Photo

Accr89 Poll #5 Febuary 3, 2008

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Choose your Weapon

What would be your favorite choice of weapon in ZeldaClassic?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

My choice is always a bow and arrow!!!! What's yours???

#2 KDillon

KDillon

Senior

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

ive always like the hookshot

#3 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

Boomerangs are the best for sure. *shot*

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 06:02 PM

I'd pick "hookshot". That was my favourite item in ALttP and OoT. Altough, sometimes I ready the boomerang, because the hookshot can't go diagonal and I can move while the boomerang flies. The hammer is also good, I ready it when I have worse than L3 sword. Altough, I didn't frequently use it in ALttP, and it was almost useless in OoT. The bow and arrow isn't my choice because it consumes rupees (or arrows) and I don't use consumables unless when needed. Whenever I went on an arrow frenzy in ALttP, I simply ran out... Same reason I don't use the wand frequently, except that I went on a lot of wand frenzies in AoL. And then bombs... well, I use it only when needed, but I loved to pick up and carry them in ALttP. It wasn't the same fun in OoT. As for others, I recently fallen in love with the Lens of Truth. Finally I know what can be triggered by what! I loved it in OoT, too. And sword... Well, I love swords only in ALttP (You gotta love that sword swing SFX!), but it starts to be otherwise plagiar...

#5 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

Well very interesting comment Castchoas. icon_thumbsup.gif
Weapons are very useful and just the way how Castchoas explained the weapon system in the best Zelda Games is very knowledgable!!! So most people picked the Bow and Arrow, and the hookshot. What's your Game?????

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Boomerang. Or the Wand. If the wand uses magic, then no. So in this case, I actually choose the boomerang. *Not shot*

#7 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:36 AM

I nulled.

I was torn between most of them. I'm not much on using the hookshot as a weapon, it usually works against me. The hammer, as most know, is usually too slow to be extremely effective (key word is: extremely). I like bombs, except in quests where the bombs hurt you. Of course that just adds to the challenge, so it's not all that bad. I've used bow&arrows a lot in quite a few quests, but as said before, it's rather costly to do so. I like the wand in the original LOZ because you can flip darknuts with them (harder with the sword). Boomerang is fun when you get the Fire one because of the cool flames that follow it. And now the almighty sword, well everyone is just so used to it, it is what makes the quest.

Just a thought:
Maybe NONE OF THE ABOVE should be OTHER? Then we could mention things like Red Candle (Blue one, not so much). Nightmare's James Quests got me stuck on that one. Or maybe someone likes the catchy tune of the whistle? Then I guess it would be Items not weapons...

I'll shut up for now... or the moment... or in a minute... or...

Edited by jerome, 04 February 2008 - 10:38 AM.

#8 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

Depends. I use the boomerang the most. However, if the wand does not use magic, I'd use that.

#9 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

What's Zelda without a sword really.

#10 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE(Sacred Nym @ Feb 4 2008, 03:16 PM) View Post