Is this a glitch?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Chii

Chii

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:19 PM

Okay, so I wanted to test my first quest, check my dungon and the likes, when I noteced something was terribly wrong with my ZC, version 2.10.2...dunno what happened.

Problem 1: The subscreen

IPB Image

I dunno what I did. I didn't change anything at all, and yet when I play the game, this is what my subscreen looks like. It's weird. I'm thinking something got screwed up when I started...I exported the pallets and tiles from the 2.10test quest and imported them into a new file. Something tells me I royally screwed something up, and I will probably have to redo everything I've done over the last 2 weeks. Yes....I am incredibly slow at this sort of thing.

Problem 2: Candle Link

IPB Image

The problem starts when I buy something in my shop. When you get the sword at the beginning of the game and hold it up, you're fine. But then, you go to my shop, buy something, and as you hold it up, you turn in a candle. And no, I checked the Link tiles where you set what Link looks like when he's walking/holding things up, etc, and nothing has been changed. That's when problem 3 starts

Problem 3: Casting Up Link

IPB Image

After you buy something from my shop, Link when he walks in the up direction has the wrong tiles. It's weird.

Oh, and I think I just figured out my dungon problem; I have it set on the wrong level (it's a test quest, just to review the basics before I re-start "To Boldly Go...". That I think I'll fix right now. The other problems, I have no clue what I did.

Help?

Edited by chiisaiko, 15 September 2007 - 07:21 PM.

#2 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:25 PM

What version you using?

Betas are screwey.

#3 Chii

Chii

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

Not a beta, version 2.10.2...

#4 Aaron1046

Aaron1046

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:44 PM

haha um.... I dono whats rong, did you move, change any spirits on your quest?

#5 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:48 PM

Similar thing happened to me, candle link. Not sure, but try changing Link Tile Mods so that they are absolute, as opposed to cumulative.

#6 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:21 PM

In case you do have the Full Link Tile Modifiers Rule checked in 2.10.2, you may want to uncheck that rule so that your Link sprites don't look messed up after he picks up the Magic Shield or the Mirror Shield.
As for the subscreen, you may want to change the square frames to CSet 5, find some new tiles for the Minimap, and find a proper tile for the Triforce Frame in the New1st Tileset.

Edited by Pokegamer1989, 15 September 2007 - 08:30 PM.

#7 Chii

Chii

Senior

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:05 PM

Aaron: Nope, didn't change a thing

Majora: What?

Pokegamer: O.o That sounds complicated....But, I'll give it a shot!

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:28 AM

I heard 2.10test is buggy, plus you shouldn't overwrite your tilesheet with other tilesheet... You should start from the tileset you like instead of importing its tiles to another tileset. That's because the tiles are in different order and so your screens can turn garbage...

What Pokegamer said is a good suggestion, since Full Link Tile Mods changes Link tiles not only when getting a new shield, rather when holding up, swimming, etc... and this screws up even the normal walking tiles...

#9 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:31 AM

Similar thing happened to me, candle link. Not sure, but try changing Link Tile Mods so that they are absolute, as opposed to cumulative.

How would one go about doing this?

#10 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:24 PM

Rather than assigning the Link Tile mods so that they add up, assign them so that they are relative to the position of the beginning Link Tiles.

Does that make sense? I suck horribly at explaining things.

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:52 AM

If you have more than one item with a LTM at the same time, they are cumulative anyway, and if you change to say one shield from another, they aren't cumulative anyway. I thought there was some quest rule or something

#12 Chii

Chii

Senior

• Members

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:33 PM

XD I fixed it! Thanks for your advice everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users