What Am I Doing Wrong?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:57 PM

I've been observing some ZC LPers (Teamudf and Melee in particular) quite closely and I notice them EASILY exceeding & breaking 100 views within a day or two on most of their ZC vids.  

Yet when I do ZC vids...my first one will usually do great and then all the ones after my views greatly decrease.  It's quite disheartening and I'm starting to wonder if I'm doing anything wrong...maybe my style isn't good enough?  Am I covering ZC Quests that people just aren't interested in?  I really wish I knew.  ;-;

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy LPing all these quests still and stuff and I love the hell out of the fans I do have.  I try to interact with everyone too in the comments.

Maybe I'm in a funk I don't know...

#2 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:39 PM

It probably has nothing to do with you. Views are a fickle thing. I am a guy who hardly gets views. You're popular compared to me. Hell, I'd say everybody in this forums is popular compared to me when it comes to view count.

It all boils down to many little things. It could be your taste in games hasn't been appealing. It could be the things you say. It could be that your personality isn't as charming as it was when you had many more views. I'd like to bet that it's none of the above. I'd say people just got busier and probably for the most part enjoyed what they wanted to enjoy from watching your channel and may have moved on.

Unfortunately, this could mean they would have to limit how many channels they watch, and therefore feel more inclined to watch MeleeWizard for whatever reason.

MeleeWizard could also have viewers outside of the original zelda classic member base and could also be having viewers of people not from the community, but who are just general fans and supporters of his channel.

You see, there are many variables.

Unfortunately, since I haven't seen your channel. I wouldn't have the slightest of knowledge what you're doing wrong. I'll just share my insight from personal experience, and also just from my beliefs that some times things happen for no reason, therefore it may not even be an issue of what you're doing wrong but an issue of stuff happens.

Edited by NewJourneysFire, 31 March 2015 - 08:40 PM.

• TK8305 likes this

#3 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

Your just not that popular yet, just do it for fun. The views will come in time, if not I don't know I just started this shit and my channel got 124 views in just a few days.

Edit: I saw your LP of James Quest Remastered and thought you did a good job

Edited by GhostKnight22, 31 March 2015 - 08:49 PM.

• Jared and TK8305 like this

#4 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

Perhaps.  My Mugen Series is usually what I'm known for.  I broke over 100 views consistently on those vids all the time.  But I took a break from those a while ago.....guess that can also explain the viewership drop since some only watch me for Mugen.  

#5 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Usually when you take a break. You can expect viewers to drop.

Funny. When I get 10 views on my videos I feel it's a successful video. Lol

I need to quit while I'm ahead. I couldn't bare the thought of getting 5 views a video.
  • Sheik likes this

#6 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:00 PM

You've gotten more views than me by far, but you've probably been doing this longer.

Edit: Just be yourself man, I honestly don't give a crap if people think I'm charming or not, but appreciate it at the same time if they think I am

Edited by GhostKnight22, 31 March 2015 - 09:03 PM.

• TK8305 likes this

#7 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:17 PM

I will GhostKnight.  I'll continue aiming to entertain all of the fellow ZCers and Mugenites as best I can.  

#8 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

haha yeah where I'm from we keep it real, and that reflects in my LPs

#9 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

I really enjoy your energetic delivery TK! I only started watching your videos recently, but they are much more fun and interesting to watch than other channel's stuff. Maybe upload more mugen videos to attract that crowd, then once you have their attention, upload some popular zc quests like isle of rebirth. Since you'll have attracted back those viewers perhaps they'll watch your new stuff. playing a quest with a style other than classic certainly appears more interesting as well, and the video thumbnails you choose will be a factor in whether or not someone wants to watch your videos! Other than that, I think you're doing a great job. Good luck with future youtube endeavors!

• TK8305 likes this

#10 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

Lol, I'm in the same boat.  Usually getting almost no views on my stuff.  Thus why I only upload after I've recorded the whole thing.  Otherwise, I would likely scrap the LP halfway through, as I've already done with a good number of console LP's in the past.  Two LP's are stuck in this total hiatus at this time.  Honestly, my first LP, Pokemon HeartGold, has like 99% of my total views, and then there's very few views on every other LP after that.

Honestly, getting 100 views just doesn't happen on my LP's either.  Maybe 20 views if I'm really pushing lucky.  And console runs would do worse for me at under 5-10 views per video.

Not going to change my style of play, as it would feel too weird to do so.  Just have to do things the way you're comfortable with.

• TK8305 likes this

#11 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

I upload them after every few videos. YouTube eats up 30% of my CPU, OBS eats up 80%. Do the math lol. YouTube uses 30% regardless of how much I do but I delete my videos right after a sucessful upload. I guess Quad Core, 12 GB memory, and 3.4 GHz aren't enough. I'm afraid streaming will destroy my computer.

#12 Matthew

Matthew

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

You know, maybe try branching out a bit.

I made my first real video ever and I would say it's done well. It was a Runescape guide.

What I'm getting at it is try to attract the attention of a new crowd, that might help.

#13 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

I tried runescape a long ass time ago and it was horrible, maybe it changed over the years. Recording online games is too CPU intensive for me and game capture doesn't work with it I think it needs windows capture.

#14 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:50 PM

Just find a bug in a popular game, record it happening and then link the video on a popular Wiki or Wikia website. This will guarantee you many thousands of views! See my video for example (24k views!): https://www.youtube....?v=uP47Jro2oAM. It is by far my most successful video and it's only 45 seconds long.

After looking at my Youtube channel I'm surprised I managed to retain around 100 views for all of my Zelda: Parallel Worlds playthrough videos (I never succeeded at the game unfortunately), I don't even talk during any of them. I scored around 100 to 650 views for all 3 parts of my playthrough DarkFlameWolf's Origin quest, I never finished it either (Recording issues arose I believe). My Metroid Fusion playthough only consistently scored around 10 views per video.

Edited by franpa, 31 March 2015 - 09:54 PM.

• TK8305 and SyrianBallaS like this

#15 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

Parallel worlds is the bomb, it's really challenging though and has more of a open world feel

Edited by GhostKnight22, 31 March 2015 - 09:53 PM.

• Nicholas Steel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users