Block Puzzles Magic Key Secrets

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mani Kanina

Mani Kanina

Rabbits!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:53 AM

I got some great ideas for some complex block puzzles I want to set up for the final dungeon in my quest, however, I have run into a bit of a problem figuring out a good way to get everything working.

The block puzzles have some rather complex mechanics to them that require a switch in the rooms to be hit several time, each time changing an element in the room using secret flags, etc.
However, this creates a rather large problem, since you can no longer use floor switches for blocks to activate the secret of solving the puzzle. That's okay, though, in theory, since I want the puzzle solution to open the way to the next room, nothing more.

The shutter solution could be used... however, I find it limits me more: I want the player to only have to solve a puzzle once and never again, in order to take away from needless trouble should the player want to backtrack. Any solution involving keys is also out since the player already has the magic key at this point and the big key is already being used. So the problem arrives in figuring out a good way to do this without compromising player's backtracking abilities! Any ideas?

Block -> Hole, works, to some degree, however, I'm unsure how to set it up as permanent. Keep in mind that, even though it is an interior screen, the constant switch (and the triggering.) that is on the screen would prevent 'Hit All Triggers->Perm Secret' from ever activating. (Unless you know some clever way to it...)

#2 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:40 AM

I'm sure a script could fix your problem easily. Otherwise I don't see how it's possible to make it permanent since tiered secrets and permanent secrets don't normally get along.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Block Puzzles, Magic Key, Secrets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users