Photo

Who Does LPs Over Twitch? (Live Streaming)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

I know that Jubbz does Twich LPs, but either he hasn't been on this week, or I;ve missed his streams He also runs them very early (for me).

Who else runs LPs on Twitch, or other streaming services?

What other streaming services are used by LPers?

Does anyone run streams at very late, or very early hours?

Who uses Skype to allow viewers to so live commentary?

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 April 2014 - 03:02 AM.

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:27 AM

I'm thinking of doing LPs with streaming soon. Still getting all the things needed for it but I'm going to give it a shot.

When I did streams last year, they usually started at 4:30pm or 5pm, but that was in GMT (since UK and everything). Not sure what that converts to over there but that time seems usually perfect for me.

I also have live commentary and tend to bring people together on Skype calls while streaming, and we usually have some mad and hilarious moments when I fuck things up in games.

But I'm not sure when I'm going to get back into streaming. All I can say is soon.

#3 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:51 AM

I'm thinking of doing LPs with streaming soon. Still getting all the things needed for it but I'm going to give it a shot.

When I did streams last year, they usually started at 4:30pm or 5pm, but that was in GMT (since UK and everything). Not sure what that converts to over there but that time seems usually perfect for me.

I also have live commentary and tend to bring people together on Skype calls while streaming, and we usually have some mad and hilarious moments when I fuck things up in games.

But I'm not sure when I'm going to get back into streaming. All I can say is soon.

Oi, GMT is fine with me mate, but I do have a rather erratic schedule. :)

I would probably more easily be able to work with streaming around Noon GMT, but that's me. Later than that really pushes my limits, as I generally work nights, and I retire to bed by 14:00 GMT, if not earlier. As I mentioned in my post on 'When do you wake up', my schedule rotates around a 28-hour clock, so my availability will be based on the days, and the timeslots, of your LPs.

Will you be using Twitch, or another service? I've has many problems using Twitch, but i'm not certain of what else would be usable for this sort of thing. If I had a more powerful Windows desktop--my big machines are PPC Macs that can;t run the correct programmes--I would consider doing this too, but my Windows systems are all laptops, and netbooks, which don't make for a good recording session. beyond that, I don;t want to promise anything that I can't deliver, and I can;t assure myself of being able to LP a game though to the end

If anything, I'd LP something like Souls of Wisdom. i would not LP any nightmare-difficult y quest, but i respect those who do. My baseline is that if I don;t believe that I could even have the slightest possibility of 'zero deaths', I wouldn't want to play a game. That doesn't mean that I;d stop if I die, but I don't particularly enjoy quests that are designed to be impossible. I like balanced games, that aren't intended to embroil the player, to the point of homicide.

While CastChaos and DarkFlameWold have made some great games, I generally abandoned playing them after a few levels. I played Lost Isle through Level 3, and when I reached the castle level, I just deleted my .sav file. The Grasps, the potions in chests--I used two of these unintentional, trying to exit a cutscene, both times--and the absurd number of enemies on a screen soured me quickly. For CastChaos, while the games were pretty, the story never made any real sense, and the bosses were impossible. The random triggers also left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

There are of course, some fine games by CC and DF that i do play, such as DFW's remakes of the first and second quests. While difficult, they are still balanced. Lost Isle though, was just plain impossible, and this is coming from a bloke that managed to clear the first quest of Outlands, on cartridge, with zero deaths. (Mind you, not on my first attempt.)

Additional Questions for You

Do you plan to do voice-acting, and are you interested in guests reading lines in games, for some dramatic acting?

are you on Skype? You can find me on Skype under ZoriaRPG, if you ever wish to discuss your plans.

What game do you plan to use as a starting point, and do you plan to stream any demo quests (quest projects)?

I'd love for someone to work with me on a cooperative stream of TGC, on my next update. I think it would be interesting to have a player, streaming an LP, with the questmaker chatting with them at the same time.

Edited by ZoriaRPG, 12 April 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#4 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:34 AM

eppy does his streams on twitch   www.twitchtv..com/eppy37

#5 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

I also do time to time at:

http://www.twitch.tv/mbwchampion

I am currently playing Isle of Rebirth.

• Avaro likes this

#6 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:18 PM

The answer to your questions are in red.

Will you be using Twitch, or another service? I will be using Twitch as that's the easiest way to stream for me.

Additional Questions for You

Do you plan to do voice-acting, and are you interested in guests reading lines in games, for some dramatic acting? Yes, definitely, I'll get on with voice acting on my streams, and with guests, I'll definitely let them read out lines too.

Are you on Skype? You can find me on Skype under ZoriaRPG, if you ever wish to discuss your plans. Yep, I use Skype quite frequently, I go by the name "EddyTheOliveira" (wonder where I got THAT from!?) and I'll be sure add you at some point.

What game do you plan to use as a starting point, and do you plan to stream any demo quests (quest projects)? As a starting point, I'm thinking of streaming my own completed quests from the oldest to the most recent. Note that the recent ones are pretty long, but I should get through them pretty easily.

I'd love for someone to work with me on a cooperative stream of TGC, on my next update. I think it would be interesting to have a player, streaming an LP, with the questmaker chatting with them at the same time. I could give this a try in the future, I'm actually curious myself as to how this will work out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users