• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:52 AM

IPB Image

I've begun work on recreating the Newfirst tileset. The colors are organized, the tiles and combos will be organized, and the colors will look smoother. This tileset will not gouge out your eyes with a rusty knife.

I also want to make it complete by geting as much of the Gameboy Zelda game graphics as possible.

If there is any changes you'd like done with the palletes let me know.

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 06:50 AM

Excellent work with the palette. icon_smile.gif You're trying to do the same thing with Newfirst that I did with BS (tone the palette down).

Skateboarder11 did this with Newfirst, too, but I have to admit I like your palette better. So far, at least.

Oh, and please tell me you're only joking about calling "NEWNewFirst"...I admit that I named my BS remake "New BS," but too many tileset authors just tack on the word "new" whenever they continue something that was originally somebody else's project.

(Besides, the alternatives, "Pure BS" and "Total BS," just didn't sound right...)

#3 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 07:28 AM

I'm either going to call it Newfirst, or maybe Super Gameboy Tileset(providing the title isn't taken by the time I finish)

Thanks.

Edited by Master_of_Power, 29 January 2007 - 07:32 AM.

#4 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:22 AM

I recommend using the name "Super Gameboy Tileset." icon_wink.gif icon_thumbsup.gif It sounds more original. Since the maker of Newfirst didn't "hand over the keys" to the tileset (I assume), there's no reason not to give it a new name to reflect your personal touch.

And since there aren't that many tilesets that are expressly modelled after the Gameboy games, your name is probably safe...

#5 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

I hue-shifted the pallete to make it more interesting, but I didn't get quite what I wanted because Newfirst only has 3-4 shades per color. icon_razz.gif

IPB Image

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 January 2007 - 05:57 PM

Either way, they don't burn my eyes, MoP and FW. Noicely done. I've been hoping for a better version. Are you going to add house tiles as well? It get's annoying ripping them into the newfirst set. And maybe some more dungeon wall varieties.

#7 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:36 PM

I'm adding as much as I can without it turning into another pure set.

#8 trip i fall

trip i fall

Magus

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

Good luck with that. Just don't do what I did with my Gameboy tileset, and put it on hold for 6 months. But luckily I am working on it again.

So, yeah, I'd love to see this. Possibly compare it to mine. And knowing my ability to produce tilesets, possibly learn from it.

#9 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(Fire Wizzrobe @ Jan 29 2007, 12:35 PM) View Post

I hue-shifted the pallete to make it more interesting, but I didn't get quite what I wanted because Newfirst only has 3-4 shades per color. icon_razz.gif

IPB Image

Wow, that look has so much more... realisism! icon_wink.gif

"Brown?"

"Yep! Haven't you heard? Real is brown."

Link.

....Seriously though, I do actually like your palette edit, Fire Wizzrobe.

#10 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(trip i fall @ Jan 30 2007, 06:57 PM) View Post

Good luck with that. Just don't do what I did with my Gameboy tileset, and put it on hold for 6 months. But luckily I am working on it again.

So, yeah, I'd love to see this. Possibly compare it to mine. And knowing my ability to produce tilesets, possibly learn from it.

No, no, no, I put it on hold for 6 months XD

#11 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Jan 30 2007, 05:06 PM) View Post

"Yep! Haven't you heard? Real is brown."

Link.

VGcats is so awesome, just check my avatar icon_smile.gif "Ahh my leg benders!"
Anyway, good luck on doing this tileset. I was going to do one with the exact concept as you were going to, but I lost interest a few days later after I made the post. I may see if I ever get around it but probably not. Good luck man.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users