Custom Arrows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:21 AM

I've been replaying OoT, and I thought this would be a great idea in ZC, and they seem simple, so I'm going to ask.

Fire Arrows - Consume small amounts of magic, trigger burn flags, lower the arrow counter by one and do double the damage of regular arrows.

Ice Arrows - Small amount off magic, use one arrow, temporarily stun enemies, and do half the damage of a regular arrow.

Light Arrows - Large amount of magic, one arrow, light dark rooms, act as silver arrows on Ganon, 4x as powerful as regular arrows.

All of these arrows are separate items, like in OoT.

#2 eNJuR

eNJuR

Junior

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:42 AM

it would possible, maybe even easy... let me take a shot at it

edit: the fire arrows seem a bit hard.. i could have the script created a fire to treat as the fire arrow, that way it could trigger burn flags, however this would cause screens to light up, is that okay?

Edited by dragonsword, 04 September 2010 - 08:53 AM.

#3 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Could you just fire a normal arrow and then change the graphic to look like fire arrow? Then when it hits something spawn a fire lweapon with speed 0 so it can trigger flags?

#4 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(dragonsword @ Sep 4 2010, 09:42 AM) View Post

edit: the fire arrows seem a bit hard.. i could have the script created a fire to treat as the fire arrow, that way it could trigger burn flags, however this would cause screens to light up, is that okay?

That's fine, I was gonna make them light up rooms originally, but decided to add that to light arrows too.

QUOTE(Gleeok @ Sep 4 2010, 05:50 PM) View Post

Could you just fire a normal arrow and then change the graphic to look like fire arrow?

One problem, these use magic, so I want to have normal arrows too, so you're not forced to use all of your magic.

#5 eNJuR

eNJuR

Junior

• Members

Posted 05 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

Could you just fire a normal arrow and then change the graphic to look like fire arrow? Then when it hits something spawn a fire lweapon with speed 0 so it can trigger flags?

I could, but first i'm trying to do it without using global scripts; setting everything up in just the item script. I'm almost done (translation: i'll probably find a million and a half bugs yet)

edit: Hmm, looks like i'm going to have to use a global script after all...

well, i've gotten this much:

it works, kinda, but not enough...
Here's a test quest
can anyone provide some help/comments?

Edited by dragonsword, 05 September 2010 - 01:36 PM.

#6 Chakaa

Chakaa

Hench 4 Life

• Members

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

Any more progress on these?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users