MP3 Editing software?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KHRiku

KHRiku

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:20 PM

I need to a know how to cut out part of a MP3 file. See what I'm wanting to do is cut off the last 35 seconds or so. I don't know how or if I need to download some kind of program to so. Anyone here care to explain it for me?

#2 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:43 PM

Quite easy. If you have Nero 6 or up, you should have got Nero Wave Editor. That works well. Also, there's Audacity. That's free. Audacity is probably better than Wave Editor though. icon_wink.gif

#3 KHRiku

KHRiku

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:53 PM

Alright thanks. I'll try to get audacity I don't think my Nero is that high a version.

Edited by KHRiku, 08 September 2007 - 08:14 PM.

#4 stpdjrk99

stpdjrk99

Enemy of the internet

• Members

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:21 PM

goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com/) is fairly simple and has a free trial if you just want to cut out part of a song, and I think the trial never expires, but you should be able to do what you want with it if I understand the topic

#5 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:13 AM

Audacity is completely free, and lets you edit, convert and save MP3 and OGG files. It's available for Win, Mac and Linux too. That's in my opinion exactly what you're looking for.

You can also record MP3 from your microphone or even make a MP3 out of whatever your soundcard's playing at the moment ... great for ripping stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users