My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

• Please log in to reply
3580 replies to this topic

#3556 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, that was a really weird episode. :odd: Takes ya for a ride, it does. There were plenty of times when I thought that shadow was that antagonist from the first episode. Could've been, right?

#3557 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 18 April 2015 - 02:40 PM

That's what I was thinking, too... Though the reveal definitely made more sense. :P

The best scene was with the derpy dolphin and how her family was treating her for it, though.  That part was so goddamn weird but so goddamn good too.

#3558 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

I like that it's come full circle, though. Now that all the CMC have had their Luna episode, it seems like things can start to progress now. I've always been fond of the idea that the characters should reach their goals sooner or later. The show would stagnate if they didn't allow change to happen at appropriate times. It's why I was never upset about Twilight getting promoted, or about the library getting upgraded. I will miss the way the show used to be. But I also like how it is now. Remembering the past gives meaning to the present. If the present is just the same as the past, then nothing has been accomplished. Nothing has been gained. These characters were written to be meaningful, to be cared about, and who could watch 95 episodes (and counting) of this show and not want the best for all these characters?

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3559 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, I've been worried they wouldn't get their cutie marks because of the cliche status quo that series like this tend to go for. (i.e. if in a sitcom someone wins $1,000,000, they're not gonna have any of it left by the end and everything will go back to the way it was)  But with Twilight actually becoming a princess and the library being destroyed, perhaps more things can actually change as well.

#3560 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:09 PM

I feel kinda weird about this latest episode, but in a good way. Gotta put it in spoilers of course.

Spoiler

#3561 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

I am so into this latest episode, which considering my name on these forums is probably the very least surprising thing.

That aside, something I always feel is underplayed when people talk up the show is the uniqueness of its world, and this episode plays to that strength; in a world where the weather only changes due to the active intervention of its inhabitants, it makes sense that occasionally someone would try to mess with that for their own ends. I love that uniqueness of this episode's premise.

Also as someone who's owned a lot of pets and has had to say goodbye to them for various reasons, the theme of the episode really resonates with me. On its surface it's about saying goodbye for a few months, but of course, it purposefully evokes a different kind of goodbye to a beloved pet. The final scene was very touching.

#3562 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:58 PM

Dr. Wolf had a lot to say about the episode on his channel. It may not be just about pets...

#3563 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:48 PM

I didn't notice this until the most recent episode, but - I don't like how Dash's dialogue is written. Like, at all for the course of the series, though this issue has gotten worse with each passing season. Her sentences have too many unnecessary words, and for me at least, it makes any conversation involving her very difficult to listen to. Ordinarily, I find character quirks endearing, but the way it's written makes me think the writers don't realize they're doing it, and that gets under my skin just a little bit.

Aside from that detail, this was still a very good episode that certainly hits home. 

EDIT: And the Abbot and Costello bit should not go unnoticed.

Edited by Fabbrizio, 28 April 2015 - 11:55 PM.

#3564 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

Spoiler

#3565 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

Man, I thought that episode was going to be kinda boring. I am so happy that I could not have been more wrong. I don't think I've laughed that hard at an episode ever. I would have loved to have seen Celestia dance with Discord at the end.

5/5, etc.

#3566 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:08 PM

Guys.

Fluttershy.

Treehugger.

Treehugger.

Guys.

It's happening.

Spoiler

Edited by Fabbrizio, 16 May 2015 - 02:35 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3567 DashSim

DashSim

ancient being

• Members

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:35 AM

Oh geez this episode was fantastic. Probably the most densely humor packed episode since Too Many Pinkie Pies, I think? Also I like Fluttershy's new girlfriend, they're a super cute couple. Discord/Smooze are the OTP though. Nothing stops the Discord/Smooze.

Spoiler

Also Scootaloo was Rainbow Dash's date for the Gala, and considering my girlfriend's online nick is Scootaloo and my nick comes from RD, we had a ton of fun with that.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3568 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:14 AM

Another definitive epic of the Brony community. Lullaby for a Princess.

DragonBallZ style fight three minutes in. You may tear up a minute and a half after that.

Blown away. Just blown away.

#3569 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:05 PM

For some reason I thought it was made by DuoCartoonist. It seemed like the same aesthetic style as Children of the Night when I saw the previews. Either way, I'll have to watch it when I get a chance.

Also, all aboard the hype train for episode 100. It's the one episode where no one can fault them for shameless pandering. Everyone has earned this for keeping the show alive to become Hasbro's longest running series.

#3570 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 13 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

HOLY SHIT that episode warrants the usage of the word literally when I am about to describe it as being the best episode in the existence of the show.

Perhaps I'm just coming down from the high of the excitement, but I am ridiculously happy that I watched this episode. I don't even know where to begin. Everything was just so perfect.

I think I need a moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users