Photo

Wiis are sold out everywhere.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

I can finally afford a Wii, so I went out to buy one Tuesday. I went first to Wal-Mart. Sold out. Then to GameStop. Sold out. Rinse and repeat for Target then Meijer. However, the Meijer guy said to come back Sunday, so I will.

I guess this is pretty much to say that the Wii still rocks, apparently. :D Now, if only they ordered alot more in their shipments... :sweat: (GameStop said they only get three per shipment :badrazz: )

• Evan20000 likes this

#2 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:40 PM

icon_odd.gif Wiis are still selling like hotcakes? It's been over half a year since its release. I'd like to compare the Wii's sales to the NES's, SNES's, and N64's sales. I think probably only the SNES has sold out like this.

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:41 PM

Well, Nintendo is ahead in sales altogether above Sony and Microsoft this time around. No surprise of lack of Wiis.

Probably may not be the same for you, but...
Over here, Toys 'R' Us gets small Wii shipments every day between 12-1 PM.

#4 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

I just called Toys 'R Us, and got REALLY pissed off.

The woman comes up saying "Thank you for calling Toys 'R Us. How may I help you?" - The general response. icon_rolleyes.gif

So I ask "Do you have any Nintendo Wiis in stock-" Before I could even finish the sentence, she says "No we don't" with a pissy tone and hangs up before I can thank her... icon_evil.gif

#5 erm2003

erm2003

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

I must have the greatest luck in the world. I found and purchased my Wii in a Toys R Us at 4 PM on Black Friday. It was just a stroke of luck. I can't seen them in stores much since. Good luck finding one.

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:30 PM

It's looking like my best bet is to wait until Sunday for Meijer to restock.

The thing is, the guy at GameStop was nice. We walked in, and he's like, "Hey! How are you all doing today? Is there anything I can help you with?" We asked if they had any Wiis, so he says "We just sold out today. But we get shipments every day at noon, and we're supposed to get some more next week. Try calling then, but you might have to leave immediately if we say we do." The people at Wal-Mart and Target told us that they sold out and didn't know when they'd get anymore. The guy at Meijer told me that the best bet would be to try Sunday.

Contrast all of those with the Toys 'R Us clerk. icon_sweat.gif

Though fortunately, it seems that nice store clerks are easier to find than Wiis.

I considered buying one online, but then you'd have all those shipping costs I don't want.

#7 erm2003

erm2003

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

It's all about being in the right place at the right time. A friend of mine thought he saw some Wiis in one of our Best Buy stores up here. They were probably sold out fairly quickly if that was true. Just go out shopping without trying to find one, and maybe you will.

#8 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:56 PM

You know this console thing is staring to become strange.

PS3

THEN: People beat the crap out of each other to buy the system at release date.

NOW: I see about 10-20 of them on shelves at Best Buy.

Wii

THEN: Sold out like hotcakes

NOW: Still sell out like hot cakes icon_razz.gif

Xbox360 Elite

THEN: Not that many people are interested

NOW: Barely see them at stores

Edited by Trimaster001, 28 June 2007 - 07:56 PM.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:31 PM

Heh. Pretty much. I saw a clerk using a large pile of PS3 Boxes as a footstool while he slept. Someone behind me in the line threw a magazine at the guy (There was only me, the clerk, and this other guy in the store on this lazy hazy Thursday afternoon.) behind the clerk, and he thought it was me. icon_heh.gif

I "heard' that Best Buy still stocks a few of them. I guess I'll just have to investigate!

So Gamestop gets a new shipment every day at .. Noon? ... ... Hmmmm....

#10 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

That's odd. Whenever I go to any gaming store they always have enough. I was at a store when three guys came in and all bought wiis and they had enough, at a very small game store.

#11 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jun 28 2007, 10:29 PM) View Post
I can finally afford a Wii, so I went out to buy one Tuesday. I went first to Wal-Mart. Sold out. Then to GameStop. Sold out. Rinse and repeat for Target then Meijer. However, the Meijer guy said to come back Sunday, so I will.

I guess this is pretty much to say that the Wii still rocks, apparently. icon_biggrin.gif Now, if only they ordered alot more in their shipments... icon_sweat.gif (GameStop said they only get three per shipment icon_badrazz.gif )

Heh. Same story here. They sell at like, one per second here in Europe. I'm so lucky to have got one on launch day. icon_razz.gif

#12 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE(erm2003 @ Jun 28 2007, 08:51 PM) View Post

A friend of mine thought he saw some Wiis in one of our Best Buy stores up here. They were probably sold out fairly quickly if that was true.

They were probably display cases. icon_badrazz.gif
QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 28 2007, 09:31 PM) View Post

So Gamestop gets a new shipment every day at .. Noon? ... ... Hmmmm....

They get a new shipment every day, but it doesn't always includes Wiis. It may be different in your area, but the guy at the GameStop near me says that they probably won't get any till next week.
QUOTE(Comix @ Jun 29 2007, 11:21 AM) View Post

That's odd. Whenever I go to any gaming store they always have enough. I was at a store when three guys came in and all bought wiis and they had enough, at a very small game store.

iiiinteresting. icon_deformed.gif

But your profile card says you're from Canada. It's probably not all that easy down south. (Geesh, that felt weird to say since I live in Ohio, which borders Canada. icon_deformed.gif )

@Trimaster's analysis:

Yeah, I saw PS3s at the stores, as well as 360s, just no Wiis. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by The Satellite, 29 June 2007 - 11:15 AM.

#13 Old Inactive Member

Old Inactive Member

I'm back sorta.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE(Limzo @ Jun 29 2007, 04:22 PM) View Post

Heh. Same story here. They sell at like, one per second here in Europe. I'm so lucky to have got one on launch day. icon_razz.gif

That's why you pre order but I know a place in the UK you can get wiis , still (my friend got one a few weeks ago from that place that i did on lunch day)

But the PS3 is not selling you can see that by all the boxes yes. So looks like Nintendo is back on top

Also to the salitlight, order one from a shop and when they get more in stock you go and get it

#14 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

It's not that a lot of people are still out buying them, it's just that Nintendo's shipping 4/5 per shipment...

Sam's Club has a few, though... or they did the last time I went there, at least (they had about 5 just sitting under an unmanned service booth).

#15 Highsight

Highsight

Jake Wins

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:54 PM

They have been sold out forever, but I FINALLY found one just two days ago at GameStop. Truly an amazing system, and worth the almost year long wait. ^_^

Edited by Highsight, 30 June 2007 - 07:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users