Photo

Derisory Substance

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:57 PM

Wow. No DS? icon_cry.gif

So wait. Is it completely removed, or just hidden, to be fully removed later? Cuz I wanted to see whether anything could've possibly been Archived first. icon_unsettled.gif

#32 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

I believe everything was archived... you might want to check for yourself. Maybe pay some final respects while you're at it. icon_frown.gif

#33 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:59 PM

It is not deleted. It is just hidden in a forum that can be seen only by those that need to see it.

So, there will be some threads to be saved from it. And it just may return some time down the road. Just don't hold your breath because that could be quite some time.

#34 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

Yeah, I agree. We all need a break from randomness.

It'd probably force a mature air over the members, which would be a good thing, but that's probably the point of this decision. Please note that I haven't read the whole topic. icon_smile.gif

If anything, are we allowed to request topics to be Archived? I know that WATER!!!! was too big to just get destroyed. icon_unsettled.gif

#35 Rocksfan13

Rocksfan13

Looks best in Blue

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:05 PM

Sure. I don't see why not. But whether or not they are revived is totally a staff decision.

There are some I'd like to see remain too. icon_wink.gif

#36 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

Oh wait, I just saw DS in its read-only form. icon_heh.gif

So yeah, at this point, I can only think of the WATER!!!! thread to be Archived, as well as KTT. icon_unsettled.gif

#37 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

I agree, the DS needs to be closed. At least for now. There was just not enough funny(I am guilty of this, as well.) So, Goodnight DS may you awaken to a new spiritual comedy someday.

#38 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE(Old-skool @ Jan 30 2008, 03:48 PM) View Post

Skipper is one of the youngest people here, so don't tell me you can't do it.

People, to follow along with what Old-skool said:

Age has very, very little to do with maturity.

I mean... yeah. I may not be mature in some areas... and I have a long way to go to reach that maturity. But I try. I strive for it, in fact.

So, to all members of PureZC: Age has very little to do with maturity. Sure, it may influence it a little, since with less an age comes less life experience, but... beyond that, there is no excuse. Honestly, I hate it when someone who's being immature blames it on their age. I hate it.

...And now. On to the topic of DS being closed:

There were quite a few topics that were... well, to say the least, worthy of being called good. But, there were also quite a few topics that weren't funny, offended others, and were... well, just plain dumb. Even now, I'm not sure if removing DS was the right choice. But, like I said before... what other choice WAS there? In order to weed out the troublemakers, we were to weed out the rumored source. And now, we must see if general immaturity ceases.

(...And on a side note, I'm 14. Which is old in my book. ;P )

Edited by Skipper, 30 January 2008 - 05:44 PM.

#39 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:10 PM

On that side note, Skipper - I'm younger than you. icon_razz.gif

May I make a suggestion? How about you re-open DS(not now... later, after we've all simmered down) and don't let any non-Mods make threads? You'd need to ask for a thread from a Mod. In addition to that, it could operate hidden like the Debate Room, and you'd need to have 100 posts and permission to enter.

Just suggestions. icon_smile.gif

It is not deleted. It is just hidden in a forum that can be seen only by those that need to see it.

I realized that when I linked myself to a DS Topic and I got in. icon_smile.gif

#40 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

sounds excellent to me. But you can't rule out that debate thread may have created some terrors too.

#41 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Wow. So that's what I missed. Amazing what happens when I miss a day of internet. What I saw as DS is frozen in time is another fad (a repeated fad, even). Aside from another reason I will not mention, I'm glad to see Derisory Substance getting a break. Besides, it will give me time to think of something original (unintentionally creates a second Unph41l this Thread X).

#42 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

ZOMG! Why is DS back? Is it a site glitch?

EDIT: Most certainly a site glitch. After I refreshed, it was gone.

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 30 January 2008 - 09:32 PM.

#43 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 09:38 PM

I keep thinking of a forum with one or two members here who are moderators, who have the power to approve any posts and threads made. Naturally, that implies that all posts and threads made within such a forum would be moderated, meaning they would remain entirely invisible until approved by said moderators.

Moderators not meaning staff, but meaning two members put in charge of the forum.

But .. er .. I'm just thinking aloud, sort of.

#44 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jan 30 2008, 11:38 PM) View Post
I keep thinking of a forum with one or two members here who are moderators, who have the power to approve any posts and threads made. Naturally, that implies that all posts and threads made within such a forum would be moderated, meaning they would remain entirely invisible until approved by said moderators.

Sounds good, but it may take more than two.

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 30 January 2008 - 11:02 PM.

#45 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

• Members

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:59 PM

I think that would be a heck of a lot of work for the people chosen, but if they're up for it, that's a good idea.

But I still like the limited access idea. Less work, same advantages.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users