Burn Treatments?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:29 PM

Well, I got home from tennins practice at 10:00, and was kind of tired, and touched a very hot piece of ceramic. Ouch. I ran my thumb and index finger through some cool water and put some lidocaine (sunburn outment) on it. My index finger is fine, but my thumb is probably going to blister. Does anyone know any pain relieving techniques?

#2 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:34 PM

I've burned my hand by accidentally touching the top of an oven once, and it began to blister(under my fingernails... ouch).

Anyway, I just wrapped it in a wet rag and it felt better after a while, I don't know if this will help you, but it helped me a lot.

#3 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

Maybe like ice it or something? Just look it up on the internet or some kind of book or something, I've never burned myself so I'm not too sure.

#4 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:29 AM

Aloe. If you have easy access to the actual plant, even better. Break the stalk open, and squeeze out the juice. It's a little wierd feeling, and looking (Like rubbing your hand with snot). Just don't wash it off afterwards; Let it dry on the burned area, and you won't even notice a burn in a half hour

Trust me, I'm an idiot when it comes to touching hot things

#5 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:49 AM

Normally, I'm not completely retarded around hot things. I guess Ijust wanted to touch the top of a scented oil lamp... icon_sweat.gif

I have aloe vera lotion, but I'm not sure if lotion is good for a burn.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:48 AM

Ehh, I've burned my hand on a stove before. Apparently I just wanted to touch a stove...

#7 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 2 2007, 10:49 PM) View Post

Normally, I'm not completely retarded around hot things. I guess Ijust wanted to touch the top of a scented oil lamp... icon_sweat.gif

I have aloe vera lotion, but I'm not sure if lotion is good for a burn.

Well, I doubt it would hurt it any more, so I'd give it a shot

#8 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:45 AM

Neosporin (sp?) would probably work well, as well as anything aloe/vitamin E based.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users