ZC

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

Here we have SCKnuckles' Worst Nightmare, an interesting ZC quest made by EddyTheOliviera with music by SCKnuckles himself.  Interesting quest that is still in a fairly basic format, but doesn't exactly use triforce pieces.  Has a bit of stuff that trolls around with SCKnuckles just for fun.  Goal here is to get SCKnuckles out of this nightmare and back into the real world, however that's going to work.  Also a number of shoutouts to various people as you'll see as the quest progresses.

Wasn't planning to do this at first, but after testing it out, it's actually fairly balanced and doesn't take too long to do.  So let's work on getting him out of this little nightmare

Part 1 - Basics with some grinding, which doesn't take too long to get money quickly.  Lots of Sonic music apparently.  And yeah, that F6-Continue at the start is used to evade a "mandatory" game over, which I have no problem exploiting, so we can keep our deathless run intact.

Edited by pixcalibur, 05 October 2015 - 11:27 PM.

• Eddy and KingPridenia like this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

This is gonna be great to watch. Looking forward to seeing how fast you can get through this one :P

• KingPridenia likes this

#3 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:57 PM

This is gonna be great to watch. Looking forward to seeing how fast you can get through this one :P

Lol, you know that my runs aren't fast in general.  However, this isn't too long, so not too much detouring around, but we'll see if we can fit some sequence breaking in if possible.

• Eddy likes this

#4 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

Lol, you know that my runs aren't fast in general.  However, this isn't too long, so not too much detouring around, but we'll see if we can fit some sequence breaking in if possible.

This is gonna be interesting then. I've never seen someone sequence break this quest before so this is gonna be cool to watch.

#5 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

Part 2 - Going through level 1.  Nothing too tricky here, but a quick pit stop out of the level to pick up something will help out with the rest of the level.  Then it's time for slow ice mechanics

• Eddy likes this

#6 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, ice physics seem like a pain to script. Of the Zeldas I played, Minish Cap and the Oracles did the ice mechanic best. Seems like for Zelda Classic, ice is very hard to script such that it's not a complete PAIN to walk on. At this point, I almost think having ice simply be made a "Slow Walk" combo is better. Then again, ice and sliding are probably just as strongly disliked as water levels. Can't wait to see the 2nd Subscriber Spirit rescued.

#7 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

Yeah, ice physics seem like a pain to script. Of the Zeldas I played, Minish Cap and the Oracles did the ice mechanic best. Seems like for Zelda Classic, ice is very hard to script such that it's not a complete PAIN to walk on. At this point, I almost think having ice simply be made a "Slow Walk" combo is better. Then again, ice and sliding are probably just as strongly disliked as water levels. Can't wait to see the 2nd Subscriber Spirit rescued.

Yeah, ice there is more sliding without the major slowdown on startup.  And water levels aren't that bad as long as they don't reach the OoT level of annoyance.

And it's gonna be a small bit before the next spirit.  Knowing me, I'm gonna look for anything to take detours on

#8 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 October 2015 - 02:51 AM

Ice in the Oracles were perfect, and I hope someone turns that into a script for use in ZC. But yeah, I just solely did this to annoy Knuckles, it worked :P

Anyways, that was a cool run of Level 1, looking forward to seeing the next part.

#9 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Part 3 - We'll just pick up some stuff from level 2 for now.  Yeah, I tend to leave stuff half finished if convenient, as there are some goodies we can get in the meantime.  Since we're next to where we need to go next anyway, may as well go for the next level

• Eddy likes this

#10 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

Looking pretty good! Nice job with sequence breaking there, I'm sure that's gonna help later down the road :P

#11 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

Part 4 - May as well take out level 3 since we're here.  After that, we can go back to clean up level 2 and get ourselves back on track.

And Whirling Dervish FTW  :tard:

• Eddy likes this

#12 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

I can see that the Whirling Dervish is gonna help out loads in the future :P

Looking forward to seeing Level 4.

#13 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

Part 5 - Into level 4, the desert place.  Interesting gimmicks here, though a bit of backtracking involved

• Eddy likes this

#14 TK8305

TK8305

I <3 Miyu

• Members

Posted 14 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

Good going so far on this quest Pix!  :3

#15 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:09 AM

Yeah, Level 4 definitely requires a few backtracking segments here and there, but it is definitely my favourite dungeon in the quest :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ZC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users