1046 replies to this topic

#16 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE(Rem @ Apr 9 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Not really. They're actually shades. icon_razz.gif [/technicality]

Black may be, but white is a primary colour. icon_xd.gif

On another note, I'm interested in seeing some of the legendaries, considering they've already had the god of Pokemon, if I'm not mistaken.

#17 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna get Black because I like black more than white. Although, I must admit, there are getting a lot of pokemon. It will be hard to get every single one but just not having any of the other ones in it would be a tiny bit too radical. I'm not sure which of those two things I'd prefer.

#18 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:56 PM

So, since it's on the DS, do you think there will be trading between Gen IV and V? Maybe something like there was in between Gen I and II, where you can trade and fight as long as you don't have any of the new Pokemon with you.

#19 Bayta

Bayta

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Dawnlight @ Apr 9 2010, 10:27 AM) View Post
Seriously, I'm not interested in this game. Heart Gold and Soul Silver will most likely be my last ever Pokemon game. There's probably gonna be about 600 Pokemon total by the time this game is released and that's WAY too much for me.
This, 100%.

What I like most about the first two generations of Pokémon is that it was actually possible to "catch 'em all," and that most of the monsters were pretty cool-looking. With the last two generations, and most definitely the upcoming fifth, there are too many Pokémon, and a great deal of them look like a five-year-old's scribbling, and not living, breathing creatures. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the fourth generation, and I almost dread to see what they'll come up with next.

#20 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(Beta Link @ Apr 9 2010, 03:57 PM) View Post

This, 100%.

What I like most about the first two generations of Pokémon is that it was actually possible to "catch 'em all," and that most of the monsters were pretty cool-looking. With the last two generations, and most definitely the upcoming fifth, there are too many Pokémon, and a great deal of them look like a five-year-old's scribbling, and not living, breathing creatures. They were really scraping the bottom of the barrel with the fourth generation, and I almost dread to see what they'll come up with next.

Seriously. Which of these is the most hardcore of the two?

IPB Image

vs.

IPB Image

Notice that big shift from II to III generation?

#21 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:31 PM

If Ruby and Sapphire was released first, you people would be saying the same about Red and Blue. Seriously, this is just a nostalgia thing. Same goes for the Zelda series. Some people just grow off the interest without really realizing it, which is what have happened to some with Pokemon. Personally, I think every single Pokemon is just as creative as the one next to it. I will agree that I find Lugia more awesome than Groudon, but it's not like I think it looks bad. icon_unsettled.gif

#22 Christian

Christian

Summoner

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 9 2010, 05:31 PM) View Post

If Ruby and Sapphire was released first, you people would be saying the same about Red and Blue. Seriously, this is just a nostalgia thing. Same goes for the Zelda series. Some people just grow off the interest without really realizing it, which is what have happened to some with Pokemon. Personally, I think every single Pokemon is just as creative as the one next to it. I will agree that I find Lugia more awesome than Groudon, but it's not like I think it looks bad. icon_unsettled.gif

This 100%. Migokalle couldn't have said it any better.

#23 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ Apr 9 2010, 04:56 PM) View Post
So, since it's on the DS, do you think there will be trading between Gen IV and V? Maybe something like there was in between Gen I and II, where you can trade and fight as long as you don't have any of the new Pokemon with you.
Most likely. I mean, technically, you can trade Gen III Pokémon to Gen IV, even though you can't put any on Gen III, so there's gonna be something at least...

Anyways... It almost seems like it's about time Black and White came out, but... Well, maybe they were running out of precious metals/stones to use for names. icon_deformed.gif

I won't be getting them. I only got HG and SS because they're remakes of the best games in the series (though HG/SS are better than them, even icon_heh.gif ), so that's it for Pokémon for me. Ya know, until they remake G/S/C again thirty years in the future. icon_deformed.gif

#24 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:08 PM

If B/W implements new moves, then it would most likely be handled like trading a Gen I to a Gen II game.

#25 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Apr 9 2010, 05:31 PM) View Post

My thoughts exactly. It's simply the fact that we've known the first and second generations longer and have had more time to grow to like them than the 3rd and 4th generations. Though I will say that if for some reason it is a whole generations of Bidoofs, I'll be taking a pass on this. icon_deformed.gif

#26 Comix

Comix

Hello.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:54 PM

They copied me.

(referencing zc quest project from 3+ years ago ftw.)

#27 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE(Banjo7J @ Apr 9 2010, 02:25 PM) View Post

Although, I must admit, there are getting a lot of pokemon. It will be hard to get every single one but just not having any of the other ones in it would be a tiny bit too radical. I'm not sure which of those two things I'd prefer.

There was a lot at 151.

But way back when there was only 151, did anyone actually go and try to get all of them? Cuz I didn't. I didn't try to attempt that until Diamond/Pearl because I could trade through WiFi.
QUOTE(Beta Link @ Apr 9 2010, 03:57 PM) View Post

Same to this. I don't see what's so hard about catching all of them... >_>
Trading is made a lot easier through WiFi, plus there's the GTS. That's how you do it. That, and trading with friends, or importing Pokemon from GBA games.

Edited by Golden Chocobo, 09 April 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#28 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Apr 10 2010, 03:26 AM) View Post

There was a lot at 151.

604 is 4 times that and there's almost definitely going to be about 640 or higher.

#29 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Apr 10 2010, 02:26 AM) View Post

There was a lot at 151.

But way back when there was only 151, did anyone actually go and try to get all of them? Cuz I didn't. I didn't try to attempt that until Diamond/Pearl because I could trade through WiFi.

Same to this. I don't see what's so hard about catching all of them... >_>
Trading is made a lot easier through WiFi, plus there's the GTS. That's how you do it. That, and trading with friends, or importing Pokemon from GBA games.
I did get them all, including Mew using the clitch in Red Version. I also have about 700 hours of playtime in that game. Seriously. XD (I still wished I could transfer my Charizard from it without having to cheat... I already cheated to get him though, so it's done, but I wish there was some kind of connectivity feature to the old games)

I also got them all in Ruby, and working on Soul Silver. We'll see how that goes.

#30 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 10 April 2010 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE(Golden Chocobo @ Apr 9 2010, 08:26 PM) View Post

There was a lot at 151.

I got them all in my Blue game. Took awhile, but I had fun doing it. When I heard you could get Mew via a glitch...heh...I went for that pretty quickly. icon_deformed.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users