warps

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Okay so i have set up some warps but when link warps... he doesnt appear in the right spot....

Instead he appears at a square (Stuck in the trees) no where near the (a,b,c,d) or green warp spot is...

Dmap- Houses Lv1 Interior WARP FROM
Dmap- Overworld Lv1 Overworld WARP TOO

I have set all of the warps to the square just outside the door to the house.

Both of the warps are Insta-Warp with Blackout.

Here is a pick of where link is after warping:

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I have no idea wtf is going on... it seems almost impossible...

Im using Windows 7 btw...

#2 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

So both the blue warp and the green warp are being used? I can't think of the solution as of yet, but I just want to clarify. Also, in the tile warp, is it set to the correct blue warp?

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 06:55 AM

To take a proper screenshot of the situation without outright giving away the unpassworded quest to people here so they can take a closer look, here's what you do:

Press "q" twice. The first time reveals the Cset of the combos on-screen. The second time reveals the ID of the combo type. Type "1" is Stairs{A} and Type "41" is Direct Warp{A}. Then remove all layers, and a take a screenshot of the exit screen.

If it's not a stair warp and it's not a direct warp, but a side warp, I can't imagine any scenario where Link would arrive on a place that ZQuest didn't want him to, particularly not if there's a direct warp on the bottom of the screen near where the door usually is that leads him higher on the screen than the door.
  • Gouanaco likes this

#4 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

To take a proper screenshot of the situation without outright giving away the unpassworded quest to people here so they can take a closer look, here's what you do:

Press "q" twice. The first time reveals the Cset of the combos on-screen. The second time reveals the ID of the combo type. Type "1" is Stairs{A} and Type "41" is Direct Warp{A}. Then remove all layers, and a take a screenshot of the exit screen.

If it's not a stair warp and it's not a direct warp, but a side warp, I can't imagine any scenario where Link would arrive on a place that ZQuest didn't want him to, particularly not if there's a direct warp on the bottom of the screen near where the door usually is that leads him higher on the screen than the door.

Well i did as you said and here's the screenshot:

well there both insta-warps with blackout   from the house is A and to outside the house is A aswell

But i have added all of the abcd and green one there but nothing still works. :/

#5 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

are there any other warps in your game that work? Is the quest rule (I think found in Quest->Rules->Other) named "use warp return points only" checked?

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

Well i did as you said and here's the screenshot:

well there both insta-warps with blackout   from the house is A and to outside the house is A aswell

But i have added all of the abcd and green one there but nothing still works. :/

Is that the screen that you're being warped from? The screen we're exiting is the important one in terms of combo placement.

#7 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Is that the screen that you're being warped from? The screen we're exiting is the important one in terms of combo placement.

Dmap- Houses Lv1 Interior WARP FROM

Dmap- Overworld Lv1 Overworld WARP TOO

The outside one is the return screen.

Go to the tile warp options on the WARP FROM screen and check to see what the "warp return point" is. If it was accidently set to D or something that could be the problem.

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

So to clarify my previous two posts:

Again, if all five warp return points on the arrival screen (Screen #2.) are set to the same point, and Link isn't going to that point on arrival, then there are only two possible options:

1) A Direct Warp combo type is being used in the doorway of the house. That would absolutely do it. It needs to be a Stair type combo.

2) A script is in play to cause Link to appear at non-warp-return points. Naturally, I highly doubt this is what's happening.

#9 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

Ah yes i think it might be the fact that inside the house i think i made a direct warp inside the house...

That might be the problem:

Im a while ill go change it to stair warp and see if that fixes it :D

Thanks everyone for helping XD

Edited by Gouanaco, 20 September 2013 - 02:08 AM.

#10 Gouanaco

Gouanaco

Death Knight

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Ok guys i changed the warp inside the house from a derect warp to a Stair warp.

its now fixed :D

thank you everyone :)

But could someone explain why this happened?

#11 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

A direct warp will warp you to directly to the same coordinates that you were on when you stepped on the direct warp. It's what it does. It's an extremely handy type of warp, really. It bypasses the need to set warp return points. It basically changes the screen that you're on without moving the player's location on the screen itself.
  • Gouanaco likes this

#12 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

A direct warp will warp you to directly to the same coordinates that you were on when you stepped on the direct warp. It's what it does. It's an extremely handy type of warp, really. It bypasses the need to set warp return points. It basically changes the screen that you're on without moving the player's location on the screen itself.

Mostly good for cutscreens and using on a combo that looks like a pit.

• Gouanaco likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: warps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users