#17 4matsy

4matsy

SHE WILL WAKE ONLY WITH THE POWER OF NO. 3 CHEESEFORCE

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE(billy ronald @ Jun 15 2007, 06:32 PM) View Post

No here is the worse way to be killed in A vedio game if you are a boy

Being hit by the pick ghost in pac-man

Or worse: getting four-way sandwiched, by one ghost from every direction.

That has happened to me before...quite embarrassing. icon_sweat.gif

#18 Zenith

Zenith

Old Guard

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

Yet another SSBM one...you pick up a hammer, and watch in horror as the mallethead falls off. Your opponent chucks it as you. You fly helplessly off screen.

#19 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:21 AM

Grandia III: Being Killed by Yuki's Mom

All Mario Games: Being Crushed by Mario

#20 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:30 AM

Dying when you run out of time (counters and such). icon_sigh.gif

#21 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

running into a gomba in mario
or
your own wepon backfiring

#22 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:10 PM

(This is in Gears of War)

This works best in multiplayer. First, deal enough damage so that the other person is prone (lying on the ground). Then, as they are getting up, shoot them in the head with a sniper. Rinse and repeat until they are dead.

If it doesn't sound evil, I assure you it is.

Of course, another bad way to die is falling into one of those bottomless pits you find lying around everywhere in platformers...

#23 Tatsudoshi

Tatsudoshi

Senior

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

Halo 2- This situation isn't that common, but I somehow managed to do. I'm playing multiplayer with one of my friends. We're duking it out in close quarters with both of our shields down and certain that one more shot will kill either of us. In the fray, I throw a plasma grenade. It misses and hits the wall above my friend. Instinctively, in order to avoid his gunfire, I jump over him. That plasma grenade I threw a millisecond before hadn't fell yet. When I landed, I found myself with my own grenade stuck to the top of my head. I shortly blew up.

The worst part of this, was that when I blew up from my own grenade, it gave my friend a point. That point won him the match.

Almost any platformer-
Sometimes when I try to make difficult jumps and miss, it'll be natural for me to press the jump button again as if it'll save me from my death. However, there are times where I think I'll miss the jump, actually manage to land, but hit the jump button again. Which causes me to then jump into the pit I was trying to avoid. This situation is even more embarassing when you keep making safe landings, but panic and eventually end up in the pit after 2 or 3 jumps.

#24 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(Tatsudoshi @ Jun 16 2007, 09:32 PM) View Post

Halo 2- This situation isn't that common, but I somehow managed to do. I'm playing multiplayer with one of my friends. We're duking it out in close quarters with both of our shields down and certain that one more shot will kill either of us. In the fray, I throw a plasma grenade. It misses and hits the wall above my friend. Instinctively, in order to avoid his gunfire, I jump over him. That plasma grenade I threw a millisecond before hadn't fell yet. When I landed, I found myself with my own grenade stuck to the top of my head. I shortly blew up.

The worst part of this, was that when I blew up from my own grenade, it gave my friend a point. That point won him the match.
Oh, that's just ... amazing. XD *Applauds* That's definitely one for the books. I find that I have a lot of work to do with my grenading, myself. I'm one of those people who ... well, ... consider the following expression, and the potential results from said expression: "I wonder if we could cause additional damage by beaning the guy in the head with the fragmentation grenade?"

... lol grenades bounce. @ @.

Almost any platformer- Sometimes when I try to make difficult jumps and miss, it'll be natural for me to press the jump button again as if it'll save me from my death. However, there are times where I think I'll miss the jump, actually manage to land, but hit the jump button again. Which causes me to then jump into the pit I was trying to avoid. This situation is even more embarassing when you keep making safe landings, but panic and eventually end up in the pit after 2 or 3 jumps.
Ugh, I do that ALL the time. > <, XD I love platformers, yes, but we all know that they can be a bit of a hassle periodically. In Aria Of Sorrow, if you make a good, long jump, Soma will actually crouch to touch the floor to reassure himself of his landing. You will be unable to jump again for a moment when you do this. It's nice for examples like this, but not so nice when you're just doing the usual Castlevania (Or Metroid.) terrain jumping. Something to consider, I guess. icon_unsettled.gif

#25 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:45 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SA4fJwvnrcM

Enough Said,

#26 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE(Reflectionist @ Jun 16 2007, 10:45 PM) View Post

OMG!!! The worst part was, the guy looked straight at the ghost before it hit him! That, my friend (or mutual acuaintance) is hilarious.

Oh, another one for the list. In Call of Duty: United Offensive, there is a fairly popular mod called Merciless. In the mod, you can get severely wounded, where the screen turns red (a la Gears of War) and you cannot use guns or grenades. Slowly, you bleed ot until you die. It's horrific, especially when your team medics run right by you without even a glance. icon_razz.gif

#27 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:12 PM

1. Pilotwings 64 (I know there're no deaths in that game, but still.) - Cannonball into a flame on top of what looks like a fuel stack and then into the ground or something.

2. Metroid Prime 2 - Heading back to a Save Station to refill health only to fall into a pit, and you lost all the 10 HP you had left.

3. Skies of Arcadia - Being on the wrong side of a Gigas's attack one too many times (especially against Grendel, the green Gigas who throws boulders at you).

#28 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:18 PM

Kitten cannon. If I was the kitten, that would be very bad. icon_razz.gif

#29 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

Anything in Silent Hill. :O

#30 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 12:53 AM

Final Fantasy X: Getting the satisfaction of killing a King Behemoth with a ridiculously weak team, and then gazing blankly at the screen when his last breath meteor kills your entire party. The first time I fought one of those, I nearly cried.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users