Favorite Graphics

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:20 AM

So, I just felt like asking. What game has your favorite 2D graphics style? Which 3D game?

Not sure what spawned this question, but it's here...

Personally, Golden Sun has my favorite graphics in 2D. They're comical and fantasy-ish while being very realistic at the same time. Favorite 3D would definitly be Twilight Princess. That game was nothing less than a visual masterpiece

#2 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:23 AM

Hrm...

2D: Minish Cap / Zero Misssion / Cave Story (stands out to me, for some reason)
And 3D would also have to be TP.

#3 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:26 AM

2D... I would have to say Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. That game was gorgeous.

3d... Sicne I dont have any of the Next Gens... I will have to say either Dragon Quest VIII, or Final Fantasy XII. Each of those games was also beautify and vibrant.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:35 AM

2D: aLttP. I love those graphics plus I'm a big fan of SNES RPG graphics (FFVI, Chrono Trigger).

3D: UltimaIX hands down. Maybe it's not 100% life-like but it has a magical fantasy feeling and really suits the story of the game.

#5 EnnonFenom

EnnonFenom

Why, must I clean out Old Lady Simmon's Cave?

• Banned

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:40 AM

my fav 2d would have to be festers quest icon_razz.gif

and my fav 3d would have to be Gothic 3! all though TP is a close second icon_snide.gif

#6 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:57 AM

2D- FF6. It's graphics where just ****in epic for snes. icon_eek.gif
3D- Well...it's not out yet, but Halo 3. icon_wink.gif

#7 Colin

Colin

Coblin the Goblin

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:14 AM

Yeah FFVI had really good graphics for a 2d game.

As for 3D, uhh... TP is probably good.

#8 Deepfreeze

Deepfreeze

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:37 AM

2D, Golden Sun (either one, really both since they were intended to be one game anyway). It just looked beautiful. Like, better than most DS games, and on the GBA. Of course, its awesome gameplay didn't hurt it, either.

but 3D, that's tougher. Graphically, I like Oblivion, of course, but homey can't hate on Half-Life 2. icon_razz.gif I'd still say Oblivion, because, well, Qarl's Texture Pack makes it look so beautiful it makes me cry. (Edit) Almost forgot Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl. Very nice looking FPS. I like it better than Half-Life 2. (but criminally short...)

Edited by Deepfreeze, 16 June 2007 - 12:38 AM.

#9 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:31 AM

2D: SD3 was the best on SNES, though some arcade games look pretty damn sweet (like Metal Slug 5)... and Rayman! Beautiful game.

3D: Hmm... Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles was pretty awesome to look at... oh and Shadow of the Colossus!

I guess I'm a sucker for Squaresoft icon_razz.gif

#10 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:33 AM

2D: SD3 and SPM (the 2D parts).

3D: Wind Waker/Okami... *shot*

#11 MarioBrosCom

MarioBrosCom

Adept

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:23 AM

Golden Sun had some pretty nice graphics, but I'm going to have to say Lunar: Dragon Sun. I didn't really like the game, but it still looked okay.

As far as 3D games go, I really don't mind most graphics - I still think Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time have great graphics - but, at any rate, I like Gears of War's graphics right now...

Edited by MarioBrosCom, 17 June 2007 - 03:22 PM.

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:52 AM

Golsen Sun was AMAZING for a 2D game. Golden Sun = ROXORZ.

For 3D, I guess I'd have to with Halo 3. icon_razz.gif They have a beta out, so it counts!

#13 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

2D: Super Mario RPG, FF6, and Cave Story, Super Paper Mario
3D: Twilight Princess, FF9

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention Pokemon Cyrstal, Silver, and Gold. As for only 4 colors on each pokemon (in battles) they did an amazing job. The rest of the graphic are pretty basic, but they work, and it all fits nicely together.

Edited by EatinCake, 16 June 2007 - 11:48 AM.

#14 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 22 July 2007 - 06:51 PM

How'd I miss this topic?

I'd like to start by saying I think Super Mario RPG is butt-ugly. Any psuedo-3D games drive me crazy. There's been a lot of that on Gameboy Advance...

My favorite 2D graphics would be from Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls. The advanced generation Pokemon games are my second favorite.

As for 3D... I really don't like 3D. But I guess I like The Wind Waker and Tales of Symphonia more than others. The Wind Waker is my #1.

Edited by Sharon Daniel, 22 July 2007 - 06:53 PM.

#15 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:46 PM

Best 2D... I really liked Super Mario World. And the Sonic games, also.

Best 3D... I really liked TP, as well, but I'm not sure it's the best, IMO. icon_unsettled.gif Hmm... I like American Wasteland's graphics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users