Talk about Super Smash Bros Melee

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 25 July 2007 - 08:48 PM

Of course, if you have Fox or Falco, you can just use the Deflector. icon_razz.gif

Also, Marth and Roy have Counter, and that works on *most* ranged and melee attacks.

#47 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Jul 25 2007, 09:48 PM) View Post

Also, Marth and Roy have Counter, and that works on *most* ranged and melee attacks.

Except it doesn't harm the enemy...

#48 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 26 2007, 12:20 PM) View Post

Except it doesn't harm the enemy...

It does harm the enemy IF they are close enough. Try shooting at Marth with Falco or Fox laser while standing right in front of him.

#49 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:33 AM

QUOTE(/M/ @ Jul 26 2007, 12:29 PM) View Post

It does harm the enemy IF they are close enough. Try shooting at Marth with Falco or Fox laser while standing right in front of him.

icon_naughty.gif

Countering attacks is pretty sweet. Marth/Roy has the best counter. Peach's Toad is pretty lame, if you ask me. icon_unsettled.gif

#50 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

. Peach's Toad is pretty lame, if you ask me.

Well if you can do it correctly, it isn't. You have to have great timing though, kind of like using the counter shield. Peach is fairly good character, can be an annoyance to your foes.

#51 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Oh, I know that. icon_heh.gif Played against quite a few annoying Peachers. icon_heh.gif

#52 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:52 AM

(heh.. I can tell your trying to reach 2000 posts..)

Anyway, a question regarding Samus. I do remember watching a battle with a person named "Wess". He was able to quickly move or disappear from one side of the screen to another by using Samus, while rolling in the air. Can anyone tell me how this is done?

#53 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

ShadowTiger talked about that somewhere. I need to find that quote... (and is it that obvious? icon_heh.gif )

I guess it has something to do with wavedashing.
QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 7 2007, 01:02 PM) View Post

I guess. A Wavedash is where you dodge in midair diagonally down to the floor so close to the floor that is looks like you've "Slid" down that way.

You practice it by jumping, and hitting "R" and "Down+Left/Right" shortly after you leave the ground. Do it closer and closer to the ground as you practice, and eventually you'll have barely left the ground.

The following people have the worst Wavedashes:
  • Ganondorf
  • Bowser
  • Jigglypuff
  • Link
  • Peach
  • Pikachu/Pichu
  • Captain Falcon
  • Falco
  • Donkey Kong
The following people have the best wavedash:
  • Luigi - As the wavedash king.
  • Samus
  • Mario
  • Fox
  • Marth / Roy
  • Ness
  • Ice Climbers
  • Game & Watch

Help any?

#54 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

I think Sheik should be on the list of best wavedashers.

#55 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:07 PM

I wouldn't know, cuz I rarely do it. icon_heh.gif

It seems it should probably be in Brawl, though. icon_unsettled.gif

#56 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

I'm only okay at this game because I'm no good at using the L or R buttons. I win a lot of my matches without shield or dodge a single time, but if I went against some of the better "tourney pro" players out there I wouldn't stand a chance. In fact, I know a few people like that in real life.

I use a variety of characters. Ness, Young Link and Yoshi are my favorites, especially Yoshi because of his awesome defenses (he seems to be really good at holding his ground while attacked) and aerial attacks. Falco is completely awesome as well 'cause his smashes are mighty and versatile, his jumping powers are off the charts and he's easy to control (not too fast like Fox). I've also occasionally used Pikachu or Captain Falcon, though I've never been too fond of either of them compared to the awesome Ness.

I DESPISE Marth and Sheik. Both of them are broken characters. They're seriously overpowered and way overused. I'll take Roy on any day, though.

As for courses, I would say Fourside is my favorite course of all time, and Pokemon Stadium is my second favorite. Fourside also has one of the best musics for any level of almost any game I've played.

Items? My favorite is the Beamsword. Home-Run Bat is cool but it's cheap sometimes and generally hard to use. I also am in love with Bob-Ombs because of the adrenaline rush you get when you manage to pick one up before it starts wandering. I also love Freezies. And finally, seeing a Goomba or Re-Dead come out of a Party Ball is priceless. ^_^

One time I threw a Bob-Omb up in the air at my opponent and he dodged and landed in front of me. The Bob-Omb was coming down, and my foe just stood there, waiting for me to take the blast and die (I was at over 100% damage). But I caught it in mid-air with the A button, chucked it at him, he lost his last life and I won. Best victory I ever had.

#57 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:15 PM

As for favorite characters: Link, Young Link, Ganondorf, Pichu, Mewtwo, Mario.

Link for the fanboyness, Young Link for the speed and battering, Ganondorf for the power, Pichu also for the speed, Mewtwo also for the power, and Mario also for fanboyness. icon_deformed.gif

#58 /M/

/M/

6♣7♠8♥9♥10♥

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(The Satellite @ Jul 26 2007, 12:59 PM) View Post

ShadowTiger talked about that somewhere. I need to find that quote... (and is it that obvious? icon_heh.gif )

I guess it has something to do with wavedashing.

Help any?

Well, a bit. I found this video on youtube that explains it more though.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZdgLtTo5V1s

#59 The Satellite

The Satellite

• Members

Posted 26 July 2007 - 12:22 PM

That first trick I know ShadowTiger explained somewhere, but I couldn't find the quote, cuz I kinda forgot the trick. icon_heh.gif

But yeah, I remember ST saying it's also a really difficult trick. icon_unsettled.gif Pays off when you learn it, but difficult to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users