• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 January 2016 - 06:45 PM

Heyho :)

I just realised that Link swims through unwalkable combos that are placed on layer 1. Is it possible, to avoid that? I know, I can place unwalkable combos on layer 0, but that doesn't work, when just half of the combo is unwalkable.

#2 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 04 January 2016 - 07:25 PM

Neither of those solid combos might be also labeled water - right?

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 04 January 2016 - 07:28 PM.

• Rastael likes this

#3 Aevin

Aevin

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 January 2016 - 03:56 AM

Unfortunately, that's just the way water works. Layer 0 determines whether a space is considered "water" or "land." If it's land and isn't already solid, you could layer a solid combo over the top of it so Link couldn't walk, climb out of the water, or swim there. But layering a solid combo over a water tile would have no effect on Link when he's swimming, since solid water is always swimmable. If the combo on layer 0 is water, he'll swim there no matter what's on higher layers.

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to create partial combo solidity for water. The entire combo is either water or not, and you can only prevent swimming through it if it's not water.

• Rastael and Avaro like this

#4 Rastael

Rastael

Wizard

• Members

Posted 06 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

Too bad...

But thx for your answers. :)

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:33 PM

Actually, you can solve that, but I don't know if you want to use a script for it.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 06 January 2016 - 03:44 PM.

#6 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

This won't work for half tiles, but if you want 'solid water' you can fake it on a whole tile basis by just making a solid [none] combo that uses the water graphics. Making half-water combos solid would require scripting though.

#7 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

Actually, I believe you could have solid, half walkabale water without scripts. Just place a FFC over the solid portion. Link treats FFCs as walkable land, so he would attempt to get onto it, and then me unable to go any farther because solid.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users