Photo

Stereo Mix recording problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

I'm trying to record something off my computer using GoldWave, a super advanced form of Sound Recorder, using the Stereo Mix recording option, which has never failed me in the past. Now, however, I try to use it, and now it treats Stero Mix as if it were the microphone. It doesn't record anymore.

Anybody have an idea what the problem may be? And it has nothing to do with GoldWave, because I tried using the generic Sound Recorder, and it's the same problem.

Actually, I just tried the Microphone, and both have the same problem. Neither one records well, and just buzzes. So what's the problem?

#2 Toxic1210

Toxic1210

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:42 PM

i hope your not using vista because then i would have no cluie.im thinkin in the volume controls you probably got the wrong box muted or unselected or volume wrong or something.are you recording through the microphone? if not it should be muted or not selected.and make sure the wave out or stereo mix or whatever slider is selected or volume is correct, on both playback and recording.for my money though i would go get audacity.its a better program with a ton more options to what you can do with the sound besides recording right off the mic or pc.at any rate if theres no hardware failure problems or anything the problem is definitly in your volume controls. (start>all programs>accessories>entertainment>volume controls.)

Edited by Toxic1210, 13 August 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#3 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Okay, here's my master volume settings:

http://i159.photobuc...asterVolume.png

Here's my recording control settings:

http://i159.photobuc...dingControl.png

And I'm on Windows XP. No problems I can tell from this, which is what I've been trying to mess with. icon_unsettled.gif

#4 Toxic1210

Toxic1210

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:00 PM

try unselecting the stereo mix in the recording options.dont ask why i just know mine arent selectred at all.its worth a shot.also the volumes seem quite low make sure those are adjusted right, (im sure they are just had to mention it ) also is there any more recording controls? in the properties at the bottom itll have the list make sure theyre all checked and appear.

#5 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

Eeh, nothing's working. icon_shrug.gif

The only other options are Mono Mix, Aux/Line In 2, and Phone Line, and they won't help me. icon_unsettled.gif

#6 Toxic1210

Toxic1210

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

hmm.perhaps is an accidental change of something right within goldwave then i dunno.ive never used that program.like i said i need to be able to do more than record such as add effects or chop up lyrics or play em over music and fit em together and stuff so i use audacity. thats also what i use to record stuff off the net or my pc or my wii or other game systems. sorry i couldnt help ya better 95% of the time thats where the problem lies.

Edited by Toxic1210, 13 August 2007 - 01:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users