The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

• Please log in to reply
429 replies to this topic

#31 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:43 PM

unfortunately, as been proven with horrible Zelda Titles of late, "Gimme gimme never gets"

#32 Magikarp!

Magikarp!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(octorok @ Mar 26 2009, 10:28 AM) View Post

It would be cool if Nintendo went back and made retro remakes or brand new games of their top titles, such as Zelda. Maybe Mario, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Kirby, and a few others. The concept is already a win in most people's minds especially with Mega Man 9. So yeah basically I want an oldschool top down kick butt adventuring Zelda game. Gimme gimme gimme!!!! icon_mad.gif

To bad this is the best we'll probably get considering Nintendo is trying to appeal more to the casual gamer (Wii Fit, mingames etc)
even the 360 is hitting that same spot for me I can't find any games I want to get besides the ONE I already have and play frequently (Halo 3) which isn't a bad thing, I love the game...

I would love an old school NEW Zelda game, but face it it's probably very unlikely especially on the Wii.
If we DO get a retro NEW Zelda game- I'll become an ative member of PureZC and actually try at my games that I try to make, just busy with the Pokemon TCG icon_blink.gif

#33 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

WTF a train in a medieval period of time? Next Zelda will be "Legend of Zelda: Gangsta Link"?

It looks like some more of the casual bull**** that Nintendo come out with these times to make money easily. I'm pretty sure that game is going to be rushed... icon_frown.gif

#34 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

I think I know what the final title will be:

The Legend Of Zelda: The Magical Choo Choo Train

#35 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

Sheesh you guys are such babies.

#36 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

Well, this is quite a new theme for the Zelda series. I actually don't really have a problem with trains as a theme, other than that, I think it's great that Phantom Hourglass got a sequel, or atleast a game based off it's engine. I'm sure my brothers will want to get this for their DS's. I'd get this too, you know, if I had a DS. icon_lazy.gif
WTF a train in a medieval period of time? Next Zelda will be "Legend of Zelda: Gangsta Link"?

Actually, when you come to think of it, there's already minecarts in Zelda, also, machines, such as Armos are revealed in TMC to be powered by a small flame, so I would think that making a train in the Zelda universe would be absolutely possible. Though what I'm wondering is what would of spawned these kind of inventions in a supposedly ancient world. icon_confused2.gif

#37 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Prospekt @ Mar 26 2009, 08:59 PM) View Post

Sheesh you guys are such babies.

Says the one who's excited about a magical train game.

#38 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Well, I meant it in the aspect that there all gonna die because the next Zelda isn't what they want icon_razz.gif

#39 sigtau

sigtau

*sip*

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:51 PM

Calm the heck down, guys, it's Zelda, alright? Just a game. If you're *that* disappointed with it, just walk away instead of dwelling on it and continuing to bash the fact that at least Nintendo cares enough to deliver something different to us this time around.

I like it. Surely I'll have to buy this game.

#40 Naldrag

Naldrag

Certified Idiot

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

Eh, IMO the idea sounds retarded but I'm not gonna instantly say it sucks either. It could work out, let's just see what the future holds.

#41 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

I'm not disappointed with it really. It's just very vulnerable for jokes and laughs. icon_smile.gif

#42 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(4matsy @ Mar 26 2009, 05:34 AM) View Post

lol, did anyone else immediately think "giant enemy crab, flip it over and attack its weak point for massive damage" when they saw the boss fight? icon_razz.gif

I think of that quote allllll the time. icon_razz.gif

Why? Because Giant Enemy Crabs are, oddly enough, a very popular boss among game designers. Seiken Densetsu 3 had one. Many other Zelda games have had them, as well. Even the latest DS Castlevania game had, like, two of them.

QUOTE(HeavyTitanium @ Mar 26 2009, 07:06 PM) View Post
Actually, when you come to think of it, there's already minecarts in Zelda, also, machines, such as Armos are revealed in TMC to be powered by a small flame, so I would think that making a train in the Zelda universe would be absolutely possible. Though what I'm wondering is what would of spawned these kind of inventions in a supposedly ancient world. icon_confused2.gif

Yeah, there are some anachronistic machines, but they tend to be few and far between, and a large number of them are powered by magic. Additionally, the difference between mine carts and trains is 1.) the invention of a steam engine, and 2.) the laying of hundreds of miles of track.

Some Zelda games have steam engines of some sort (though almost all of the large industrial technology is relegated to the Toon Link games). The real problem is that laying hundreds of miles of track runs totally counter to the setting (there were never any train tracks before...), and they will probably only be able to explain it with -- you guessed it -- magically appearing train tracks that probably disappear at the end of the game. icon_eyebrow.gif

Anyway, I'm not being a crybaby when I point this out. I'm merely saying that I'm not terribly interested, and I'm gradually becoming less willing to simply trust Nintendo when it comes to the cartoon Zelda titles. I'd rather go buy Link's Crossbow Training, to tell the truth.

#43 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(Lithium @ Mar 26 2009, 08:21 AM) View Post

Was the only funny thing you did call the video 'Zelda is Dead' and write in the caption how you don't like it?

I was hoping there'd be some annotations about how bad it looks or something =(

#44 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

I actually think this could be a great game, because let's be honest- when people think Legend of Zelda, they think old-hat. I mean, their standard fantasy settings like in Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess are pretty darn unpopular, if you ask me. But a train?!? I mean, that could really shake things up- it's big like a boat, but goes on land like a horse! I'm sure it will be controlled completely different than either of them were! And did anyone notice Link uses a sword? Obviously Hyrule completely skipped over the boring things like guns and went straight to railroads, which are universally respected as adult and mature. It's obvious that Nintendo really cares about where their series is going, just like Sega for Sonic.

icon_thumbsdown.gif

#45 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE(HeavyTitanium @ Mar 26 2009, 09:06 PM) View Post

And we don't know the plot, so it might not even be a human-made train. Also, remember that Wind Waker also had pirates which in relative terms puts it in the 1700s. Just remember that.

Either way, I am disappointed, not by the plot, but by the system. Phantom Hourglass was great and all, but if I had to pick between another Wind Waker and another Phantom Hourglass, I would pick Wind Waker any day. There's a reason it's held it's position as my #1 all time favorite game for 3 years. If they could use the Wii's massive capacity to build on the good thing Wind Waker had going (maybe they could throw in those three extra dungeons you crybabies wanted, too).

Anyways, I'll probably reserve a copy. I've been making a point to reserve a copy of any canon zelda game.

Edited by PowerGauntlets, 27 March 2009 - 03:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users