• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 04 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 5 2010, 05:38 AM) View Post

What are you talking about? This content has nothing to do with making maps...

I think Evile was replying to Joe's post. He's saying if you did a 'Map Rebirth' kind of contest, people wouldn't enter because they'd rather spend that time making a map for their own quest.

#17 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:43 AM

Yeah, I was referring to Joe's post, I guess I should have quoted him..

#18 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:12 AM

In my opionion, "Map Rebirth" is doomed to fail. The only way to get at least a few submissions would be taking for instance LoZ's Level1 (Eagle Dungeon if I'm not mistaken) or something along these lines. But something else (not Z1)? I wouldn't be bored enough to spend my time recreating it...

#19 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(Sheik @ May 5 2010, 08:12 AM) View Post
In my opionion, "Map Rebirth" is doomed to fail. The only way to get at least a few submissions would be taking for instance LoZ's Level1 (Eagle Dungeon if I'm not mistaken) or something along these lines. But something else (not Z1)? I wouldn't be bored enough to spend my time recreating it...
That's exactly why I'm not doing it. I'm putting it in my box of ideas however, cause anything can be altered to fit ones needs, so maybe we'll be able to come up with something new, based on the idea? We'll see, but either way, that's not a discussion for now... we can discuss it when the time comes icon_razz.gif

#20 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Just letting people know that we still only have one map for Special MotM #1... it shouldn't be too hard to pick a map you really really like, should it? icon_razz.gif It's not like you have to do any actual work. XD

#21 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ May 5 2010, 01:21 AM) View Post

That's exactly why I'm not doing it. I'm putting it in my box of ideas however, cause anything can be altered to fit ones needs, so maybe we'll be able to come up with something new, based on the idea? We'll see, but either way, that's not a discussion for now... we can discuss it when the time comes icon_razz.gif

Not exactly a recent comment, but I'd like to add my two cents.

Like people have said, there are two main problems with map rebirth: All the entries would be too similar, and there wouldn't be enough motivation. So why not have it once a year (so it's not too frequent), and do something like a map of a real place, or an image taken from an airplane, or something like that leaves plenty of different way to interpret it?

#22 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 11 2010, 09:19 PM) View Post

Not exactly a recent comment, but I'd like to add my two cents.

Like people have said, there are two main problems with map rebirth: All the entries would be too similar, and there wouldn't be enough motivation. So why not have it once a year (so it's not too frequent), and do something like a map of a real place, or an image taken from an airplane, or something like that leaves plenty of different way to interpret it?
I'm not too keen on having contents that require people to make maps they're never going to end up using anyways. No one would bother.

#23 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 11 May 2010 - 05:42 PM

Map Rebirth could work if it was limited to only a certain amount of screens. (Like, 5x5 or something.)

#24 Moo2wo

Moo2wo

Yes, you're seeing this.

• Members

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

Sorry to bother you, but when's this going to be posted? Is this going up along with MotM 21, or is it getting a month to itself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users