E3 2007

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:14 PM

Hmmm, nobody has made a topic about this yet, so might as well make one.

Pretty much, discuss whatever you have seen on TV, such as the release date for SSBB, or the video on Super Mario Galaxy.

Well, discuss.

#2 Elemental

Elemental

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:20 PM

I haven't seen anything yet when is it on?

#3 Animus01

Animus01

Spirit Warrior

• Members

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

I'll be happy to start. icon_smile.gif

Two new gadgets I'm eyeing up, right now: The Wii Zapper, and the Wii Steering Wheel. Both of these are wireless.

The Wii Zapper seems to be a combination of a base, plus the Wii Remote and the Nunchuck. The Wii Remote is at the end of the Zapper, with an extended B Button, it seems like. The Nunchuck is held upright at the handle. It will be packaged with some of the newer first-person shooters.

The Wii Steering Wheel is just that: a steering wheel. icon_razz.gif There seems to be a Wii Remote fitted into the Steering Wheel, as well as a space for the B Button in the back. The Wii Steering Wheel will be packaged with Mario Kart Wii, which is coming out early next year. I'm still wondering whether other racing games (although Excite Truck seems to be the only one, right now) will be compatible with this, as well. I think it is.

EDIT: Beaten to it. icon_razz.gif

Elemental: You can find a video of the Nintendo Press Conference in the E3 section of gamespot.com.

Edited by Animus01, 11 July 2007 - 10:25 PM.

#4 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:44 AM

December 3 = Super Smash Bros. Brawl Release date!

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:30 AM

Wii Fit is the star of the show. Looks sweet. I didn't catch the release date for it though. Hmm...

Anyways, during the talk about SSBB and online games. They still didn't mention if it is going to be online. They made a big deal that Mario Kart will be online. But not SSBB. That is going to suck if SSBB is not an online game. icon_frown.gif

Also, the balance mat that comes with the Wii Fit is awesome. Just think if they made a skateboarding game or a snowboarding game with that thing. That would be revolutionary. O_O

#6 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:54 AM

I took only a glimpse at the site of my VG magazine last night.
I remember for example a new Crash Bandicoot game. It would be pretty if a good Crash game came out.
Also, have I seen a Metal Gear Solid thing? I recall reading MSG4, even though I thought that it's already out...
I wonder if there are any Final Fantasy XIII things there, however I don't expect them to be good, FF went downhill after FFVII...

#7 Blue Link 2007

Blue Link 2007

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

Pretty much, there hasn't been much I found interesting this year on E3. SSBB's only news is it's release date, and the same old stuff on Mario Galaxy. Plus, I have not heard anything about Phantom Hourglass.

#8 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:12 PM

That's because it's already been released in Japan (Phantom Hourglass).

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:42 PM

PH has gotten some incredibly high reviews so far, though. It might be even more of a surprise than expected. (98.5% so far on gamerankings.com)

#10 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Jul 12 2007, 11:42 PM) View Post
PH has gotten some incredibly high reviews so far, though. It might be even more of a surprise than expected. (98.5% so far on gamerankings.com)
Really? I wouldn't have expected it from a hybrid 3D-2D. From the gameplay trailers I've seen, It combines 3D aspects such as hieght in dungeons, but keeps semi-true to the LttP style of gameplay. I can't wait till I can get my hands on it...

#11 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:24 PM

I can hear Reggie in the background at the moment. Good job I love Nintendo, because he sure likes his spin-doctor waffle...

#12 Red Phazon

Red Phazon

Adept

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Jul 12 2007, 09:42 PM) View Post

That's very good news. I was getting worried about PH not looking as exciting as the other Zelda games with the touch only control for a while, but after watching some of the E3 material on it, I'm excited about it now. The multiplayer looks really fun too. Too bad I won't have anyone to play it with.

#13 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:43 AM

I only got to see the PSP portions of E3 (My mom stopped my recording of it. icon_frown.gif ). I'm looking forward to Castlevania: Dracula Chronicals for PSP and the TV hook up. Unfortunately, that'll require a new firmware update. icon_frown.gif

I wish Dark Alex was still doing the OE A Firmware...now I'm probably gonna have to buy another PSP.

#14 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:53 AM

What happened to Wii music? I want icon_cry.gif to play conducting game... (Even though I get to do it in real life...)

Super Mario Galaxy is looking better and better. Can't wait. THUMB! icon_thumbsup.gif

#15 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:25 AM

Eh. I've never been a Mario fan, so it just looks like more of the same to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users