Kirby's Adventure Tileset

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#226 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

So it has, so it has! I haven't been working on it as of late, because of vacations and things... sorry! But, as a Tileset, it'll work in 2.10. As a game, it will definitely NOT work in 2.10. (because Kirby is entirely scripted) But, the tiles and combos will work in 2.10 just fine, I imagine. icon_wink.gif

Anyways, thanks a bunches! icon_biggrin.gif

#227 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:54 PM

Do you think you could make a 2.10 friendly version? icon_smile.gif

#228 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

Eh... I dunno... I mean, it might be possible, but flight and inhalation definitely won't be. icon_razz.gif We'll see, though! But, the beta 2.5 builds aren't all that bad nowadays. icon_wink.gif Most of the feared bugs have been eliminated!

#229 Din

Din

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

Okay, I've begun redrawing enemies from a sprite sheet. I'm redrawing them 'cause, well... the spritesheet I got divides the enemies enough so that ZQuest can't rip them. No worries, for I've been at work. Ah yes, I also found Kirby ability sprites, cards, and even the end-of-level minigame. I should have the enemies done soon, and I'll submit them when I finish.

#230 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:35 PM

You know if you press 'S' while you're ripping you can rip to the nearest pixel rather than to the nearest tile, right?

#231 Din

Din

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

Uh... icon_doh.gif

Right... er... I guess I'll finish a little bit sooner now... icon_heh.gif

#232 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 07:04 PM

Heh, I made that same mistake! I tried to recreate the first few levels of Kirby's Adventure before I learned that little tidbit! lol

But, also, I feel I should mention... Blaman has been ripping the normal enemies... Sorry, I should've posted that update sooner! (me and blaman have been chattin' it up on DeviantART, so... yeah)
Sorry again! But please don't get discouraged! The end-of-level game still needs ripping (so you're good there), as do Kirby cards and sprites! Just the enemies have been getting done, probably as we speak...

But thanks very much! It's very appreciated!

So, now, for the record, Din is doing Ability Cards, Sprites, and the End Level Minigame!

Edited by AgentLym, 19 July 2009 - 07:08 PM.

#233 Din

Din

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 19 July 2009 - 11:41 PM

Okay, I'll do just that then. I'll start with the minigame this week.

#234 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

So all the normal enemies are practically done. I need to still seek out the extra colours they use, and then I'll get to mini-bosses, then the bosses.

#235 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:09 AM

I haven't much kept up with this, what's the progress on this tileset?
Is it close to completion?
Did you use my subscreen?

IPB Image

#236 MrMister

MrMister

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:30 PM

Seriously, I hope the tileset is going smoothly.

#237 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:49 PM

@ Blaman
Cool kid! (heh, short comment icon_razz.gif)

@ Zemious
Yep, it's still being worked on! Mostly just organization and extra special effects and stuff to go. But, I think there's still alot of coding left to do; I'm waiting for Joe123 to get back with me on that.

But, as for the subscreen, I think we're going to go with the original. But, I don't see why we couldn't include both, since it would essentially just be copying/pasting a bit of code (the code that creates the normal subscreen) and changing a line or two of it to change the tiles it uses... But that would also include having to recolor all of them, and all the large subscreens and such. For now, it's a possibility, but not a certainty. Sorry! icon_razz.gif

And I imagine it's fairly close to being finished, but I've been unnaturally busy this summer (believe it or not, my girlfriend moved in 26 steps away from my house!), so I haven't been on the computer as much as I used to... But I'm definitely not going to let this die without a fight! To be honest, though, I completely forgot about this until I decided to check PureZC after a two-or-so week break! icon_heh.gif I really have to start getting back to my organizing of the combos... heh...

#238 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:12 PM

Been working on making the enemies usable in ZQuest, but I've hit a small snare and need to know how you wanted the CSets to be arranged for the sprites.
I'm pretty confident I've found the extra colours, but I'll continue to look.

#239 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Members

Posted 05 August 2009 - 10:12 PM

Hm... the c-set configuration probably could be... (I haven't made it yet, but here's a pretty good plan I've just come up with... icon_heh.gif ) Maybe this'll work?:

0) Transparency - that's a given
1) Black - that's also a given icon_razz.gif Every enemy seems to use black... including Kirby.
2,3) Dark Tan, Light Tan - that's the basic color of the enemies
4,5 / 6,7 / 8,9 / 10,11 / 12,13 / 14,15 ) Any other color-combos that might be found! (like, Dark Blue and Light Blue; Dark Red and Light Red; Yellow and White; Gray and White; whatever icon_wink.gif )

That'll give us... one, two, three... seven different color variants for one c-set! If there are any more variants (which there probably are), aren't there more c-sets that are set aside for sprites? I trust you; use whichever c-sets are preferable! ^-^

Hope that helps! icon_razz.gif

Edited by AgentLym, 05 August 2009 - 10:14 PM.

#240 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:01 PM

Already, sounds good.

I just want to pass this through before I go ahead and actually do it:

My plan was to actually seperate the colours among several CSets, but keep similar colours together. (Example: There are 2 or so variants of green. I'd put them with the blues in the set, and make that one CSet. Another might be red and orange.)

Does that sound good?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users