third key. To find the Spirit Lamp (it will make the first floor MUCH easier), you need to enter the room north from the one with the invisible floor and ball of light that leads you around. You kinda need to walk around blindly until you find an alternate path. I'll be sure to make this path flash visible for the final version.

On another note, I just now realized that remote bombs can be made without scripting. Should I include a remote bomb upgrade somewhere?

#135 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Well, I managed to get the Red Ring, Mirror Shield, and Black Ring really fast. You really need to make the Black Ring harder to get...I only needed to use Nayru's Love Poke's Awesomeness once.

Level 8 is really cool, but I can't reach the second lock block. Is there a switch palace around?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users