http://www.equestria...te-edition.html

That is all.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3542 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:09 PM

Oh yeah, I got that.  It's pretty fun.  I suck at it in its entirety!   Still an interesting romp, however.

So we've got about a month until Season 5.  I'm pretty happy that I have something to do on Saturdays now. 

#3543 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:11 PM

I'm really excited, it goes without saying

Spoiler

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3544 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:07 PM

This is true.   I mean, it's a library.  One does not simply lose a center of knowledge without some regret.  I really wish she hadn't warped back "home" when there was a fireball on its way to her, either before or after it was set into motion.  That was a completely stupid move on her part. 

#3545 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:29 PM

This is true.   I mean, it's a library.  One does not simply lose a center of knowledge without some regret.  I really wish she hadn't warped back "home" when there was a fireball on its way to her, either before or after it was set into motion.  That was a completely stupid move on her part. 

But it also makes sense. It was unambiguously the most intense fight Twilight had ever been a part of. Anyone would be prone to poor choices in that situation.

#3546 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:12 PM

Anyone watch the first two episodes today? What were your thoughts?

Honestly, I loved it. There wasn't one moment that I felt could have been done a lot better, or was lacking in any significant way.

I laughed, I cried, and I had a wonderful time of it. I felt that a lot of it was, as usual, heavily symbolic of what ought to be expected of us as both individuals within a collective of individuals.

I remember that big " = " that was being passed around on Facebook a year or so ago, how everyone is equal, and this reminded me of just how broad that term actually is, equality... Look at what sort of extreme it had been taken to? In fact, what is the opposite of that sort of equality? Surely it could exist as an extreme in and of itself, with the events of the show being an extreme on its own.

So what's left over? What's in the middle there? Every pony having their own uniqueness and independence, but knowing (Despite racism always being an option, what with there actually being three "races") that there are differences, they still have a wonderful and pronounced effect on one another, and thrive, in doing so.

I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the season!

#3547 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:04 PM

You can't have a nightmare if you never dream.

This episode got so many things right on so many levels. I was expecting a Marxism metaphor, and ended up with a statement on the public school system's "everyone's a winner" attitude and how it breeds complacency and kills endeavor.

Also, can I just say, Pinkie Pie stole the show.

ALSO ALSO HOLY CRAP

I don't know if this is new to this season, but in Fluttershy's segment of the intro, Discord is in the window.

Edited by Fabbrizio, 04 April 2015 - 05:19 PM.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3548 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

I've now watched 3 episodes of this cartoon and all I have to say is... eh. It's just as entertaining as Adventure Time and The Regular Show. I don't understand the whole MLP fandom stuff at all after finally seeing an episode of the show.

#3549 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Lots of people like it for different reasons.

Also, can I just say, Pinkie Pie stole the show.

ALSO ALSO HOLY CRAP

I don't know if this is new to this season, but in Fluttershy's segment of the intro, Discord is in the window.

You know, I did notice that Pinkie had a lot more substance to her, and I was really happy about it. It took a heck of a comparison to really see it, but it's very tangible in the opener there.

And also yes, I was hoping they would change out the intro just a little bit as necessary.

#3550 Erdrick

Erdrick

Redeemed

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:29 AM

I really need to get caught up with Seasons 3 and 4. But first, I want to watch the first two seasons again. I hope everyone who watched today enjoyed the premiere.

#3551 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:13 AM

I really need to get caught up with Seasons 3 and 4. But first, I want to watch the first two seasons again. I hope everyone who watched today enjoyed the premiere.

Season 3 is sub-par, but Season 4 is worth that slog, and honestly, season 5 is turning out to be no slouch.

#3552 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:45 PM

So. Episode 3.

Spoiler

• ShadowTiger likes this

#3553 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:05 PM

Also, Bulk Biceps. I don't think this note requires any additional comment.

On a slightly different note, I think this is the first time they've explicitly referred to it as the Golden Oak Library in the show. The original trading cards used the name, and I think the comics might have said it at one point, but I don't think they've ever mentioned it in the show before.

In the end, I got the impression that the team put a lot of love and care, and attention to detail, into this episode. I got pretty teary by the end.

Ditto on all points here. I'm also kind of surprised I've never heard it specifically titled the Golden Oak Library. It was always just "The Library." Or Ponyville Library. Eh.

#3554 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

I just watched the Bronies React of the season 5 trailer, and I now feel completely stupid for not noticing that the season premiere was Harrison Bergeron to the letter.

#3555 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:41 PM

This episode fucked with me so much.

I don't take kindly to being fucked with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users