[Request] Bottom of the Well Tiles

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

Hey, I wanted to give you an update and let you know that I haven't given up on this. (I'm just really busy between family and school responsibilities; my free time is limited. Plus, creating custom ZC sprites from 3D characters without a template is quite time-consuming.)

When you take a close look at this guy on OoT (or just the screenshots), this guy is disgusting! I can't tell if those spots on him are his own sores or if they're from the blood of his prey! He's perfect for a horror dungeon!

Here's what I have so far:
IPB Image
Please note that this is how the Dead Hand looks when he is moving before he reaches Link. It looks weird because of the position of his head before he lowers it to bite Link. (I don't know how they came up with this guy!)

My intention was to have "waiting" sprites where he brings his head down/forward and "attacking" sprites where he bites and puts his head back up so he can move again. I was going to determine if I needed to increase the size from 1x2 to 2x2 tiles once those sprites were created; either way, it'll be easy to convert to 2x2 tiles using the Alt+arrow keys and putting a space between each sprite.

I'd just like to know the following before I proceed:

1. I wasn't sure if you would rather have sprites with his head down/forward for the walking sprites instead of worrying about programming the transition from head up/back.

2. I'd also like to know what tileset/pallettes you are using so I can make sure the sprites are compatible.

3. Thirdly, do you need the infinite hand sprites? They shouldn't be too hard to make, but I don't know if it's possible to program them to work in ZC the way they work in OoT. If you plan on programming these, let me know and I'll make them.

Edited by Lightwulf, 04 October 2011 - 03:46 AM.

#17 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

IPB Image

That's cool!

Edited by Cukeman, 04 October 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#18 Anthus

Anthus

Don't look at me, lady

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Have you considered maybe ripping some Castlevania tiles?

#19 DAmieba

DAmieba

Creator of Meatman's Adventure!

• Members

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

1. Honestly, Dead hand is mostly for show, and all it really does is move really slowly and do damage if you touch it.

2. The Link's Awakening tileset.

3. I do plan to use the infinite hands as its main attacking force and they were supposed to be 1 square tile that jitter around a lot and occasionally pop out an extra tile so you can't just jump around freely.

Thanks.

#20 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE(DAmieba @ Oct 4 2011, 06:04 PM) View Post

1. Honestly, Dead hand is mostly for show, and all it really does is move really slowly and do damage if you touch it.

2. The Link's Awakening tileset.

3. I do plan to use the infinite hands as its main attacking force and they were supposed to be 1 square tile that jitter around a lot and occasionally pop out an extra tile so you can't just jump around freely.

Thanks.

Sure. icon_smile.gif

1. Your response didn't directly answer my question, so I went ahead and made him with his head forward as he walks around. Also, his mouth chomps at the same time. (As soon as I'm finished with the infinite hands, I'll post a pic.)

2. I didn't find any tileset on PureZC by that title (assuming you got it from this website). Do you mean the CGBZ tileset? Or maybe the EZGBZ tileset?
I just need to know so that I can minimize importing problems caused by different pallettes.

3. I'm taking my initial design for the skeleton hands in the green muck and recoloring/modifying them into the infinite hands. Jitter, huh? I guess that means I should make them move slightly from side-to-side, like 1 pixel movement for each step of animation. Sound right?
Oh, and once I verify I have the right tileset, I was going to see what floor tiles you might be using so I can make hands coming out of the ground.

#21 DAmieba

DAmieba

• Members

Posted 08 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Oct 8 2011, 03:13 AM) View Post

Sure. icon_smile.gif

1. Your response didn't directly answer my question, so I went ahead and made him with his head forward as he walks around. Also, his mouth chomps at the same time. (As soon as I'm finished with the infinite hands, I'll post a pic.)

2. I didn't find any tileset on PureZC by that title (assuming you got it from this website). Do you mean the CGBZ tileset? Or maybe the EZGBZ tileset?
I just need to know so that I can minimize importing problems caused by different pallettes.

3. I'm taking my initial design for the skeleton hands in the green muck and recoloring/modifying them into the infinite hands. Jitter, huh? I guess that means I should make them move slightly from side-to-side, like 1 pixel movement for each step of animation. Sound right?
Oh, and once I verify I have the right tileset, I was going to see what floor tiles you might be using so I can make hands coming out of the ground.

1. That works.

2. I don't recall the name, I no longer have the original quest file, luckily I haven't changed the header. The title said something like "New 1st" and some other stuff, and the author was Warlock, hopefully that helps.

3. Thats good. The ground I am using is the Item room/Passageway tiles that came with the quest, you know, the sidescroller style room tiles.

Edited by DAmieba, 08 October 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#22 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE(DAmieba @ Oct 8 2011, 12:46 PM) View Post

2. I don't recall the name, I no longer have the original quest file, luckily I haven't changed the header. The title said something like "New 1st" and some other stuff, and the author was Warlock, hopefully that helps.

3. Thats good. The ground I am using is the Item room/Passageway tiles that came with the quest, you know, the sidescroller style room tiles.

Well, I've checked PureZC, and the closest thing I found was some loose tiles that Warlock made. No tilesets per se.

Unless it was that, (since you said it was a quest) is it the "210test" quest that came with version 2.10? That has gameboy graphics and it is by Warlock.
If so, that makes things a lot easier. I actually played and beat that quest not too long ago; of course I had to find out that the quest was editable first and fix a few things.

I'll go with that then, unless you're sure that wasn't it.

#23 DAmieba

DAmieba

• Members

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Oct 9 2011, 12:18 AM) View Post

Well, I've checked PureZC, and the closest thing I found was some loose tiles that Warlock made. No tilesets per se.

Unless it was that, (since you said it was a quest) is it the "210test" quest that came with version 2.10? That has gameboy graphics and it is by Warlock.
If so, that makes things a lot easier. I actually played and beat that quest not too long ago; of course I had to find out that the quest was editable first and fix a few things.

I'll go with that then, unless you're sure that wasn't it.

Thats not it, but If you just make the tiles I can fix any pallette issues they might have.

#24 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

And now, the moment you've been waiting for...
(Sorry it took so long. I had to learn to spend less time in PureZC and more time in ZQuest.)

...and here are the sprites:

IPB Image
Row 1: Dead Hand walking N, S, W, E (The last four tiles are extra; the second one was an alternate version of the head but I thought it was too big compared to the rest of the body.)
Row 2: Infinite Hands submerged, emerging, and regular for 3D floor (The extra sprites at the end are, once again, extra; the first is the original tile copy from the skeletal hands from the green bog; the second is what I tried to make the hands look like, but I decided it was too big for just 16x16 sprites.)
Row 3: Infinite Hands submerged, emerging, and regular for 2D side-scroller floor

I made the two different rows because I know you said you were trying to do a sidescroller. I included row 2 just in case you decided to make his room 3D.

1. Let me know what you think of these.

2. Do you need sprites of them reaching to the side to grab Link, too?

#25 DAmieba

DAmieba

• Members

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Lightwulf @ Oct 14 2011, 11:59 PM) View Post

1. Let me know what you think of these.

2. Do you need sprites of them reaching to the side to grab Link, too?

1. Awesome. I will be using these when I finish the level.

2. No thanks.

Edited by DAmieba, 15 October 2011 - 12:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users