• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:21 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Lud1qceKqyQ

while trying to find a cure for cancer, John Kanzuis found something way more awesome.

#2 Papa

Papa

Disruptive and obnoxious member since 2005

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:39 PM

Whoa, good find; this would be amazing to get into mass production.
And I can only imagine the many other applications and uses that could arise from this find.
ESPECIALLY if he can still use it for his original purpose, to kill cancerous cells.

~apoetalone~

#3 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:48 PM

It's definitely brilliant, but... it won't happen. Why?

No more use of gas = fall in economy. People lose jobs, gas companies cease to exist; and that's just much more important than the benefit of humankind! icon_rolleyes.gif

It would have been great, too. Would have rectified flooding a bit, and most likely the atmospheric problems.

And the cure for cancer of his probably won't go through, either. Population is extreme, and people want cancer around to kill off. It's awful, but the truth.

I think its about time the US made restrictions on how many children you can have. That should fix population a bit in due time, and a cancer cure to go along. It's nobody's choice to get cancer. They don't deserve to die because they get it.

Edited by Exate, 28 June 2007 - 04:50 PM.

#4 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:53 PM

I would assume that introducing this fuel would take a while. Making compatible cars, mass production, efficiency problems, etc. It's safe to assume that by the time Saltwater is commercially available(cars too), gasoline would've run out by then. We only have about 40-50 years of it left.

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 28 June 2007 - 04:54 PM.

#5 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:55 PM

I think I see what you're saying. Lots of money revolve around oil. If salt water replaced oil, fuel would be dirt cheap, and gas stations will have to sell so low, going above a nickel will be considered price-galging (sp?). Of course, gas stations would then earn so little money per year, that they'll close down from its own cheap product, because they can't buy diddily-squat with chump change.

Maybe salt water should be sold at Wal-Mart. icon_blah.gif

But, I'd rather see salt water used as fuel than have the idea abandoned for the sake of employment. Who knows? Maybe the benefit of very cheap fuel would most likely eliminate shipping charges and stuff.

#6 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(Animus01)
Maybe the benefit of very cheap fuel would most likely eliminate shipping charges and stuff.

So one would think/hope. But, really. Life is economy, practically.

Despite there being so much of the damn water, and it causing flooding problems, they'll still charge you for it. People will find any methods they can to even earn a dime, these days.

#7 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:19 PM

Umm... hello? (general statement, not directed specifically at anyone)

If fuel is dirt cheap, that means more money in people's pockets! It's about 60-70 dollars to fill a tank to the brim, versus about a dollar (assuming 5 cents a gallon) to fill up on ocean water. an extra $60 can buy food for lower-middle income families. I know my family is flat broke when bills (mortgage mostly, and car) come. An extra 60 bucks would sure help.

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 28 June 2007 - 05:19 PM.

#8 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:58 PM

You know what would happen here? The government would tax the crap out of salt then. They'd make transportation of ocean/sea water illegal, and then they'd have no need for oil because in the end, they'd be making just as much money.

Damn, this would make such a good debate.

#9 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:30 PM

I can garuntee Oil Companies will buy this guy out to stop telling people.

#10 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:33 PM

-_-
I don't really care about the money people makes.
This helps the earth...
well maybe.
Depends on how the president uses it.
Tax it? restrict stuff on oceans?
Well that's bad.

BUT if he didn't went that way.
This would be great, we would have more fresh air.
And we have plenty of salt... water....

It might run out in like in ten thousand to one million years. cause population is growing still.

*Sigh*
It's a good thing, but also bad.

I just DO hope people use it the RIGHT way.

#11 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:35 PM

Just because water will burn doesn't mean the water will be used up. It talked about taking the hydrogen out of the oxygen and burning it in a chemical reaction. The hydrogen would still mix with the oxygen and it would continue a cycle.

#12 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:46 PM

um yah that all nice but I like it cause they make salt water burn. icon_biggrin.gif

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:55 AM

This is really interesting.
However, when he said 'water is the most abundant *element* in the world', I found it slightly harder to take it seriously.

#14 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:45 AM

Would it really be cheaper? It's $2-4 for a ****in 16oz (1/8th of a gallon) bottle of water (minus the salt), and about the same for a whole gallon of gas. icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 30 June 2007 - 06:46 AM.

#15 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE(Mr. Pimpy @ Jun 30 2007, 06:45 AM) View Post

Would it really be cheaper? It's $2-4 for a ****in 16oz (1/8th of a gallon) bottle of water (minus the salt), and about the same for a whole gallon of gas. icon_unsettled.gif

That's because the water goes through a purification process and stuff before being shipped to stores. The $2-4 you're paying may not just be for the water. I'm just assuming the salt water doesn't need to go through any process before being used as fuel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users