Photo

Dawnlight's LP#1: Castlevania Lords of Shadow (Xbox 360)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hey guys,

I recently just got my new HD PVR 2 and for the most part, it works well....on the Xbox 360. I'm having some problems connecting it with the PS3. I think I might need to get a component to HDMI adapter off of Monoprice.

Anyway, my first LP is going to be Castlevania: Lords of Shadow for the Xbox 360. With Mirror of Fates coming in November, it just seems appropriate to LP this game and plus I only got to about Chapter 2 in this game so I'm happy to start fresh. I only got this game for $7. icon_razz.gif

All my LP videos will be posted on my YouTube channel:

DLTDawnlight's YouTube

Recorded Videos:

Until I get a headset with mic, all my videos will be a "walkthrough". I'll try to get voice as soon as possible.

Chapter 1
1-1 - Besieged Village
1-2 - Hunting Path
1-3 - The Dead Bog
1-4 - Pan's Temple - WARNING: This part contains nudity
1-5 - Oblivion Lake

Chapter 2
2-1 - Enchanted Forest
2-2 - Underground Caves
2-3 - Labyrinth Entrance - From this point, the rest of the LP will have voice.
2-4 - Waterfalls of Agharta (Part 1)
2-4 - Waterfalls of Agharta (Part 2)
2-5 - Agharta - WARNING:This part contains nudity
2-6 - Dark Dungeon
2-7 - Sanctuary Entrance
2-8 - Sanctuary of Titans
2-9 - The Black Knight

Chapter 3
3-1 - The Three Towers

I will start playing tonight so I will try to get some gameplay videos as soon as possible.

Wish me luck for my first LP! icon_biggrin.gif

Edited by Dawnlight, 28 October 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:05 PM

The Chapter One videos are up. I had to reupload Oblivion Lake due to sync issues. It should be ready in a few hours.

#3 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

I've just watched part of video 1 and part of video 2, but I have a few things to say.

First off, I want to say that the video and audio quality is amazing. The hardware you got for recording was definitely worth it.

Having said this... this isn't an LP. By definition, a Let's Play has commentary from the player since the commentary is meant to draw the viewer into the experience as if they are sitting next to you while you play. This can either be actual voice audio (which most LPs in this forum do) or it can be subtitles edited into the video. You have neither from what I've watched, so this really can't be defined as a Let's Play.

From what I've watched, this is actually a video walkthrough since it has no commentary of any kind. If I'm mistaken on this and there is actually commentary, feel free to correct me and point it out. If there isn't, then this needs to be relabeled as a Walkthrough. icon_shrug.gif

Sorry if I seem a bit picky about a label, but Let's Play means "let us play" rather than "watch this video of stuff happening." icon_shrug.gif

#4 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE(Nick @ Sep 21 2012, 09:42 PM) View Post

I've just watched part of video 1 and part of video 2, but I have a few things to say.

First off, I want to say that the video and audio quality is amazing. The hardware you got for recording was definitely worth it.

Having said this... this isn't an LP. By definition, a Let's Play has commentary from the player since the commentary is meant to draw the viewer into the experience as if they are sitting next to you while you play. This can either be actual voice audio (which most LPs in this forum do) or it can be subtitles edited into the video. You have neither from what I've watched, so this really can't be defined as a Let's Play.

From what I've watched, this is actually a video walkthrough since it has no commentary of any kind. If I'm mistaken on this and there is actually commentary, feel free to correct me and point it out. If there isn't, then this needs to be relabeled as a Walkthrough. icon_shrug.gif

Sorry if I seem a bit picky about a label, but Let's Play means "let us play" rather than "watch this video of stuff happening." icon_shrug.gif

Yeah I was going to add voice but my laptop mic is terrible. A microphone is something I need to invest on in the future. Like I said before, I'm still new to this so I still got a long way to go. Thanks for the advice. I'll see what I can do about voice. After all, only 2 users here in PureZC have heard my actual voice.

For now, I'll make it a non-verbal text commentary before I get a microphone.

Edited by Dawnlight, 21 September 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#5 Xenix

Xenix

Well excuse me princess.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

I watched all the videos and I have to say that the recording hardware you have was definitely worth it. Fantastic quality. icon_smile.gif Now we just need to get that mic working. icon_lol.gif

#6 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:15 AM

I'm looking at those Turtle Beach headsets. I heard it's a good brand they're cheap too.

For now, I'll finish Chapter 2 in Castlevania as a silent LP. I'll try to get voice by Chapter 3.

Edited by Dawnlight, 22 September 2012 - 10:09 AM.

#7 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

UPDATE:

I placed my order for a Turtle Beach Z11 Headset.

From what I have read, this headset is supposed to be one of the best values you can get for a headset. It was only $32. Other headsets could go for double the price.

So I will finish Chapter 2 of Lords of Shadow as a silent LP and begin Chapter 3 with voice.

Edited by Dawnlight, 22 September 2012 - 10:14 AM.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 22 2012, 09:14 AM) View Post

UPDATE:

I placed my order for a Turtle Beach Z11 Headset.

From what I have read, this headset is supposed to be one of the best values you can get for a headset. It was only $32. Other headsets could go for double the price.

So I will finish Chapter 2 of Lords of Shadow as a silent LP and begin Chapter 3 with voice.

Have you considered going back to the older videos and adding annotation commentary?

#9 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Moosh @ Sep 22 2012, 11:17 AM) View Post

Have you considered going back to the older videos and adding annotation commentary?

If people would want it, then I would. It seems to work very well in DFW's videos.

#10 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:20 AM

Finished watching all of chapter 1, going to watch the other remaining LP segments tomorrow. Very nice LP by the way. icon_smile.gif

#11 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

Good LP so far!, I watched some of it yesterday. and I have to say... damn such a clear image. you really got a nice capture card!

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 22 2012, 12:12 PM) View Post

If people would want it, then I would. It seems to work very well in DFW's videos.

You know I don't really care to read those annotations. (I'm not lazy icon_razz.gif ) I like being to hear some commentary from the player.
Its really nice to hear what they think of certain parts of the game. and it add's to having a enjoyable experience.

#12 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Chapter 2-3 is now up. This time it has voice. I had problems syncing my voice with the game, I'll try to fix that in 2-4 when I upload that tomorrow.

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Chapter 2-4 has been uploaded. lol I love this part. We get to do some TROLLING!!!

2-4 - Waterfalls of Agartha (Part 1)
2-4 - Waterfalls of Agartha (Part 2)

WARNING: Tiny_Dawnlight reference in this video.

#14 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Sep 29 2012, 12:59 AM) View Post

Chapter 2-3 is now up. This time it has voice. I had problems syncing my voice with the game, I'll try to fix that in 2-4 when I upload that tomorrow.

What I usually do is, before starting up anything major during the recording, I open a menu or do something with a distinct sound and say outloud something like 'sync' at the moment I move them menu or something. In editing, I'll sync it up so that when I say 'sync' it matches with the moving in the menu, so that it's like it was when I was actually recording it. It usually works pretty good for me.

I'll have to give these a watch though. icon_smile.gif

#15 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

That's what I'm doing too. I'm using Audacity to record my voice 5-10 seconds after I hit the record button on my PVR. That's why there's a delay in my 2-4 Video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users