• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#46 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:33 AM

Woah, I am so late! It's officially released! Awesome!

Thanks so much for your hard work, guys. It's finally here. Your hard work has payed off. <3 icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Jared, 22 December 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#47 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:40 AM

I don't post much in the ZC half of the forums, but this is just too awesome. I never thought I'd be around for this.

Here's to you, ZC devs. icon_clap.gif

#48 Purplemandown

Purplemandown

The Old Guard

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:45 AM

Perfect timing, one day before my winter break starts, and I get this! Couldn't be better.

Thanks devs, I know how painful trying to fix old, unstable code can be.

#49 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

Yay, thanks Devs for all your hard work! I hope you'll all be getting a break now, at least until the new year.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I'll check it out soon. I hear there are some more counters available, so I'll definitely need to think up some ways to use them as I burned through the original ones so fast.

#50 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 21 2012, 06:18 PM) View Post

No, that was definitely updated... You sure you're using the right one?
I hope there isn't a mirror still serving RC5 or something...

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

It says that for me too.

#51 Saffith

Saffith

IPv7 user

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:48 AM

I don't know what to say. Is this on Windows? I've tried the downloads myself, and they're right for me on both hosts. I don't know what might be going wrong.
Just to make sure, you got it from zeldaclassic.com, not Shardstorm or AGN, right?
You could try downloading it again, I guess. I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

#52 Thomas G. House

Thomas G. House

Senior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(Saffith @ Dec 22 2012, 07:48 AM) View Post

I don't know what to say. Is this on Windows? I've tried the downloads myself, and they're right for me on both hosts. I don't know what might be going wrong.
Just to make sure, you got it from zeldaclassic.com, not Shardstorm or AGN, right?
You could try downloading it again, I guess. I don't have any other ideas at the moment.

It is on Windows, I got it from zeldaclassic.com, and I downladed it again. It didn't work. : /

#53 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 22 2012, 02:57 AM) View Post
This is like... the official finished Zelda Classic 2.50 right? icon_freak.gif

Can't believe this day actually came. After 6-7 years of waiting we finally have something stable again? Really have to try this out and I will literally eat my hat and pants if it indeed does work. This man will continue doubting until he sees the product in action and working properly. icon_biggrin.gif

By the way, is the ZC community still going strong? I'm just wondering will there be people playing my quests if I do some more? Oh man I haven't touched ZC for years but now would be a perfect time to get back into things...
I'm up to the challenge for any quests you and DFW can come up with along with everyone else.

#54 Eppy

Eppy

Alisa~

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

Let's See...

ZC 2.50 is released
I get my 2 year degree
Redpower 2 is finally released
The world did not end

All in a span of 24 hours. Pinch me I'm dreaming...

#55 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

I'm at a restaurant, reading this from a phone. When I saw this topic, I went "Yes!", and everybody turned around and stared at me. It was awkward. But totally worth it.

Thank you devs. Thank you so much for releasing this, and for all your hard work. I can't thank you enough. Now I just need to get my laptop to a wifi spot to download this...

#56 Frocks7Snee

Frocks7Snee

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

I got Zquest and Zelda classic to work perfectly on windows 7. :3 I downloaded it from zeldaclassic.com. It must've taken alot of hard work fixing up that messy jumbled up code. Thanks and hooray for 2.5! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by c00ln3rd, 22 December 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#57 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

At last, a stable version of 2.5 has been released. CastChaos has been wanting a stable version for quite some time, so he should be happy to see this. Hopefully, the creators of all of the 2.5 quests will update them to this version.

#58 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE(Nolornbon @ Dec 22 2012, 10:43 PM) View Post

CastChaos has been wanting a stable version for quite some time

And so have the rest of us ya'know. icon_razz.gif

#59 King Harkinian

King Harkinian

This site is still a thing?

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

Is the about text supposed to be updated? I downloaded 2.50 from the link at the beginning of the thread, and the about text in Zquest still says ZQuest v2.50 Build 24.

#60 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

icon_biggrin.gif

How long ago was it that 2.10 came out now? seven, eight years to this day? gosh. I remember the announcement. It happened around christmas as well.

This is joyous news to be sure, but it also means I don't have any excuses any more icon_razz.gif. I refuse however to call Zero Quest DX dead. It's just refrigerated in case I feel like working on it. icon_razz.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users