• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

This would've gone much easier if you'd said that from the beginning. :P

Oh, that's a valid reason why? Sorry I didn't know. I thought we had to write 1 paragraph essays justifying our opinions or else we are put on trial. :lol: (just joking)

#17 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:56 PM

I'm saying I didn't know you didn't like the original N64 Rainbow Road to begin with, dingus. You made it sound like you did since you only mentioned the remake and compared it to the Wii version, which is confusing to me since, well, the N64 one came first obviously, and the remake isn't that much different, so in a roundabout way to me it's more like the Wii version stole from the N64 one, somehow. But it didn't. It stole from DS and Double Dash. :tard:

#18 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

The remake of the N64 version added elements that make it feel like the Wii Version but doesn't play anything better than the Wii Version imo. Do I give a detailed million dollar valid answer Professor Obi-won? :D

You know i'm just joking around. I'm not offended at all. :lol:

#19 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

I wasn't asking you to explain yourself further. :blah:

#20 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

The reason I liked TS' post is because well, I simply agree with him.  In fact, I hadn't read your post because I was just reading the newest post at the time.  I think the N64 Rainbow Road remake is fantastic but I wish it were at least 2 full laps instead of 1 lap segmented into 3 smaller ones, because it's just too short as it is to enjoy it thoroughly.  3 laps would be best, just because the speed of Mario Kart has improved beyond what it was on the N64.  Hell, it should be infinite laps until you get bored with it, but then no one would ever stop playing. :P

The reason I really liked Rainbow Road on the N64 is that the Special Cup is pretty brutal.  Heck, the Star Cup had some tough courses with Sherbert Land and Bowser's Castle.  So, the final track being much easier than those isn't really a fault but it's a nice, relaxing way to finish out the game.  While the cups get gradually harder, it finishes out with a track that I feel like lets you sit back on what you've accomplished so far, rather than having to wait for the credits to do that.  The finale of a game doesn't have to be when all the toughest punches are pulled, but I feel like should be when you feel the most accomplished when you've gotten there.

• The Satellite likes this

#21 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

Hell, it should be infinite laps until you get bored with it, but then no one would ever stop playing. :P

I actually wouldn't mind an "endless" mode, free play style, race until you get tired and want to move on. Certain tracks like Mount Wario would need like a portal or something to take you back to the beginning, but it would be great.

• Dawnlight and Shane like this

#22 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:13 PM

Can't really speak for most, since I've not seriously played any mario karts aside from DS. If I had to say from what I've played/seen though, DS would take #1. The music on this track is amazing, and I used to time trial it for hours to beat the staff record. Drifting on it was a blast.

#23 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

Infinite Laps...time to start pestering Nintendo! I don't see why they wouldn't tbh. I would like to practice hard to reach shortcuts on a track with no lap or time constraints. Heck, it can be like training mode in Smash Bros and we can do lots of interesting things with friends. Sandbox Mario Kart anyone?  :tard:

• MarinaraSauce likes this

#24 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:00 PM

Sandbox Mario Kart anyone?  :tard:

It's not related to what you said, but this line really makes me want an X cup in Mario Kart 8 (i.e. randomly generated courses). The fun would never end.
  • coolgamer012345 likes this

#25 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:03 PM

The Binding of Mario Kart? >.> <.<

• coolgamer012345 likes this

#26 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 07:41 PM

You can actually generate your own courses in Modnation Racers, but randomly generated courses. Think of all the possibilities (and weirdness)! :D 

#27 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:23 PM

Ooo, this is a fun topic. I might as well list my favorite Rainbow Roads from least to greatest. No need for a dwindling introduction, let's-a go~!

8: Mario Kart 7 - Now, I love space and celestial objects as much as the next astronomer, but this stage just felt... bland. The lame, half-assed N64 Rainbow Road remix didn't help either. (It was nice and fit well with the music for the Double Dash rendition, but it feels forced here) You'd think riding on the rings of Saturn and the Moon would be enthralling, but for some reason here, it just isn't. Maybe it's because it felt like it was a big set on a stage? Or maybe because in reality, there'd be no way to ride on the rings of Saturn due to the rings being composed of thousands of fast-moving rocks, and not one big solid disk? Whatever. I'm trying to put logic in a Mario game. That just shows how bored I am. The point is, I'm not a fan of this track. NEXT.

7: Super Mario Kart - This is the track that started it all, but that doesn't mean it's all that special. It's not a bad track by any means, it's just... not that special. It's flat, it's short, and... not... that... special. I don't even have much to say about it, that's how lacking of special it is! I get that the SNES couldn't do much with the track design, so I can't really rag on in too much. At least the music's pretty good.

6: Mario Kart DS - This one's pretty forgettable. I can't really think of anything wrong with the track itself - the design is actually pretty decent - it just doesn't resonate within me. It may be the music. Most Rainbow Roads have AMAZING soundtracks - it's part of the reason why I even want to race on them in the first place - but next to Mario Kart 7's lame music, I think this one is the worst of the bunch. It doesn't really feel very... Rainbow Roady, for a lack of a better phrase. It's not really fair to judge an entire track by the music alone, but I think if it had better music, it would be a much more memorable track.

5: Mario Kart 64 - Oh man, this hurts to say... but aside from nostalgia factor, this track is pretty boring. It's incredibly too long, there's almost nothing to do on it besides turn, and if you mess up early in the race, you're pretty much screwed, and have to finish the entire track in last place. So, if this track is this bad, why is it not lower on the list? Well, part of it is because of the FUCKING BEAUTIFUL music, but also with it being completely fixed in Mario Kart 8. I mean seriously, they made it gorgeous in that game, along with eliminating it's tedious length! That's enough to put it higher on the list.

4: Mario Kart Super Circuit - This is a pretty unpopular opinion, but I love this track. It's just got a feel-good vibe to it. The backdrop is beautiful, the design is fun and hectic, and the music... MY GOD, the music is so incredibly catchy. A lot of people say that the music doesn't fit for a Rainbow Road, and while I kinda agree with that statement somewhat, I honestly don't mind it at all. It's such a fun, catchy song. I just love it! Basically, it's like the Super Mario Kart Rainbow Road, only much more exciting.

3: Mario Kart Double Dash - The top three can be in pretty much any order and it'd still be accurate, but anyways~ this track is pretty much perfect in every way. It's so perfect in my eyes, I don't have much to say about it, other than it's beautifully designed, extremely fun to race on, and the music does wondrous things to my body. This track will be remembered for generations.

2: Mario Kart 8 - I'm not sure why people don't like this one. I think it's fantastic. Past Rainbow Road's have had a kind of fantasy feel about them. Like you were actually riding on a rainbow in the sky. But this time around, it's got a distinct man-made feel about it, and normally for me, that would be a bad thing, but for some reason, it just works here. Riding Go-karts on a space station is a little astronaut's dream, and this track was a good simulation of it. It makes good use of the new anti-gravity mechanic and makes for some nice designs, it's got some catchy-ass music, and it's just generally a blast to race on. It definitely makes up for Mario Kart 7's Lameblow Load. (I need to stop picking on MK7...) This track is absolutely one of my favorites in Mario Kart 8. 

1: Mario Kart Wii - Pretty unpopular opinion, but I ADORE this track. To me, it feels like a nice mix between Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart Double Dash's Rainbow Roads design wise, and it just works beautifully. It's also got a very distinct Mario Galaxy vibe, and that simply does it for me. The design is great, the visuals are beautiful, and the soundtrack is perfect. It's also quite a good deal difficult, and since it's the final track in the game, that definitely works. To me, this is the perfect iteration of Rainbow Road.

----

Welp, my list is looking pretty different from everyone else's...

Edited by Tree, 07 July 2014 - 08:40 PM.

• Dawnlight likes this

#28 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:37 PM

N64 had the best music, just from a compositional perspective.

F-Zero X's is lulz with Cookie Monster growling in the background.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario Kart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users