Great bridge of Hylia Sprite

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#46 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 03:02 PM

Well, I do have a job... and I live at home... so I'm not buying mt own food... so that leaves me with moenyz. And besides, The US Dollar's currency is a little low at the moment, I think... so it isn't an unaffordable amount of money... sure, it IS enough for a medium new game, but I think this bridge is worth it.
And no, the quest will be free... but, I wouldn't mind having you give me 50$ dollars upon release, if that's what you want. Jk. xD

#47 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE(lucas92 @ Jun 18 2008, 03:37 PM) View Post

Paying 35 $ for graphics that anyone could do?

I'd have to, frankly, say that if anyone could do it Migokalle wouldn't be paying. icon_razz.gif

Good work Zemious, and you got a really good payment for this. I hope I get my chance to recieve payment sometime soon. Infact I still have projects I need to finish. Perhaps I'll get to that right now.

Money is always a good inspiration ^_^

Edited by Alestance, 18 June 2008 - 04:53 PM.

#48 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

NO! Are you kidding me!? I NEEDED a great bridge of Hylia in my quest and I've been trying to make one for about 2 months and I was SO excited when this came up! Man that sucks. Should I just go and request another one then or something? icon_razz.gif

#49 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2008 - 12:59 AM

*sigh* i guess I'll have to make my own sidescroller bridge tiles.

maybe they will work for you ZS?

i dont personally think I'm any good with pixel art... but maybe it will be ok...? it's not exactly the same 1-tile spriting I'm used to... actually i've been working on it for a little while. you may like it... i dont know icon_razz.gif you will have to see.

#50 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:19 AM

I want to start a new thread but it doesn't matter.
From here on, I'm going to show off the horizontal view of the "Great Bridge of Hylia".
IPB Image

Before you all start over anaylizing it, you should know a few things. icon_razz.gif
Perspective fixes it self over time, atleast for me it does.
Above the arches and below the railing, that's going to be where bricks are, you'll see once I get that far in the design.
I plan on taking all my work down after I'm finished with this sprite out of Migokalle's request, he's buying this one as well. Atleast he said so. icon_razz.gif

I'm uploading it for everyone to see for learning purposes and for constructive criticism.
Thanks for all the past comments, I promise this will turn out as good or better!

#51 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:36 AM

Awesome! And ofcourse I will! you know the drill!
*silly rhyme* xD

#52 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:44 AM

Wait, is Migo actually buying these, with real money?

#53 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:03 AM

Yup, 35 real monopoly dollars going down the drain. Can you believe it? Frankly it's outta my price range, but hey, we can't all be rolling in the big bucks can we?

(I'm tired, really dunno why I'm posting this...and need to go to bed. I guess this isn't substanceless cause I answered Russ...albeit in a sarcastic way but still...)

#54 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:34 AM

Eh, actually this has kind of given me a new respect for Migo. Paying real money to improve a fangame... Even I would never do that... Wow.

This, of course, means that from now on, Migo has NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to not finish his Quest. You got that, Mig? I expect to see this thing finished if you're actually spending money on it. icon_wink.gif

Since I don't need the bridge for my own Quest, it doesn't affect me as much that it's now exclusive... To the rest of you, though, my advice is to not get so down about this. Obviously this is super important to Migo for it to be unique to his Quest... Important enough to spend 35 bucks on it, at least... so we'll all be good and go along with his kind request. Right? Right.

Sheesh... 35 bucks on a Zelda Quest...

#55 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 06:00 AM

Wow... finally one guy with a god damn sence icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks Schwa.. and yes, you're right, I HAVE to finish it now... icon_biggrin.gif
Which is good.

#56 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:47 AM

Well, Migo you gotta think about it in another person's point of view. It's not about the act of making it exclusive at all, it's about the timing. If you had requested it, then Zem started either showing some early work or showing you some work in chat and you were like, "Woah man, this is going awesome. Do you think I could do something like pay you to make it exclusive? Cause this is a big part of my quest and I'd feel like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon if everyone just started using it." No one would've cared, mainly because they wouldn't have known what was up ahead, and if/when they saw it in your quest they would've most likely been like, "Oh sweet, check out Zem's bridge! Migo's pretty lucky." And they most likely would still want to use it but they'd know it has passed and there'd be nothing they could do about it.

But since this thread has existed, and Zem has been posting these awesome updates in the public eye people have been getting excited. They literally watched it being made in updates and they were excited to think they'd have something this awesome at their disposal. So when on the 3rd page Zem says you've offered him 35 dollars to make it exclusive to you...well...you'd better be damn ready to receive some criticism. It is your right to do something, and since Zem agreed there's really nothing people can do but be disappointed. So, while Schwa may be the only one with some "god damn sence" in your mind, you can't be thinking others are so in the wrong for not liking what has happened.

Hopefully this'll be the end of this, I just wanted to point out exactly why people are upset and hopefully defend those who have no "god damn sence."

#57 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:54 AM

Alright guys, lets not get mad at each other.
Every time I sprite, I get better.
My next sprite I do will be for a request or just be plain free, and will be as good as these or better. Getting better is inevitable.

Lets not hate anyone for their actions, or even dislike them.

#58 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE(Plissken @ Jun 20 2008, 09:47 AM) View Post

Well, Migo you gotta think about it in another person's point of view. It's not about the act of making it exclusive at all, it's about the timing. If you had requested it, then Zem started either showing some early work or showing you some work in chat and you were like, "Woah man, this is going awesome. Do you think I could do something like pay you to make it exclusive? Cause this is a big part of my quest and I'd feel like I'm just jumping on the bandwagon if everyone just started using it." No one would've cared, mainly because they wouldn't have known what was up ahead, and if/when they saw it in your quest they would've most likely been like, "Oh sweet, check out Zem's bridge! Migo's pretty lucky." And they most likely would still want to use it but they'd know it has passed and there'd be nothing they could do about it.

But since this thread has existed, and Zem has been posting these awesome updates in the public eye people have been getting excited. They literally watched it being made in updates and they were excited to think they'd have something this awesome at their disposal. So when on the 3rd page Zem says you've offered him 35 dollars to make it exclusive to you...well...you'd better be damn ready to receive some criticism. It is your right to do something, and since Zem agreed there's really nothing people can do but be disappointed. So, while Schwa may be the only one with some "god damn sence" in your mind, you can't be thinking others are so in the wrong for not liking what has happened.

Hopefully this'll be the end of this, I just wanted to point out exactly why people are upset and hopefully defend those who have no "god damn sence."

Infact, YOU are failing... I asked him all along if he could make it exclusive... he wasn't sure though... atleast not to my knowledge...
Then, I DID infact say "I'd pay for you to make it exclusive", but he said no... But then, a few minutes later, he said that if he where to make it exclusive, he would need to get paid... and I agreed...
So, no, you can't come here and tell me that I'm an asshole. Damnit, I'm PAYING him to do a job for me... I'm not paying, so you guys can come in and bash my head with a big pink candy cane!
But as Zem said, let's not fight... let's discuss... but... I'd like it if you could take the discussion to me in chat... query or my channel. !
icon_biggrin.gif

#59 Plissken

Plissken

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

Never did I say anything about you being an asshole, I'm merely explaining why people are upset and why they should be. No need to start yelling at me for that.

#60 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

Migokalle: He's upset because you recently paid me to make these sprites for you specifically and exclusive. I always release my work here for the "oooohs, ahhhh's" and for constructive criticism.
You have to look at in his and everyone elses point of view, I was showing off a bunch of sprites that I was planning to release to the public, and you. I then snatched them all up by removing my art from this thread, but because you paid me. Think about how they feel as well.

Plissken: You have every right to be upset bro, when Migokalle said "finally one guy with a god damn sence". Think about what he was saying from his point of view, he thinks that everyone is just mad because he bought it. I don't think he meant to be rude about it like you and a few others are percieving it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users