Photo

Whats your favorite zelda game?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Whats your favorite zelda game?

???

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SpykStorm

SpykStorm

Kamek!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:01 PM

Whats your favorite zelda game?

#2 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

I can guarantee you that you're not the first to ask this question, but with that said, each time I'm asked it I can't come to an answer any easier.

Hm... I know I've answered differently than before, but I'll have to go with A Link to the Past. It really set the norm for every Zelda game after it, but only because it was so fantastic. Ocarina of Time was a splendid game as well as Twilight Princess, followed by the Game Boy Zeldas and Wind Waker. Sorry Minish Cap, Adventure of Link and Legend of Zelda... while you're excellent by normal standards, in Zelda standards you just won't do. icon_thumbsdown.gif

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

I gots ta' say Ocarina of Time, closely followed by Majora's Mask and Oracle of Seasons. Then kinda' closely followed by Four Swords Adventures, Oracle of Ages, Link's Awakening, and I guess everything else in some non-constant order.

#4 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

I can never tell, but LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, and OoS are my favorites. I just can't pick one to be my absolute favorite (that list wasn't in any pending order)

#5 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:14 AM

Isn't this like the 5th or 6th time this type of topic has been posted? icon_razz.gif

Every time, and forever shall I say, ALttP.

#6 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:10 AM

My favorite always happens to be what I'm most in the mood to play, and right now that game is Twilight Princess because I just got the Wii version a few days ago. It's almost as exciting as the first time. Like Nicklegends, the favorite can change at any time.

#7 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:11 AM

-_-....
Another one!?!?!?
Well fine.
I'll participate in this one.
My favorite would be ALTTP
cause.... I dunno.

#8 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:14 AM

Isn't this like the 5th or 6th time this type of topic has been posted?

Noooo. It's gotta' be a lot more than that. icon_dead.gif

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:18 AM

3 votes on OoT? People, we gotta start outnumbering that one to make it look insignificant. I voted AoL to be a rebel.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 06 July 2007 - 01:19 AM.

#10 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:23 AM

Well, if I were voting on which game has the greatest scenes, I would most likely pick Twilight Princess.

But I decided to vote according only to gameplay. That makes LttP my pick.

#11 SpykStorm

SpykStorm

Kamek!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:33 AM

My favorite is OoT then TP them ATTLP and then MM.
Isn't this like the 5th or 6th time this type of topic has been posted?

Please tell me that the last one was before TP was released.

#12 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(spyk12345 @ Jul 6 2007, 01:33 AM) View Post

Please tell me that the last one was before TP was released.

Not like that makes much of a difference. You could've waited until Mugen no Sunadokei was released, as well.

Edited by Moonwhisper, 06 July 2007 - 01:40 AM.

#13 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:06 AM

Twilight Princess. Stayed up three days straight to play it, I didn't want to miss a minute of game time, and it was awesome playing the game. The final battle against The Big G himself was definantly one of the greatest battles I've ever fought in video game history. And I thought Wind Waker's final battle against Ganondorf was the greatest (since you're actually sword combating Ganondorf...but in TP, it was one on one, purity fight...and for some reason, it felt to me to be the best of final battle scenes ever in my book).

#14 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:48 AM

My vote goes to aLttP!

Legend of Zelda:
Nice free exploration feeling, unique dungeons, loads of secrets. I can't find any problem here.

Adventure of Link:
Lonely danger feeling, good battle/magic system, interesting dungeons; but sometimes too hard.

A Link to the Past:
The first Zelda game I ever played and heard about. It has a rich mystical, monumental exploration feeling. You find something new at each playthrough. The overwolrd layout is exciting, the caves are nice to explore and the dungeons are extreme unique and different from each other. It has parts that drive you crazy for the first time (like the torch puzzle of Turtle Rock and the dark fiery platform maze again in Turtle Rock), there are some that excites you even after years (like the unbombable crack at a Dark Death Mountain cave or the island at Zora's Waterfall).

Link's Awakening:
Never played it.

Ocarina of Time:
The gameplay is cloggy, you never get exact directions on where to go and the dungeons were annoying, as well as some bosses (like the amoeba). There were some good bosses, like King Dodongo and Twinrowa. There were a lot of minigames in it.

Majora's Mask:
I will never get over with the fact that it was made with the same engine as OoT, causing frustration and "nothing is new" feeling... The same NPC looks, same deku nut, same deku stick... How is it that the Deku tree is in Hyrule, but Termina has deku nuts and deku sticks anyway? This "three day, three day, three day..." feeling makes me "I need to hurry! Just three days! I can't enjoy the game! I need to hurry!". Horrible save system. The mask collecting was good, though. Also, the Happy Mask Salesman is very funny.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages:
I played Seasons for a time, but I didn't like the graphics. This GB graphics look much better in ZC.

Wind Waker:
Never played it. According to screenshots, it has weird funny graphics.

Minish Cap:
It has a very nice Zelda feeling, the size change is really unique. There are only 5 dungeons altogether, but there are a lot of things to do between dungeons. There are a lot of secrets and the Kinstone Fusion is exciting as well. Also, I liked the graphics of it. Plus... speaking hat... funny!

Twilight Princess:
Never played it. My VG magazine claimed that it's not only the best Zelda game, but also the best game EVER! You should have read that uplifting 4-page article...

Also, this is at least the 15th 'which is the best Zelda' thread, but maybe 20th.

See you in next Featured Zelda Game of the Month, next time I will make the poll. As soon as PH comes out...

#15 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

I have to agree with CastChaos about the three day cycle. That ruined Majora's Mask. Quite a bit.

My favourites would be Oracle of Seasons and Minish Cap, because Seasons was the first Zelda game I played, and Minish Cap because it is kind of good to play. Mind you, I did play Minish Cap on the Visual Boy Advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users