Photo

My first quest

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 raver331

raver331

• Members

Posted 15 November 2004 - 08:36 PM

Edit: Umm, never mind. I don't want to do an OOT quest. I don't see a delete button though.

Edited by raver331, 15 November 2004 - 08:43 PM.

#2 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 16 November 2004 - 01:48 AM

*chuckles* Well now, that didn't take long. I didn't even get a chance to bet how long it'd take you to give it up.

Reflectionist is already trying this, but seriously, I think you'd best spend your efforts on something else. I considered it, too, but before I started seriously working on it I'd planned to instead make a sidestory sequel. LTTP may be partially possible in ZC, but not OoT... not really.

P.S. - Welcome to the forums. icon_smile.gif

Edited by Radien, 16 November 2004 - 01:48 AM.

#3 raver331

raver331

• Members

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:43 PM

Yeah, I had the thought of 2 overworlds like the N64 game, but that sounds too expert for me. I just decided to try a run-of-the-mill quest with the BS tileset and see if I'll finish it or not (probably the latter icon_razz.gif ).

#4 raver331

raver331

• Members

Posted 23 November 2004 - 07:48 AM

Hey, I have an idea. I could do a Zelda 1 remake to hone my skills and maybe make an original quest. I know it has been done lots of times, but I think this quest I can stick to for at least a few days. I just have a question: Can you replace the NES tileset with a better-looking tileset without starting from scratch?

#5 Radien

Radien

Courage

• Members

Posted 23 November 2004 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE(raver331 @ Nov 16 2004, 06:43 PM)
I just decided to try a run-of-the-mill quest with the BS tileset and see if I'll finish it or not (probably the latter  icon_razz.gif ).

Good plan. icon_smile.gif Are you going to use my rerelease of the BS tileset? I just finished version 2.5.

Hey, I have an idea. I could do a Zelda 1 remake to hone my skills and maybe make an original quest. I know it has been done lots of times, but I think this quest I can stick to for at least a few days.

Everyone and their cousin does this, but it is indeed good practice. Perhaps if you don't want to be redundant, you could use it as just an excercise, and don't plan on finishing a full quest if you don't care about it that much.

I just have a question: Can you replace the NES tileset with a better-looking tileset without starting from scratch?

Quite easily. Just go download a tileset from the PureZC database. They are usually submitted in QST format. So, you just open the tileset QST file in ZQuest, and treat it as your quest template, only it doesn't have any maps yet.

Off-topic:
Hey, your member number is my birth year. Coolness.

Edited by Radien, 23 November 2004 - 09:04 AM.

#6 raver331

raver331

• Members

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(Radien @ Nov 23 2004, 06:02 AM)
Just go download a tileset from the PureZC database. They are usually submitted in QST format. So, you just open the tileset QST file in ZQuest, and treat it as your quest template, only it doesn't have any maps yet.

Actually, I meant to say if you could switch tilesets but the map would be the same, so everything would be done with a click of the mouse. That was sort of hard to explain. icon_sweat.gif

Edited by raver331, 23 November 2004 - 04:01 PM.

#7 sonlen

sonlen

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 February 2008 - 12:44 PM

I don't think it is possible, but I am not for sure. I am not really a noob, but I don't know everything, so there might be a way.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:28 PM

This is so gravedigging. The topic is almost four years old.

#9 Dinnick the 3rd

Dinnick the 3rd

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:44 PM

thats can make a good quest changing the tilesets only, but, i think in the purezc quests there are so much remakes of the 1st quest. icon_confused.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users