Photo

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Rumor(Possible Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:40 AM

Alright folks, this is somthing I read and I'm not sure if its true. Its also a HUGE HUGE HUGE spoiler to the whole series, let alone the last book.
Highlight the text to find out:
Hedwig dies: pg56
Mad-Eye dies: pg78
Scrimgeour dies: pg159
Wormtail dies: pg471
Dobby dies: pg476
Voldemort kills Snape: pg658
Snape was good, loved Lily - entire Chapter 33
Colin, Crabbe, Bellatrix, Fred, Tonks, Lupin, Ted Tonks, Scrimgeour all die

Hagrid, Malfoy, Neville survive.

Ron marries Hermione
Harry marries Ginny
Their children attend Hogwarts together

The final two sentences are: "The scar had not pained Harry for eighteen years. All was well."

Edited by Zemious, 19 July 2007 - 02:46 AM.

#2 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 02:59 AM

Ron marries Hermionel

Whaaaat? That can't be!
I won't allow it! Argh!
Anyway, as for about half of those, I saw them coming.
I know I probably shouldn't have read them, but for me, it hasn't ruined anything, like the outcome of the book.
Because I can still be surprised by things such as how they die, or who kills who, etc.

Thanks for the info.
It comes out on Saturday anyway. I'll read it and have it finished and hopefully be satisfied in no time at all.

#3 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:16 AM

Where did you read this?

(I didn't highlight your post because I don't want spoilers, but I'm wondering where you got your information)

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:24 AM

I have read it, because I have 100% untrust in these rumors. This haven't changed even after reading this whole thread with all highlightables. Plus, Rowling said that two main characters will die... However, this rumor has a rather plagiar happy ending... Remember, this isn't some hollywood movie, rather a book written by somebody who went a little blood-crazy in the late times.

Plus... (highlight below)

Hedwig dying so early? Technically incorrect. She needs to deliver letters! Killing Hedwig only seems good idea near the end of the book. And Snape loving Lily? Lily Potter? It would explain his hatred towards Harry and the trust of Dumbledore, but still sounds awkward. It's like something that was made up by a weird mind.

#5 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:23 AM

They're talking about being married allready?!?! NO! I don't belive this!

#6 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:19 AM

Why would scholastic be seeking a subpoena on FAKE rumors? Plus, it was on teh daily news. I believe these rumors to be true.

EDIT: CC, Jk will write one final book. Deathly Hallows isn't the last one. (Or so I've heard. She said it herself. Again, daily news.)

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 19 July 2007 - 06:20 AM.

#7 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:21 AM

Did you know someone released the book on the internet already? Photographs of every page, and Rowling's lawyers are on the manhunt so you know it's legit.

#8 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE(Majora's Wrath @ Jul 19 2007, 01:19 PM) View Post

Why would scholastic be seeking a subpoena on FAKE rumors? Plus, it was on teh daily news. I believe these rumors to be true.

EDIT: CC, Jk will write one final book. Deathly Hallows isn't the last one. (Or so I've heard. She said it herself. Again, daily news.)

(harsh sentences coming, not considering the fact that rumors sometimes come out as true)
When people stop so be such gullible? Once some Hungarian magazines and newspapers said all 7 movies are already made even thought the fifth book wasn't even written... and a great deal of people believed it! Once a magazine claimed that Rowling have said that the seventh book have been already written, even thought even the fifth book wasn't written at that time... But my mother still believed it! Sad, very sad...
Furthermore, it's completely visible that these rumors were started by those whos don't even know the HP books well, since these rumors are absolutely not HPish... For example, a plagiar happy end is my last expectation after the happenings of the 6th book...

EDIT:
NoeL: I heard something, but I couldn't catch the whole news. I heard only one part clearly: "...and Rowling isn't compesated even by the fact that it wasn't revealed who will die in the book." From this, I suspected that only parts were stolen and the other part (for example the full death list) was made up. But who knows... It's so hard to believe that really the whole book was full copied...

Edited by CastChaos, 19 July 2007 - 07:27 AM.

#9 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:05 AM

Well the report I saw said the whole thing was available online... even had some nerd with a blacked out face and fake name saying how good a read it was.

#10 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jul 19 2007, 07:23 AM) View Post

Words and stuff

A Series of Unfortunate Events. Those kids go through **** all 13 books. But the very end is a happy ending. It's called Irony.

Also, the scans are on Encyclopedia Dramatica.

EDIT:

http://www.encyclope.../SnapeDies2.jpg
http://armageddongam...ead.php?t=98324
http://www.encyclope...le=Harry_Potter

Edited by Majora's Wrath, 19 July 2007 - 08:57 AM.

#11 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE(Majora's Wrath @ Jul 19 2007, 09:53 AM) View Post

Nevertheless, how do we know that page just isn't an edit of a page of one of the previous books?

Anyways, to that article, I got this to point out, whether it's true or not, but I'll white it out.

Voldemort gets killed by his own rebounding curse on pg. 744

It's funny that it happens on page... 744! icon_eek.gif icon_xd.gif

But I still doubt its truth. icon_unsettled.gif

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

This... does look convincing... icon_blink.gif
Let's go with the idea that the book was really fullcopied... In this case I got know important details despite the fact that I will own the book only in next February! AAAHH! (The HUngarian translation comes in February. I refuse to read it in English, especially on the internet. Not the same feeling. Plus, I don't know the full name conversion chart.)
As for the part of the name conversion (English=>Hungarian) here is some:
Severus Snape - Perselus Piton
Mad-Eye Moody - Rémszem Mordon
Wormtail - Féregfark
Tom Riddle Denem - Tom Marvolo Denem
McGonagall - McGalagony
Goyle - Monstro
Crabble - Krak

But for example who is Scrimgeour, I don't know...

#13 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 11:59 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jul 19 2007, 03:24 AM) View Post

And Snape loving Lily? Lily Potter? It would explain his hatred towards Harry and the trust of Dumbledore, but still sounds awkward. It's like something that was made up by a weird mind.

Well... during the fifth book when Harry fell into the pensieve, he was in one of Snape's memories, right? James, Lupin, and Sirius were all picking on him, and Lilly was the one who got them to stop. Maybe [suggesting that this bit of information about Snape being in love with Lilly is true] that's how he came to love her in the first place. Because she was kind to him.

Just an idea.

#14 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 01:16 PM

^Makes sense, of course. I didn't remember that part. Then it's really true that Snape didn't know that betraying her will cause her death? I refer to the near end of the fifth book where Trelawney reveals that Snape was at the foretelling before Harry was born.

#15 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:01 PM

There's actually a problem with that. One of my friends sent messages to a facebook group I belonged to, with information about the book. Something has to be lying, because in THESE rumors...
Supposedly, Ron gets killed, and dumbledore fakes his death. So someone is lying, or both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users