Dreams of Yesterday

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1303 replies to this topic

#1276 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have all my triforce pieces but cannot enter the Deku Tree (isn't that where the Deku forest is?) so what am I missing?
Can anyone help me with this?

OK I got it, destroy the cannon......

Edited by Mister Snooze, 24 February 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#1277 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(Mister Snooze @ Feb 24 2013, 01:41 PM) View Post

I have all my triforce pieces but cannot enter the Deku Tree (isn't that where the Deku forest is?) so what am I missing?
Can anyone help me with this?

Think there's a previous post (4 days ago) where they said , you can't enter deku tree if............????????
Can't remember what was it,, but I saw the post, ????

Edited by vravelo, 24 February 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#1278 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

I added a requirement to bust the Grand Cannon in Enigma Castle just so the whole sequence would have a point. There actually wasn't a mechanics-driven reason to go to the Enigma Castle Cannon Room before. Honestly. I was amazed.

If you can think of something for the Goron Ninja to say that will be more specific, but won't spoil anything at all, I'm all ears. icon_smile.gif

36:35 – I think someone else had mentioned this before. If you have no key for 36:4B, you're trapped since you can't go back. Can just move the lock from 36:4B to the right door at 36:44
I'd best add it to the north door of 36:45 where the lava disappears when the enemies are dead. Problem with the room to the left at 36:44, is that it isn't an NES Style DGN room, but an Interior style Dmap room. Those kinds of doors don't work there. I could make a new set of lock blocks, but there's a better solution. I just allowed the player to backtrack, opening the one-way shutters, and on the floor below, let them pass through the southern door right to the middle of the room without having to make the walkway through the lava appear. Should be fine now.

36:74 – Can't ladder across the lava separating the bits of land on the left side to let the player go left. Didn't have ZQ to see this before, but this does lead right back to start since you can hookshot the block after going left.
Ew. Never noticed that you could do that. Nice find. Fixed! You can now ladder exactly where you need to, but nowhere else on that screen.

No intro text to Coma and Insomnia battle.
Eh? Which screen is there no text on? It played well enough for me...

Also thinking of giving them different attacks in each different round of the battle. It's so uninteresting, and fighting Bats on ice is ... ... well, it's not exactly Radio City Music Hall. Bats on Ice. I wouldn't pay to see that.

43:30 – no locked door at top. Odd because it's there when I look at the room in ZQ.
Ah, right. That was my mistake. Forgot about the very same qualities I mentioned about about the Interior type rooms. I fixed it.

Is the Boomerang 3 in the illusion Kokiri Village shop the same as in the one in Excavation?
It may as well be. It still stuns bubbles. It's the only place in the game that sells it though. I can change it. I probably will.

'nother bug-fix

#1279 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Mr Snooze Get your shield and go to subrosia..!
I got the "level four sword" icon_thumbsup.gif
Also you can enter the excavation and finish up, some pending business ..!
basement two to the right and walk front wall kill those three genies - enter and bomb north wall -- (surprise icon_wacky.gif )

#1280 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

I don't think you had to bomb the north wall to get anything, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. It just disappears when you kill the mirror-robes.

I'm thinking of making it so that you can't get the L3 or L4 swords unless you've traced the rumors about them from the last source revealing information about them. I mean they'll be there, but you can't dive for the L3 Sword or bomb the entrance to Subrosia unless you hear about them first. What do you think?

#1281 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Feb 25 2013, 10:01 AM) View Post

I don't think you had to bomb the north wall to get anything, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about. It just disappears when you kill the mirror-robes.

I'm thinking of making it so that you can't get the L3 or L4 swords unless you've traced the rumors about them from the last source revealing information about them. I mean they'll be there, but you can't dive for the L3 Sword or bomb the entrance to Subrosia unless you hear about them first. What do you think?

I remember hearing about the level 4 sword before I got it so i don't think you have to worry about it.

The Goron ninja did mention the cannon but for some reason the gate outside left did not open ( sometimes if you don't exit properly and just f6cont., it causes that problem it seems), when I went in and re-killed the boss it then was open or maybe it was a new download that did it, but it is working now.

P.S. I loved the save point in the Marathon. A save point in the Deku Tree would be great as well. If you have to quit playing just because life happens and come back later it is a long way to return. It is bad enough to have to redo the tree.

Edited by Mister Snooze, 25 February 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#1282 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Stuck in here without a key. Can't get out without f6cont., Walked in here through that locked door.

IPB Image

#1283 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Fixed that, I think. Strange dungeon is strange. There are already little shortcuts to the place. One or two screens west of the Deku Jungle starting place is a bush that turns into a warp to the Deku Tree when you kill one of the bosses.

#1284 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Feb 25 2013, 09:01 AM) View Post

That may make it rather hard for the typical player who normally goes through a level from start to finish, especially in Storm Tower (level 3 patra with a level 2 sword???).

L4 sword you may be able to get away with blocking that off, but blocking off L3 sword would make a lot of players have to exit the level to return later with better upgrades (especailly Storm Tower). Would have to put a lot of blocks in place to really make such a system work

Honestly, I would just leave it as is. First time players won't know about this anyway until getting to those clues or unless they happen to stumble into the Lens of Truth.

#1285 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

Even with a hint I never found the dive spot for the L3 sword. It's one of the few things I simply had to look up. And it makes the middle part of the game about 1000x easier. Heck, if you get both the L3 sword and the last tunic as soon as you possibly can (pretty early, really) you actually make the game almost easy in terms of fighting and living/dying. It's like getting the L3 sword really early on in Demo Quest EX, which you can also do. It makes an otherwise hard game WAAAY easier.

Edited by FerentzRocks, 25 February 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#1286 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Oh quite, absolutely. I agree; it was very difficult before these changes. It's why I increased health drops, rupee drops, slid in an extra tier of shield and boomerang that can stun bubbles, increased the Heart Container Maximum, put in many, many lens of truth hints, created a ton of shortcuts and clues, am implementing 2.5 features that make combat and gameplay easier, and helped streamline the final area. Aside from that, it's an immersion thing. icon_shrug.gif

#1287 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Well, your call on this. If you want to adjust those things, that's fine.

I can see making the player go a longer way before getting the L4 sword later on given its properties icon_lol.gif

L3 sword condition change is your call. Honestly shouldn't change my style too much given I generally don't complete levels in one go anyway. If you want to change them, that's ok. Doesn't change any part before getting L2 sword at least. L3 boomerang is usually enough to support when I get it.

I had the old versions before, so nice to find some stuff early to get through some of the tougher points icon_naughty.gif

You'd have to block at every step, requiring the player to get each hint before unlocking the next hint to prevent shortcuts. You can try this and we can beta test that out to see how it works.

Well, I'll test it out with those limits on when I can get sword upgrades. With the way I go through the quest, shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by pixcalibur, 25 February 2013 - 08:36 PM.

#1288 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Ok, I have been trying, literally for days, to get that boss key for the Deku Tree. I believe it is through a water warp when the traps are north, but I have been unable to find it. Can I get some help here? Maybe a pm? I'm going nuts icon_lol.gif (and I would be ashamed to say how may times I have dropped down into the hall of statues ugh!) I am also missing a second floor map? Wonder where that is? Is there one?

Edited by Mister Snooze, 27 February 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#1289 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Get onto north side from 2F, go back down to 1F from central stairs. Go down a couple screens to entrance room. Walk through wall on left. Go through next room. In room with BS Patras, there is a dive point that will take you to the boss key.

#1290 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE(pixcalibur @ Feb 27 2013, 05:17 PM) View Post

Get onto north side from 2F, go back down to 1F from central stairs. Go down a couple screens to entrance room. Walk through wall on left. Go through next room. In room with BS Patras, there is a dive point that will take you to the boss key.

Thank you so much! I would never have found that!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users