[ZC] Fall Expo 2012 Demo LP's

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

For my first Zelda Classic LP, I thought I would LP the demos that are featured in the Fall Expo. So expect to see tons of LP vids from all of these awesome quests the ZC community has brought to us.

LP#1 You Played a Quest When You Could Have Been Making One
By: SpacemanDan

Part 1 - Dragon's Den
Part 2 - The Pit

LP #2: Oracle of Awakening
By: Sepulcher and the Ambient Silence crew

Part 1 - Introduction to Moblin's Keep
Part 2 - Moblin's Keep

LP#3: Sticks and Stones
By: trudatman

Sticks and Stones LP

Coming Soon:
LP #4: The Eight Objects
By: Saffith

Edited by Dawnlight, 02 November 2012 - 08:10 PM.

#2 Dan358

Dan358

Whatever. I don't care.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Are you going to do all of them, or just a few?

#3 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

I hope I could do all of them. That's the plan.

#4 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

If it helps, you may want to do mine last, as the demo is pretty long. I've easily gone over 10 hours for a play through, and that's with knowing where everything is..

#5 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

neat. I plan to watch them all!

my demo is short. it should take as little as fifteen minutes or as much as an hour.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

I just watched the first part, but I was wondering. For future videos, would it possible to do anything about the voice/video desynch? It's kind of weird and disorienting, especially towards the end, when the triforce jingle started playing (through the mic, I'm guessing) before you even entered the room.

Other than that though, nice LP so far. I do want to point out though that the target that you shoot to light the torches isn't a script. It's a custom enemy whose attributes Dan set very creatively. icon_razz.gif

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

Yeah looks like BB Flashback Express's voice capture is pretty crappy. I'll try using Audacity next time like I do for my other LP's.

#8 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hey Dawnlight, when you LP OoA make sure you download the one from the expo. I know I released it to you guys, but there were a couple of fixes in the demo currently in the expo thread. Thanks!

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

UPDATE:

Oracle of Awakening Demo is up. I think I fixed the voice sync problem Russ addressed. But I still need to find out how to get rid of that background noise on my mic.

LP #2: Oracle of Awakening
Part 1 - Introduction to Moblin's Keep

Part 2 will be up shortly. Check my YouTube page later. It's uploading as we speak.

Now what demo should I play next.

Edited by Dawnlight, 30 October 2012 - 05:19 PM.

#10 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

I'm probably biased, but I think that you might as well do mine because it is short. no matter which you do, thanks for putting your time and effort into this. I particularly appreciate it because I cannot currently play the 2.x quests until we get another laptop charger. also, your voice is quite different from what I had in my mind. keep 'em coming!

Edited by trudatman, 30 October 2012 - 05:13 PM.

#11 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:59 PM

Part 2 for Oracle of Awakening is now up with my final thoughts about the demo.

Part 2 - Moblin's Keep

trudatman's Demo will be the next item on my list for LPs.

Edited by Dawnlight, 30 October 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#12 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Dawnlight, about the difficulty, I am sorry. I am terrible at telling if something is too hard or not. I went through those Darknuts with no problem, but that may be cause of different play styles. icon_frown.gif Also, you found a bug in the bridge that I'm not sure what happened to cause. It was solid when I played it, but it looks to me like it's letting you walk right off of it. icon_unsettled.gif And for the switches, I'll change them by making some custom drawn switches. I'll fix everything you mentioned. The story is a bit bare because of lack of time before the expo, but I wanted to make sure that there was a playable demo for the expo. I am glad to have PureZC to help me improve. icon_smile.gif

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

UPDATE: trudatman's quest is VERY hard. I'm having a very hard time LPing this quest. I'm very sorry dude. Unless, if you want me to show parts of the demo but not give a rating on it, I don't think I will make my way through.

So, I will put that quest on hold and make my next upcoming LP "The Eight Objects" by Saffith.

Edited by Dawnlight, 30 October 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#14 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

really? what part is so hard? it's kind of an old-school learner, not a typical custom quest gauntlet romp, so I could see it being a bit frustrating, but, after watching your other videos, I know you can do it. I guess my quest must be tough, but I also suspect nobody is willing to try a tough part more than twice. if you shot some video of your failures, I'd still like to see them. I feel like the kids that grew up with the NES and didn't wait for Nintendo Power to explain everything to them will be able to handle this quest. Zeldaman23 managed to explore the last version and I haven't made it any harder...

...and he only died three times. I'm hoping you'll try again.

Edited by trudatman, 30 October 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#15 kurt91

kurt91

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

Hang on, are you still using BB Flashback Express on these? I use the same program, and had the same audio sync-ing problem. However, I messed with the settings and figured out how to fix it. If you're still having issues with it but are still interested in using it, let me know. I'll tell you what settings I have on. (I'd just post it here, but I don't know what settings do what, so I'd have to post absolutely everything on the list.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users