Photo

SotM 17

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Pick your favorite screenshot. (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick your favorite screenshot.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 PrinceMSC

PrinceMSC

Remember the Name

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:06 PM

IaN
user posted image
Finally, a shot from me that's actaully in a quest.

link3505
user posted image
a screenshot from a cutscene in Fragments. Laike is warping to the boss arena to face Gian - False Spirit of Stone

Petoe
user posted image
Someone's going to become a pancake soon...

Radien
user posted image
The story of a girl, a door, and the giant toad that came between them.

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:41 PM

I have the feeling I'm going to lose big time, to IaN... then again, it's the first time, in a long while, that I've been to SSOTM, so it's not so bad

[subliminal message]

Vote link3505

[/subliminal message]

Edited by link3505, 31 October 2004 - 12:42 PM.

#3 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:45 PM

Well, IaN's shot is the best, there's no doubt about that, but let's not declare any winners yet. icon_wink.gif I think we all have a chance to win.

#4 Ielen

Ielen

Adept

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 01:12 PM

I like link3505's shot the best. The main reason is the trees help to accentuate the RPG feel to it.

The rest are all equally good shots icon_smile.gif

Well done everyone icon_biggrin.gif

#5 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:07 PM

First of all, take anything I say with a grain of salt. The shots by Link3505 and Petoe aren't exactly what I would call standard ZC... duh... and seeing as how I, myself, and a major newbie, you can't really trust me to give an educated response, but I will try to the best of my ability.

IaN - absolutely great use of the water (i'm a water freak) It's huge, it has to take up at least half of the shot, and it's not overbearing. It successfully divides the screen without making it look crowded (like most of my screens do) Wonderful!

Link3505 - I envy you for being able to make such good custom tiles. I suck tremendously at this part of ZQuest, the most tiles I've done is editing a Guard to have a Hylian Shield instead of whatever it's got from LttP... other than that, and I'm sorry about this, it's just me, but, it's not my cup of tea, sorry, bud. Nice work tile editing though. Effort is a great thing in ZQ.

Petoe - Did I spell that right? I'm not a huge MM fan, but I still love the way you got the side scroll thing here. And it must've taken forever to draw the thing hanging from the ceiling??? Good custom tiles, great custom shot, great custom everything!

Raiden - I love the frogs, man. Rock on. I love the doors, they look like they have a sort of (correct me if i'm wrong) barred look to them, which is what I think of when I hear the name 'dungeon' Very nice. The walls are great. the smaller 'bricks' make the tiles look taller than they actually are, unless that's just me, and that's definitely good for a quest...

Anyway, that's my response.... i don't know who to vote for, because, like I said, I have very limited knowledge in what makes a screenshot great. Looks like IaN's is the best, by the looks of everyone else

And, i hope i didn't hurt anyones feelings

#6 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:11 PM

link3505, (Despite being well aware that it was a joke, I must insist that) You may mean Superliminal. icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif Yeah, they did that on the Simpsons. (LT Smash: HEY YOU! Join the Navy! Carl: Yeah, alright.) Though it might have been Lenny.

To be honest, I'm really not sure who to vote for. It literally feels like I'm being stretched on a rack. (That medieval torture device.)

*Shows an image of an aging, fat Scotty from Star Trek,* Kapten, it's yewcelss! I kinna reach thuh cuntrell panehl!

EDIT: Of course, I simply mean I ended up voting for Radien again. icon_biggrin.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

#7 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:08 PM

I'm not going to go through them all in this time around, but link3505's is just... wow. It has everything needed in a good quality shot, graphics, setup, and it just sticks out. icon_wink.gif

#8 Reflectionist

Reflectionist

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:18 PM

...I think it's pretty good. I just have a hard time understanding it, because I'm not used to the tiles, that's my problem...

Now that I look at it, it would make sense in a 3D environment, if it were 3D (that's how I view things... if they look like they'd make sense in 3D, then go with it, that's why i like pure)

#9 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:32 PM

Well, I gave my two cents in the other SOTWs, so I won't say the same thing again. Anyways, all of these ones are great, however, I am just in love with link3505's shot. So click. I voted. This one looks like it is going to be a close battle. Good luck to everyone. icon_thumbsup.gif

#10 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:16 PM

I've gotta be honest; I think link3505 deserves it. All his tiles fit together perfectly in style and layout -- it's a cohesive picture.

I null vote. I'm interested to see whether the standings will essentially stay the same as more people vote.

#11 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:43 PM

Link3505, that and I want that tileset so badly it hurts.

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Oct 31 2004, 02:43 PM)
Link3505, that and I want that tileset so badly it hurts.

Yeah, that'd be great for you to work with, wouldn't it DFW? icon_smile.gif Also a new challenge, since his tiles look pretty complicated, and he uses LTTP-ish 3D mountains.

#13 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 07:41 PM

I voted for link3505. I like it a lot. icon_smile.gif

#14 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Oct 31 2004, 02:46 PM)
Yeah, that'd be great for you to work with, wouldn't it DFW? icon_smile.gif Also a new challenge, since his tiles look pretty complicated, and he uses LTTP-ish 3D mountains.

Good god yes, I could do wonders with that.

#15 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 01:39 AM

Hmm... even though Petoe's shot is awesome and I loved that level, I'd have to go with link3505's shot as well. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users