NES Music NSF Chiptunes BigJoe 5th Quest Entry

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bigjoe

bigjoe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 02:21 PM

I have recently undertaken the task of organizing all of my NSF compositions into a list of download links. They are included in the following formats. I will include information about each track after the corresponding download links.

NSF - Can be opened with Winamp and various plugins available on zophar.net or foobar2000 and the foo_gep plugin. Can additionally be played in ZQuest and made to play in a ZC Quest.

MP3 - Can be opened with just about anything.

FTM - Can be opened with Famitracker.

Without further ado here are the tracks.

Darknut Dilemna

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: This is my first NSF composition ever. It plays in the Darknut themed levels in my 5th quest entry. I wanted to make something that would sound not too out of place in Zelda. It's drawback is that it can be a bit repetitive.

What Lurks In The Crypt

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: This is my second NSF composition. It plays in the Stalfos/Goriya themed levels in my 5th quest entry. With this one I wanted it to be kind of slow and dark, to match the enemies that you encounter in the set.

Approach to Ganon

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: This is a remix of Ganondorf's Theme from the various Zelda games. It plays in Level 9 of my 5th quest entry.

Wizardly Machinations

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: This plays in the non Level-9 Wizzrobe themed levels of my 5th quest entry. This is a special altered version that uses MMC5, allowing an extra pulse channel which I used to great effect.

Rising In The Dark

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: This one is named for the sort of dark atmosphere it conveys. I wanted to make something that wouldn't sound too out of place in a GB Zelda game.

Simply Can't Think

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: This one was named for the fact that I simply couldn't think of a name for it. Eerily, the name fits.

Blood Beneath The Floor

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: I kind of wanted this one to sound like it would be playing in a dungeon with blood instead of water. Hence the name.

Lost Fantasy

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: I started off wanting this one to be sort of like the lost Final Fantasy battle theme. Not sure what to say about it now, but I think I'm satisfied with it.

Lightbearer

NSF

MP3

FTM

Information: I have had the main part of this song stuck in my head for a long time. I finally decided to make it. Hope it came out good.

Other

NSF - The first seven tracks in one file.

Will update the thread as I compose more stuff.

Update: Added "Lost Fantasy"

Update #2: Added "Lightbearer"

Edited by BigJoe, 21 March 2014 - 08:28 PM.

• Shane likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NES Music, NSF, Chiptunes, BigJoe, 5th Quest Entry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users