• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

#61 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 8 2013, 05:50 AM) View Post

Now as far as the ideas I've wanted to have in the sequel, it 'appears' that Peteo is honoring my final wishes, but again, without talking in depth with him. I cannot be certain, but I'll be happy with whatever he produces. However, since it seems he won't be doing my virus idea, I guess there is no harm in revealing what 'could have been.' Morlach was originally supposed to have been transformed into a virus and attached himself to Link's body as Link escaped the original Lost Isle. Upon landed on a new, more populated island, Morlach seized the opportunity to use the lives and souls of the islanders there to revive his power. (Morlach being a soul sucker, and the first letter of his name reflecting the name of the soul he last devoured; so his primary name is Orlach) His power is equal to that of the last soul he ate, so the more powerful the soul, the more power given to his transformed demon body. So obviously he is VERY keen on having Link's soul. So he sets a plague on the island to start infecting everyone and everything. The main gameplay gimmick was a past/future thing where the future was the island devastated by the plague and everyone dead or infected. Link would be constantly exposed and hurt by the airborne Orlach virus in this world without proper safe areas or equipment. So he had to go back and forth between times to right all the wrongs of Orlach on this island, all the while getting more and more infected and crippled himself in the process.
Ah well, that was the original plan anyway. Whatever Peteo comes up with to replace this I'm sure will be just as good. icon_smile.gif

That sounds kinda familiar...But yeah, that sounds like a really cool idea. It's a shame it couldn't make it into the final game. I think it would be really cool to see Link gradually develop side effects as the story progresses. How would you have handled it if it had been included? Would Link take damage periodically? Would Link actually collapse and become vulnerable to enemy attacks? Maybe it could actually have proved helpful to the player at times by having times when Link slips out of control altogether and the Morlach within him completely wrecks all the enemies onscreen like a sort of berserker mode? Would there have been a bad ending where the virus consumes him altogether? Can you tell I really like this idea and I'm kinda bummed it didn't work out?

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 8 2013, 09:46 AM) View Post

My one bit of advice to you Peteo on Lost Isle 2: Don't suck! icon_lol.gif
But...what if Vacuum Mouth?
IPB Image

Edited by Moosh, 08 April 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#62 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 8 2013, 05:50 AM) View Post

Morlach was originally supposed to have been transformed into a virus and attached himself to Link's body as Link escaped the original Lost Isle. Upon landed on a new, more populated island, Morlach seized the opportunity to use the lives and souls of the islanders there to revive his power. (Morlach being a soul sucker, and the first letter of his name reflecting the name of the soul he last devoured; so his primary name is Orlach) His power is equal to that of the last soul he ate, so the more powerful the soul, the more power given to his transformed demon body. So obviously he is VERY keen on having Link's soul. So he sets a plague on the island to start infecting everyone and everything. The main gameplay gimmick was a past/future thing where the future was the island devastated by the plague and everyone dead or infected. Link would be constantly exposed and hurt by the airborne Orlach virus in this world without proper safe areas or equipment. So he had to go back and forth between times to right all the wrongs of Orlach on this island, all the while getting more and more infected and crippled himself in the process.
Ah well, that was the original plan anyway. Whatever Peteo comes up with to replace this I'm sure will be just as good. icon_smile.gif

This can still be used on another quest. I like the fact that Link would get "more and more infected and crippled in the process". That makes me think someone could make a quest where Link becomes a zombie and the side effects become worse as the game goes on. By the end of the game he could be green coloured and needing to feed on people.

#63 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

I liked the idea too Moosh, which is why I had it originally for Lost Isle 2.

#64 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:08 PM

Well if there's any possibility of salvaging the idea, I just wanna let Peteo know that he has my sword. Not that he'll need it since he has one of the best ZScripters out there supporting him already.

#65 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:03 PM

Again, the virus idea wasn't scrapped because of ZC limitations. I just couldn't make it work due to story reasons. Also, the idea was a bit too obviously from Metroid Corruption so I'm not even sure if people would've liked the idea. Sure it would have been something new and cool for a ZC quest but it's not that big of a let down not to have such a thing IMO.

What comes to scripting help and all other kinds of help, I can never have too much of that so all help is welcomed. icon_wink.gif

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf)
Working on Lost Isle 3!

Wait... what? How can you be working on LI3 when LI2 hasn't even started production yet. icon_freak.gif

Edited by Peteo, 09 April 2013 - 01:05 PM.

#66 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Just started working on Lost Isle 5.

#67 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

Working on Lost Isle -4.

Also really looking forward LI2!

#68 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Apr 9 2013, 11:03 AM) View Post

Wait... what? How can you be working on LI3 when LI2 hasn't even started production yet. icon_freak.gif

Ha ha! Was wondering when someone would notice! Yes, I've already got the next three sequels planned and deferred out to other quest designers. Shane is working on 4, NewJourneysFire is working on 5, you are working on 2, and I'm working on 3. It'll be this massive, epic journey Link is undertaking to remove Morlach forever! And I'll even introduce an even greater evil than Morlach in Lost Isle 3! Stay tuned! icon_deformed.gif

#69 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 10 2013, 04:02 PM) View Post

Ha ha! Was wondering when someone would notice! Yes, I've already got the next three sequels planned and deferred out to other quest designers. Shane is working on 4, NewJourneysFire is working on 5, you are working on 2, and I'm working on 3. It'll be this massive, epic journey Link is undertaking to remove Morlach forever! And I'll even introduce an even greater evil than Morlach in Lost Isle 3! Stay tuned! icon_deformed.gif

Okay okay I got it, but please let me finish LI2 before you all release your LI sequels. Otherwise it would be a big mess... icon_mad.gif

Edited by Peteo, 10 April 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#70 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:55 AM

Since this topic is about LI i think its a good place to talk about you DFW and Peteo. I've watched your walkthrough, DFW and read your developer comments. What you were describing there in Level 3 has shocked me :O

From what I read there, it seems that Peteo has started the fight by making various things and details in the quests better without asking DFW if she liked those changes. DFW was angry and said she would change it all back to how it was before. Then Peteo has not given her back the quest anymore because he feared that DFW would break any parts of the quest. Did I remember all this right?

Since this is only DFW's version of the story I can not, say that Peteo was the one who made working together as a team complicated later in the quest.

I know you both are not on bad terms each other, but I though I'd still post this icon_biggrin.gif

Looking forward to all these new Lost Isle's! icon_lol.gif

#71 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:12 AM

/me beats Avataro with a big, ugly stick!

I thought we all agreed not to bring up past...stuffs in Lost Isle topics again? O.o
  • Binx likes this

#72 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

Aw, but its the first time I'm bringing it up ;D

#73 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE(DarkFlameWolf @ Apr 10 2013, 07:02 AM) View Post

IPB Image
Can I make Lost Isle X-2? Seriously not sure if you're joking or not...icon_razz.gif

#74 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE(Avataro @ Apr 10 2013, 04:55 PM) View Post

Since this is only DFW's version of the story

Yes, it is only DFW's side of the story. You haven't heard my side of the story and won't because we've already got one thread locked. Can you guys please not bring this topic up anymore. I know everyone loves drama and there was more than enough drama with Lost Isle 1, but what happened between me and Wolfie should stay between me and Wolfie.

Now I'm happy to discuss Lost Isle 1 and 2 in any other way possible. So let's stay on topic and talk about the quests, not the people behind them. Thanks. icon_smile.gif
  • Avaro likes this

#75 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:58 AM

Okay Peteo, sorry for this. icon_biggrin.gif
This is actually my all time favourite quest! I have a question: what was the reason that LI only used the basic ZC items?? There was no hookshot, no hammer, etc. Maybe the quest would have been even better with some more items, what do both of you think about?

Edited by Avataro, 10 April 2013 - 11:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users