Valami

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#46 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:26 PM

I've found a Bug : Doh Bastani (Big Wallet Dungeon), if you jump from 500Rupee-Screen up with HoverSocks, you land on black screens .. leading to parts of Grinding-Dungeon (but you can't enter it)

And you can solve Doh Bastani without Hammer or Ice-Book ;-) but that may be a feature ;-)

Edited by Drachenritter, 27 March 2014 - 07:49 PM.

#47 judasrising

judasrising

I play guitar

• Members

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

I've found a Bug : Doh Bastani (Big Wallet Dungeon), if you jump from 500Rupee-Screen up with HoverScreen, you land on black screens .. leading to parts of Grinding-Dungeon (but you can't enter it)

And you can solve Doh Bastani without Hammer or Ice-Book ;-) but that may be a feature ;-)

Yes you are right about that i just tested that part myself and landed on black screens ,while betatesting this quest i never took that 500rupee.

#48 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Oh, thank you!

I go and fix it as soon as I can. I forgot to set the north cancel warp, or maybe the original plan was to have the wallet exactly up there.

I will see if I just set the cancel warp or make use of this for anything special.

EDIT:

OK, I fixed and reuploaded it. I eventually just closed off the edge with a cancel warp. It was so fantastic to open that file again. I totally should make another of this kind of quest once.

It's also funny how I hated that tileset in the beginning, vowing to never use it again, yet now DoR2.0 suddenly feels less comfortable... while theoretically it isn't.

Edited by CastChaos, 28 March 2014 - 02:12 AM.

#49 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

Another small bug : The Dot on the Map pointing to level 4 is one screen off

Next Bug : F6-Continue (or ControlMagic) outside of Level ?? (the Secret) leads to Black Screen

A Last minor one : if you pickup Superbombs , you can carry max 1/2 of normal Bombs - but if you get one from the bush-thingy, the game uses max 1/4-Rule ... sometimes you loose SBs this way ;-)

And : Should this Item not be guarded like the Swords ? You only need to know where it is and Superbombs :nerd:

fyqedn5c.png

Edited by Drachenritter, 29 March 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#50 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:00 PM

I fixed those now.

That "outside Level ??" thing is strange, that dmap has no continue point set, so it should use the last continue dmap's continue data... By all means, I did set a continue point on it now...

That bomb thing is sure what it seems? The init.data has 1/4 ratio set for superbombs and I don't see anything changing it. Nevertheless, it _should_ be 1/4 all the time...

That item...

While swords are to be fought for, rings are to solve puzzles for. The north is for power and magic, while the south is for knowledge and mobility.

#51 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:15 PM

Grindhalt and 1/2 magic? Where are they?

Edited by Stray Sheep, 30 March 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#52 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

Grindhalt and 1/2 magic? Where are they?

1/2 Magic : Search for a frozen Bush in Gellatine wich can be removed by a hookshot

Grinding/Grindhalt (same dungeon, you will see if going there): Beat the Game on a special ending (the south-based ending) to get a Clue, but one guy in Gellatine also points towards the Secret ... ;-)

And another Bug : The talking Flower is lying ... one Secret is in Level 13, not 12

--

Another Edit : What exactly is that blue gem doing ? It says "make you shiver if standing on something secretfull" if you get it.

Edited by Drachenritter, 02 April 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#53 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:02 AM

I just beat Lv13, but don't get the red ring item, yet. I would like to get it, where?

#54 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

red Ring , on top of the Building with the big ladder in gelatine near the start

>>

Spoiler

#55 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:39 PM

Drachenritter:

The blue jelly gem is the Stone of Agony item. Even with the highest settings, it makes you resonate only while standing exactly on the top of a combo that has a flag on it. In Valami, it doesn't do that even then, so it's only for completion. Its ingame looks and being was inspired by the jump jellies in Croc. Just as many other things are from Croc, since that was the leading inspiration. Without Croc, I wouldn't even have started this quest...

#56 Drachenritter

Drachenritter

Initiate

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:01 PM

Drachenritter:

The blue jelly gem is the Stone of Agony item. Even with the highest settings, it makes you resonate only while standing exactly on the top of a combo that has a flag on it. In Valami, it doesn't do that even then, so it's only for completion. Its ingame looks and being was inspired by the jump jellies in Croc. Just as many other things are from Croc, since that was the leading inspiration. Without Croc, I wouldn't even have started this quest...

I hope youre source of flow .. ähm inspirations never runs out - you are one of the best questmakers running around here :-)

#57 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:45 AM

I hope youre source of flow .. ähm inspirations never runs out - you are one of the best questmakers running around here :-)

And not even I am running around here much more. But even if it was so, the situation is much more dire than how it was when the ones being 1000 times better than me were still being around. Just imagine a Child's Quest or Search for Elise quality quest coming out each week... But where I count as one of the best, there is not much to see, especially if even I have very low activity anymore.

• judasrising likes this

#58 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:40 PM

I saw D-3 ending. Also, I would like to see D-1,2, what should I do? 

And I found mirror shield, but didn't get it, does it change anything?

#59 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 April 2014 - 01:11 AM

Your shield determines which D ending you get. That's why there are the NPCs speaking about the mirror shield next to where you get it and that's why the shield is references sometimes ingame.

If you get mirror shield -> D1 ending; if you stay at the magic shield -> D2 ending; if you manage to go through this whole everything with just small shield -> D3 ending.

#60 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:29 AM

After saw A-1,2 ending, I found a secret cave in Lv13, and step a triangle tile. But I can't find a secret item or thing, what do I miss?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users