Photo

Best Final Fantasy Game

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: What FF Game is the best?

What FF Game is best?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

I wanted to see the ratio of FF7 fans to FF9 fans.

And, for all FF9 and 10 fans, watch out for a few tracks slipped into QFTE. (Freya's Theme for Castle of the Undead, anybody?)

Ooops! This should be in General Entertainment! Please disregard this thread while I copy and paste it there.
That is, unless a mod says otherwise. (waits for five minutes)

Ok. Let this one die. I put a copy in the correct section. Thanks for your comments, though.

Edited by fuzzyman, 19 July 2007 - 12:35 PM.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 12:26 PM

It was a hard choice between 6 and 7. Excellent graphics, excellent concept, excellent gameplay, excellent secrets, excellent feeling at both. Then I voted 7 for graphics.

Let's see the others I have played:

FFIV:
It had overall a good feeling until the middle of it. After a time, it got simply too hard. A bunch of high defense enemies striking first and then striking again plus draining HP? Oh, Square... Plus I couldn't stand some characters like Cecil, Rosa and that dragon boy. Rydia and the ninja guy were nice though.

FFVI:
Almost voted. Perfect, but not 3D.

FFVII:
Voted. Perfect AND 3D.

FFVIII:
It's a joke! I loved it at first gameplay, but after all we need to admit that there isn't real FF feeling plus the story way too plagiar. I absolutely didn't feel like replaying it immediately after the first playing.

FFIX:
Square tried to put FF1-5 into 3D. They didn't succeed. I liked the game (much better as I did FFVIII) but it was too easy and the final boss was so easy that my sister killed it with ease... My only big complaint is Zidane... icon_eek.gif

FFX:
No! Too much emphasis on machines! The magic went out from the FF series! This game didn't feel like an FF game (like the VIII didn't, either). Plus I hated those religionfanatic yevonites, as well as the rude Al Bhed. icon_confused.gif

FFXII:
I haven't played it, but... MAN! It's enough to watch only the intro to see that it's a so big Star Wars ripoff that it's wonder that Square haven't got sued! Even the beings are the same! And what about the main characters? It's a joke! That girl looks like Yuna (FFX) and the main character is not only gay, but looks like Tidus (FFX) and Zidane (FFIX) together! Plus there is that man who is a Laguna (FFVIII) ripoff.

Only the 6 and 7 are worthy.

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:08 AM

Umm, how about Final Fantasy for the NES?

#4 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:19 AM

Putting the options in numerical order would seem to make a lot of sense. Ah well.

I find FF6 is my personal favorite out of the ones I've played, with 7 coming in a close second, than 5 and 9 being tied. I'd state the reasons, but this is one of those threads I've already repsoned to countless times that if you really care ot see my opipion, you can go back 2 months when someone else asked this question.

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:22 AM

That's the oddest poll I've ever seen.

I cast my vote for Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls.
(*nulls*)

#6 Deathbringer

Deathbringer

Master

• Members

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:21 AM

I voted for VI.

#7 NeoMareth

NeoMareth

Initiate

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 08:36 PM

FF1: Meh. It started the series so that's something.

FF2: Sucks.

FF3: Underrated. One of the best. Has some very good tunes. FF5's predecessor. Play it.

FF4: Too hard? Rubbish. With the total lack of choices (preset parties, no skill customization) it was necessary.

FF5: I thought it was too hard at first, but then again that was back when I sucked. Now I don't. First FF I ever played, too.

FF6: Sheesh, it's as overrated as FF7 supposedly is. Also it's so easy I want to cry.

FF7: Good but not great. Not much to say.

FF8: I got bored halfway through. Meh.

FF9: Yes. Underrated. Voted for it over FF3 and FF5 because, um, I don't know. It's slightly better than them. Slightly.

FF10-12 and Tactics: Never played.

#8 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

Tactics. More specifically, Tactics Advance. That game freaking owns

Second would be FFVI

#9 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 22 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

1, 3, and 5. I love the class systems. 5>1 & 3

Tactics. More specifically, Tactics Advance. That game freaking owns

I hate the original for one sole reason:
I saved before Altima and had to restart the game! D':>

Edited by Mr. Pimpy, 22 July 2007 - 09:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users