Photo

The Legend of Zelda: Final Hades Unbounds Demo 1

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Poll: rate my quest demo

after playing it put a rate

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

Hi for all. finally i finished my first demo of my quest icon_biggrin.gif and i create this poll for the ratings of all.
i need to know if my quest its good or bad, simple or customed.
the quest name is: The Legend of Zelda Final Hades Unbounds.

this demo have 2 dungeons. 5 sub divided overworlds and its can be playable only in ZC beta builder 18 or up better.

i dont have images of the quest icon_razz.gif

i use 2.10 test tileset for this quest but i modify some tiles

TLZ FHU

enjoy themselves! icon_cool.gif

#2 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 09:25 AM

sorry for all. i put a wrong url and archive icon_sweat.gif but now i will give the real url and some images of my quest
the title of the quest
http://www.ziddu.com...qhkZSnX6qgl52m2">TLZ final hades unbounds

the start point
IPB Image

the subscreen
IPB Image

the swamp

the first dungeon

the magma mountain
IPB Image

#3 Bowser Blanchette

Bowser Blanchette

Tatsumi is ready to roll!

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:10 AM

Any screenshots would be nice please.

#4 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 05:29 PM

Good demo! I must say though, there are multiple graphical bugs. But forget those, and the demo is good. icon_smile.gif

#5 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:31 PM

well, you or anyone can say me the bugs and errors of my demo quest? i need to fix it to much.

the demo´s over in the entrance of the gerudo fortress, i only need 2 weeks for finish the 3rd temple.

and please, vote the rating of the demo, i dont put it in a poll for nothing icon_unsettled.gif

#6 Fabmatu

Fabmatu

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:00 PM

Good demo of TLZ FHU icon_smile.gif , good link, good overworlds, good items and weapons, and very good temples... and the temple of Magma Ruins are very hard icon_confused.gif well is a good demo and a good name... so... well all is good

Edited by Fabmatu, 20 February 2008 - 11:00 AM.

#7 Fabmatu

Fabmatu

• Members

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:51 PM

In 1 month or 2 i send my first quest named The Legend Of Zelda Ragnarok's Legends icon_naughty.gif its nice really icon_wink.gif

Edited by Fabmatu, 20 February 2008 - 11:00 AM.

#8 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:36 AM

Fabmatu, please do not double post like that. If you need to add something, please use the edit button.

SM anime f: Your quest looks descent. However, there are many grammatical errors. If English is not your first language, try brushing up on some of it to make your strings more intelligible.
The first dungeon has an interesting design, but those doors clash with your surrounding walls. I might suggest you create some doors that would better fit into the surrounding design rather than go with the default ones.
The sounds, music and tiles are very nice. But due to a bug with bombs and true arrows I cannot ciontinue past Ghoma in the first dungeon.

Overall a good start.

#9 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:15 AM

a sorry, i thinks my quest its some dificult like the first boss, but u can beat it if u use a potion a u hit him with the arrows when he es in distance, and if he is close hit him with the sword.

if he its hard look the next dungeon icon_eek.gif

and you can tell me the bugs?
i want to correct them.

#10 Fabmatu

Fabmatu

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:17 AM

The first dungeon its very easy icon_naughty.gif and the second its very hard icon_evil.gif

#11 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(SM anime f @ Feb 8 2008, 09:15 AM) View Post

a sorry, i thinks my quest its some dificult like the first boss, but u can beat it if u use a potion a u hit him with the arrows when he es in distance, and if he is close hit him with the sword.

if he its hard look the next dungeon icon_eek.gif

and you can tell me the bugs?
i want to correct them.

Tried this demo in 2 versions of ZC: b660 and b731 with same results. If there is an EXACT version to use, please mention it. (I believe you said v18 and newer)

Bugs?
When you pick up the boomerang and the bow, they go into equipment instead of ITEMS. This makes it where the player can't select them. As also mentioned, the bombs and arrows aren't registering, so I am not sure if that is a software bug, or maybe a setup issue that needs to be looked into. You have to select the sword in the ITEMS menu in order to use it, it should automatically pop up in equipment. The shield pops up into the ITEMS as well.

Design:
Other than the "random colorness" that seems to pop up, most of it looks alright. One thing that is a bit too much is the little wind swirlies. They should be more of a light decoration I think. 8-10 per almost every screen seems a bit much too me. As also mentioned, the dungeon doors do seem way off from what design you have though.

My final verdict:
Needs a bit more work to be thoroughly playable AND enjoyable. You've got some nice looking ideas there, it's just some things take some time to get working all of the way. You don't even want to know how many times someone testing my quest I just finished said "I can't go back from room B back to A from the passageway". Or simple things like forgetting undercombos.

Also if this is your first quest, you might try working with some earlier versions of ZC that aren't as buggy. 2.10 has the MIDI bug, but if you recommend they play it in 2.10.2 then it fixes it most of the time. Trying to dive head first into zillions of options of betas can be quite overwhelming.

Well there it is, my 2 cents.

#12 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 05:43 PM

lets see: the boomerang and the bow isnt in the equipment box. i dont know if my demo only works good in the b18 but better i search one more advanced.

what is the final ZC beta released?

#13 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:29 PM

Currently the alphas are up to 731 for windows.

Find them all at http://shardstorm.dreamhosters.com

#14 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 February 2008 - 01:08 PM

ok im making my quest with the 679 windows.

for all who want to play my demo must use teh zc 679 windows.

Edited by SM anime f, 11 February 2008 - 01:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users