Photo

SSOTW Imitations on other forums?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Should other boards be allowed to Imitate PZC's SSOTW?

Should other boards be allowed to Imitate PZC's SSOTW?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:34 AM

I was recently placed in charge of a ZC section on another forum upon its introduction into its wholesome atmosphere, and the first thing that came to mind, after the ZC downloads, that is, was the PZC SSOTW contest. I know they'll be n00bish at first, but it couldn't hurt to inspire the people to further their greatness.

So do you think it should be allowed to have a contest virtually identical to PZC's SSOTW?

#2 theplustwo

theplustwo

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:38 AM

icon_wink.gif i say sure, as long as the people here at PureZC think it's okay.

besides, i know which forum BH4 is referring too, and i know that the people there don't mean to steal business from the excellent PureZC, but rather create their own extension of it.

#3 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 08:50 AM

Sure, go ahead. It's not like a trademark or anything; PureZC just seems to have been more successful with it. Some other ZC sites have a SSOTW already anyway. It's too late to stop them now. icon_razz.gif

#4 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 10:28 AM

Just don't take screenshots without us knowing, then I don't mind.

#5 Praethus

Praethus

Lord of the Darkness

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 11:35 AM

I don't see a problem with you have SOTW, because obviously there is a different member base there. However, if you use it, you should credit Nick for it, because it is his creation. Also do not use any pics submitted for this SOTW without the express permission of the creator. And it wouldn't hurt to tell the people over there about PZC's competition either. icon_wink.gif Other than that, I don't see a problem with it.

#6 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 01:26 PM

Hmmm... I thought this was already in the SSOTW forum, but I guess not. Moving it there since it deals with the discussion of it...

#7 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:17 PM

I don't see anything wrong with it.

#8 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:21 PM

Thank you Happyman. icon_smile.gif That always was troubling me...

So.. Naturally, I always credit Nick (And you guys) with the appropriate toast while cutting the red tape.

#9 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:23 PM

toast...red tape...sounds like smoothies!

#10 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:32 PM

One day... back when CZC was around and had it's own domain... I browsed and found "SoTW". The thing that bothered me about it was the fact they were random shots from people... including myself. icon_confused.gif

Basically... if anyone is going to do a SoTW... they should at least do user submissions. It's not right to just throw around work that people might have left exclusive to one area or something without even asking.

If people do that... I'm fine and dandy with it.

#11 phil

phil

Master

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 03:34 PM

word...thats totally fashizzle.

(translation so you don't say I'm spamming
yeah! thats totally for sure.)

#12 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 29 August 2003 - 04:15 PM

fashizzle.

you sound like someone i know O_o anyway.

Sure, go ahead. It's not like a trademark or anything; PureZC just seems to have been more successful with it. Some other ZC sites have a SSOTW already anyway. It's too late to stop them now.

ditto

#13 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 August 2003 - 04:38 PM

One day... back when CZC was around and had it's own domain... I browsed and found "SoTW". The thing that bothered me about it was the fact they were random shots from people... including myself.
I remember that. I wondered why one of the shots looked better than the rest. icon_wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users