Screenshot of the Week - Reopening

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 05:56 PM

Ok. I have finally decided on a solution for Screenshot of the Week. It is not a perfect solution, but I think it is pretty good. It may only be temporary if it doesn't work out.

Basically, it will work like this. When someone submits a shot to me, they have the option of choosing if they want comments or not. If a person chooses that they don't want comments, then no one can mention their shot in any way in the thread. Anyone who does so will have their post editted. Multiple times will get you banned from SOTW. If a person chooses that they want comments, then people will be allowed to comment on their shot. This will include comments that might be deemed "bad". If someone says your shot sucks and doesn't explain, take it up with them via PM. Anyone caught arguing in the thread over "bad" comments will also be banned from SOTW.

The new system will begin Monday. Everyone who has submit a shot to me, should resubmit. And remember, when you submit tell me if you want people to comment on your shot or not.

#2 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:10 PM

That is great news. I can't wait to get is started. icon_biggrin.gif

#3 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:13 PM

I hope it works. icon_sweat.gif

I'm thinking the fact that you guys had to close it might have been enough though, I'm not sure people want that again. icon_razz.gif

#4 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:14 PM

Sounds like it might work. I sure hope so. SOTW was one of my favorite parts of PZC. icon_smile.gif

#5 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:18 PM

*breaks the chain of staff posts*

Welcome back, SOTW. I'll probably only be voting from now on, but still, I'm glad that it's back. I missed it. icon_biggrin.gif

#6 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:30 PM

Sounds like a good compromise.

Edited by Ccc, 01 September 2004 - 06:30 PM.

#7 CrystalBlade

CrystalBlade

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:33 PM

That's a good idea. I sure hope it works.

It will be good to have SOTW back. icon_biggrin.gif

#8 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 06:33 PM

and I was just wondering when SSOTW would return. I'm glad it's back. I just hope people will follow the rules and SSOTW will remain open from now on. is there any chance these new rules will be revoked, if people start following them?

#9 Breadguy

Breadguy

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:05 PM

I think these rules are fine. It doesn't bother me any. I bet a lot of members will choose to have comments. If they don't. Well hey, less I have to type. icon_razz.gif

#10 IaN

IaN

Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 09:58 PM

Sounds wicked. I'm sure if someone really wanted to comment on a shot with no comments, I'm sure they can ask over PM if it's really nessicary. Great to see SotW back.

#11 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:13 PM

I am so glad that the Shot of the Week is coming back. I have been having nightmares of it never coming back. Hopefully there will no longer be a problem with this. Welcome back SOTW!!!

I know that this is a little off subject but, I am like half way through my quest and I am going to start releasing the screen shots. And posting them on the Shot of the Week sounds so exciting. icon_smile.gif

#12 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 01 September 2004 - 10:26 PM

That's a pretty complicated solution, but at least now subjective decisions aren't a factor in determining who is out of line... It'll take more effort for Praethus, but I think it will work for now.

However, I hope people will to be more positive here from now on, anyway. I've seen a few highly critical people here who are doubly upset when people hold them to the same standards.

#13 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:12 AM

Great news. And great idea. icon_thumbsup.gif Let's hope everything will be fine from now on.

#14 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:26 PM

um, just out of curiosity(sp?), how will we know what shots do/don't want comments?

#15 Ccc

Ccc

Adept

• Members

Posted 02 September 2004 - 03:45 PM

It wil probab;y say "no comments" by the ones that you con't comment on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users