Nibiru

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Adept

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 02:43 PM

Destroy that bastard as soon as possible.

#62 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:05 PM

Honestly, if there was a FREAKING PLANET heading towards Earth, we would have seen it by now. The fact that we haven't probably means that it isn't there.

But if it is coming, you dev folks need to hurry up and finish 2.5.

#63 trucky5

trucky5

"WHAT KIND ARE THEY?" THEY'RE GUATIBALIAN!

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

Haha yeah hurry so we can use it before we die!!! Haha

#64 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Feb 29 2008, 12:05 PM) View Post

Actually, don't. That way, when we're all in heaven, we can joke "see, you devs were so slow you couldn't even finish 2.5 before the end of the world." icon_biggrin.gif

#65 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Feb 29 2008, 09:05 PM) View Post

Honestly, if there was a FREAKING PLANET heading towards Earth, we would have seen it by now. The fact that we haven't probably means that it isn't there.

Well, this is what I think, too... but once my mother (Or was it me?) read at National Geographic or such place that Earth has two moons for some time, and the second was built up probably by space waste. There's no a second moon visible. If there's still one, then that's the proof that space objects aren't neccessarily visible from the Earth surface.

But I still don't think that a whole planet comes in 2012... I rather bet a simple meteor. But if you say a new, more powerful atom bomb, then we are talking, too.

#66 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 06:58 PM

Also, I thought I'd point this out, I read from a reliable source that the whole Nibiru thing is a hoax, anyway. Nibiru is thought to be an a planet discovered by the Sumerians, but in reality, Nibiru is the Sumerian word for Jupiter. And last time I checked, Jupiter wasn't hurtling at us.
Well, this is what I think, too... but once my mother (Or was it me?) read at National Geographic or such place that Earth has two moons for some time, and the second was built up probably by space waste. There's no a second moon visible. If there's still one, then that's the proof that space objects aren't neccessarily visible from the Earth surface.
Actually, it's not a moon at all. It's only about 3 miles wide.

#67 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Mar 1 2008, 12:58 AM) View Post

Also, I thought I'd point this out, I read from a reliable source that the whole Nibiru thing is a hoax, anyway. Nibiru is thought to be an a planet discovered by the Sumerians, but in reality, Nibiru is the Sumerian word for Jupiter. And last time I checked, Jupiter wasn't hurtling at us.

If the Nibiru is really the Jupiter then that switches on different lights. It surely won't jump out from orbit to ram Earth. Unless that there's a theory (I don't believe in that theory, just telling it.) that there was a planet near Earth, but it was teared apart because the gravity of the sun and Jupiter. Then it can be that the Jupiter's gravity destroys Earth in 2012. Eh, lamest thought.
But... you call Wikipedia "reliable source"? *rolls on floor and dies while laughing* Haven't you hear that wikipedia can be edited by ANYBODY, ANYTIME, ANYHOW and even if somebody at least tries to tell the truth there, chances are that it gets deleted/altered because the wikipedia staff's upside down policy?

#68 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:11 PM

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. icon_wink.gif But still, Wikipedia is at least moderately accurate.

#69 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE(Ebola Zaire @ Mar 1 2008, 01:11 AM) View Post

Yeah, I was being sarcastic. icon_wink.gif But still, Wikipedia is at least moderately accurate.

No, it's not, I did read about lot of horrid cases when very inaccurate things were in it for years (like birth dates or even politicians politicial standings), and there are stories about students learning the wikipedia texts and failed on exams because the texts were really flaved. And I heard the latter from an university professor.

Not like this whole case were hurting me. Your religious beliefs are surely a motivation to desperately search for counter proofs, but I won't be hurt no matter if it comes out as true or not. As I said, I strongly assume on of the humanities were made by a race (thus making the myth of creation) but that could happen anyhow. The only thing that bothers is that gold was really overappreciated like some god told people to love it...

#70 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:17 AM

I'm beginning to have extremely strong doubts about this "Planet X".

Australians are meant to be seeing it. I can't see it, so that's proof. And if the name is Sumerian for Jupiter, then what the hell are we worrying about? And if the world ends in 2012, let it happen. We're all killing the planet off anyway, whether it be wars, global warming, terrorism, or just killing whales.. I'm not going to go any further about the whales.. But anyway, if it does happen in 2012, three days before Christmas, I'll be angry. I mean, I won't get my Christmas present! icon_mad.gif

#71 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 04:53 AM

It's obvious that a whole planet won't come here from the outer edge of the galaxy (it would collide with many things on the road, would be engulfed by Jupiter, etc.), but there are probably much more planets out there, it's just that at the outer rings there's much bigger gap between planets than at the inner rings.

As for that end of humanity, yes we simply need to put up with it. We don't need to feel sorry for anybody, there's hardly anybody who doesn't contribute to the human evilness big time. This race deserves nothing good.

That timing bothers me, too. But if it will be visible before at least a month, then people would give out presents earlier.

#72 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

I have mixed feelings about this. I mean, sure, you read it in a news article so that means it is possible that it is true...

...but if it was, indeed, true, it would be all over the news, and we'd already be going into chaos. I would also die of fright.

If it is true, then I'm sure they will figure something out - either destroying the planet, or giving us something to help us survive - but wait... destroying the planet would send the debris into space, and THAT could cause some problems...

I dunno. I'm not worried because I'm against the whole 2012-end-of-the-world theory. Every time they say the world will end, we live on. It's all bullsh*t.

#73 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(Solarrain4)

If it is true, then I'm sure they will figure something out - either destroying the planet, or giving us something to help us survive - but wait... destroying the planet would send the debris into space, and THAT could cause some problems...

No national space company can be so arrogant to think they can destroy a planet. Even if all ground=>space weapons would be shot into a planet, only its surface would be harmed... which practically wouldn't do any change, except in the unlikely case of the planet is controlled by beings whos live on its surface. Altough, an accidentally shown NASA video recording showed a pretty powerful ground=>space weapon which previously wasn't revealed to the public, and then it was denied even though it was seen in the video that something flew so fast that it got away from the atmosphere in about 5 seconds.
However, a comet or meteor is indeed stoppable. It can be atombombed to debris and then the debris can be further pulverized.

QUOTE(Solarrain4)

I dunno. I'm not worried because I'm against the whole 2012-end-of-the-world theory. Every time they say the world will end, we live on. It's all bullsh*t.

But so far every armageddon prediction was without any base. For example, one was that the world ends in 2000 just because it was a millenium... why would the world have ended just because there's one calendar which shows a millenium? A "certain" group of people is so arrogant...
But 2012 isn't a modern age tale, it was said for more thousand years ago... One possible variation is that politicians learned about something that really can end the world in 2012 and while being unable to help it, they internationally agreed to forbid all media mentioning it. This would create a whole with the alien conspiracy, which is an other matter and is also samely questionable, but not impossible.

#74 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Feb 29 2008, 02:53 PM) View Post

But I still don't think that a whole planet comes in 2012... I rather bet a simple meteor. But if you say a new, more powerful atom bomb, then we are talking, too.

Actually, if you hit a meteor with an atomic bomb, then we're talking about millions of smaller, radioactive rocks hurtling towards Earth, which could be even worse.

#75 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(russadwan @ Mar 2 2008, 06:49 PM) View Post

Actually, if you hit a meteor with an atomic bomb, then we're talking about millions of smaller, radioactive rocks hurtling towards Earth, which could be even worse.

That's it... Now you guys are starting to catch on. icon_rolleyes.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users