• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:46 PM

"Someone has set us up the bomb" should deserve to be a song. - Gametrailers

And there's a quest that uses quotes from Zero Wing. It's on YouTube.

#17 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:59 PM

Spantac used to have a game on her mobile that said, when you died: "YOU HAVE BEEN HIT DEADLY". Engrish still exists.

Also, I don't think I am Error is bad English. His name's Error. It's just an odd name. Another guy says "Ask Error about...".

#18 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(jimbob @ Jun 11 2007, 05:59 PM) View Post

Spantac used to have a game on her mobile that said, when you died: "YOU HAVE BEEN HIT DEADLY". Engrish still exists.

Also, I don't think I am Error is bad English. His name's Error. It's just an odd name. Another guy says "Ask Error about...".
Actually, I think Error's name was a joke put in by the programmers; there's another character in the game named "Bagu," translated from the Japanese word for "bug" (source: Wikipedia).

#19 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hey, I just remembered something: the second Phoenix Wright game has an All Your Base reference in it! At one point Maya insists that you do something "for great justice." icon_razz.gif

I didn't mind it because it was subtle. icon_smile.gif

#20 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, subtle references are okay, but ever since FOX did that news report on it, it got mainstream and no longer tech-humor. Curse you, media!!!

#21 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jun 11 2007, 09:22 PM) View Post

Yeah, subtle references are okay, but ever since FOX did that news report on it, it got mainstream and no longer tech-humor. Curse you, media!!!

A joke can get run into the ground even without becoming mainstream, though...

Cable TV news shows are horribly unprofessional at covering internet news. Whenever I see them try, it reminds me of the time national news covered my local area and botched all the information about the city.

#22 Snarwin

Snarwin

Still Lazy After All These Years

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jun 12 2007, 12:26 AM) View Post
Cable TV news shows are horribly unprofessional at covering internet news. Whenever I see them try, it reminds me of the time national news covered my local area and botched all the information about the city.
See also: Yahoo discovers cat macros.

Though there is a part of me that just wants to blame 4chan for spreading things like this in the first place.

#23 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Snarwin @ Jun 12 2007, 03:20 AM) View Post

Actually, I think Error's name was a joke put in by the programmers; there's another character in the game named "Bagu," translated from the Japanese word for "bug" (source: Wikipedia).

Oh right. Error and Bagu - that's great! Nice one Nintendo. At least that puts the Engrish myth to rest.

People thought there was a secret Mortal Kombat character called Ermac in MK3, when actually it was just a debug report - =Error Macro. However, the offbeat sense of humour of the guys there added an extra ninja for UMK3 called Ermac. There's too much silliness in that game, considering it's supposed to be about 'sploding heads and stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users